Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

RUMOR: X1 COD: Ghosts 720p, PS4 1080p. Titanfall 720p.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Not sure why some people are trying to do damage control because those versions may end up being inferior, but I guess I would be bothered too if I saw all this shit surfacing about something I'm paying $500 for, lol

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By Seppli

@thehbk said:

Y'all need to shut the hell up. If you care about resolution and all that shit, you are playing this motherfucker on the PC. Everyone else playing on consoles doesn't care.

If true, if you buy Xbox One, you'll pay 100$ more for like half the pixels in Ghosts. I don't see how that's not a pertinent topic when it comes to anyone's purchasing decision. I certainly care about native rendering resolution. I really hope 1080p will be the paradigm for all new gen games. Set in stone for any technical artdirector, minus a couple of horizontal lines on the top and the bottom of the screen, if it absolutely needs to need be.

Why shouldn't console players care about getting the most for their money?

thefeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefeta: That's too bad man. There are plenty of games out there that are better and with a similar skill-level ceiling.(Killing Floor, Left4Dead etc.)

@jackburt0nDead Rising 3: 720P (upscaled from 560P), 25fps

Except that I personally don't find them better or as fun so thanks for the ideas but no. I think Killing Floor is crappy. Left 4 dead never interested me at all. Do you generally assume because people like COD they don't pay attention to anything else?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefeta: No, I assume they prefer McDonald's to a nice filet mignon *tips fedora*

thefeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefeta: No, I assume they prefer McDonald's to a nice filet mignon *tips fedora*

I wasn't positive if you were an elitist hater douche troll but thanks for the confirmation.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Nekroskop

@thefeta: You're assuming too much, mate. CoD isn't really that good anymore. It's the same regurgitated nonsense since CoD4. Ok. Let me recommend you some better games than those I mentioned before:

Natural Selection 2, Team Fortress 2, Quake Live, Red Orchestra 2+the expansion, Rise of the Triad, Chivalry and CS:Go. If you find none of those appealing, you're a lost cause and can stick to CoD until they no longer make them.

WARNING! Some of the games mentioned above does not have level-progression. Proceed with extreme caution when playing those.

thefeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really feel the need to be saved from my Mcdonald's. I enjoy some multiplayer with some friends in a game I know will be decent on my 360. If that makes me a lost cause to you well uh Sorry? Lately I have actually moved my multiplayer focus to Dota 2 for something new. Too each their own.

I have tried a few of the games you put up there and honestly if you are trying to say Chivarly and Killing Floor are better than COD I would humbly disagree. Rise of the Triad and Quake live seemed outdated however I definitely want to check out CS:Go.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rock of Ages has multiplayer. Great game.

Hearthstone does too

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Isn't the PS4 around 50% more powerful than the XB1 while having a similar x86 architecture? If that's still the case, is it any surprise that games might look and perform better on PS4?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The COD Ghosts on Xbox One in 720p "rumor" isn't much of a rumor any more.

From Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/about-those-xbox-one-vs-ps4-graphics-rumors-1454130634

While we've not seen the games in action on finished units, two development sources have both told us that the scuttlebutt is true and that Ghosts runs at 1080p resolution on the PS4 and at 720p on the Xbox One. That's due to the power differential favoring the PS4's graphics processing unit and the ease of development on the Sony platform, they say.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

@amyggen: same. i would only get ghosts for the extinction mode when that gets cheap, which may not even happen, cause it doesnt look that great compared to zombies IMO

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Well stop the fucking presses!

More like XBONEd

more like XDONE

!!!

They did it to themselves man they did it to themselves!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By EXTomar

Side note: I'm not entirely sure I'd say that Microsoft produces one of the best C compilers in the world but I will say Microsoft produces one of the best cross language/cross platforms development environments....for Microsoft products and platforms.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

total confirmation now from Infinity

Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4. We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rqqa5o

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#216  Edited By Warfare

@darji said:

Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4. We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.

This may deserve a new topic.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Darji

@warfare said:

@darji said:

This may deserve a new topic.

Fee free to do so. If I do one people may not like it XD

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.