What console is will be the most active for COD Ghosts?

Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: What console is will be the most active for COD Ghosts? (54 votes)

PS4 20%
Xbox One 69%
PC 11%

I have a good PC gaming rig and have both the PS4 and Xbox One pre-ordered. Now I wonder what platform should I get the new COD for. I plan to play in clan tournaments. I prefer console as I travel sometimes and find it easier to bring a console with me than my PC. Microsoft gets the COD DLC earlier but with the Xbox One backlash I wonder if a majority of the community will jump ship to Sony. So as far as the poll I question which platform will have the most active COD community for the next edition.

PS: This topic is not about how you do not like COD and wish the IP would just die. Me and others enjoy it and there are plenty of other games you can enjoy while ignoring this one.

#1 Edited by JasonR86 (9746 posts) -

Xbox360.

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4250 posts) -

"Xbox"

#3 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

Once the new consoles come out I doubt I will have my PS3 or Xbox360 plugged in anymore. Maybe in another room that needs Netflix but not for gaming.

#4 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Xbox 360 sounds right.

As for next gen consoles? Whichever sells the most.

#5 Posted by afabs515 (1208 posts) -

#6 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4423 posts) -

Why isn;t the 360 on this list? That's the no brainer choice.

As for a platform that isn't current gen then my guess would be the PC because the next gen consoles don't have an install base yet.

#7 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

Why isn;t the 360 on this list? That's the no brainer choice.

Forgot to put in the title but for the poll is for next gen consoles. PC shouldn't even be on the list either. So wondering if I had to choose which console to buy for what would it be. As I like many others probably will not be buying games for older consoles if getting the newer ones.

#8 Posted by Abendlaender (2841 posts) -

360 is the obvious answer

#9 Posted by CornBREDX (5646 posts) -

Probably 360, but after that, if XBOX continues to get the early exclusives on COD stuff, it will probably continue to dominate that market. Assuming COD even remains a power house thing.

#10 Edited by xyzygy (10043 posts) -

360 this gen, X1 next gen. They have that exclusive map pack deal don't they? That's usually what does it for these types of games.

#11 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

360 this gen, X1 next gen. They have that exclusive map pack deal don't they? That's usually what does it for these types of games.

Not exclusives but they get them early. Last COD I played on PS3 and hated having to watch all the Xbox videos for weeks before I could play them.

#12 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2371 posts) -

#13 Edited by Budwyzer (604 posts) -

Why is this even a question? By the time the next gen consoles launch they'll have already announced the next call of duty game. COD: SMACKDOWN. A COD game with wrestling style hand to hand combat mechanics, instead of: Knife a toe, get a kill, it will be: Grab a Chair, Smash a Skull.

Goddamn, now I'm thinking of an allout Multiplayer open fighting game with wrestling moves, instead of guns. That sounds fun. Just running up and tackling and drop kicking guys.....

Also, WiiU is on the list of consoles to release to. Why is it not an option to choose from?

chimichanga

chimichanga

#14 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2508 posts) -

Atari Jaguar

#15 Posted by BigJeffrey (5092 posts) -

Wii U

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.