Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

360 controller :) vs PS3 controller :( with friends :)

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By leviathan

So, i've been a 360 guy this entire "generation". Any game that is released, i buy it on the 360.

As a result, I find the PS3 controller awkward, and 'floaty'. The sticks are too loose, and there is too much freedom of movement compared to the 360 controller.

As a result, I can aim better, and obviously play better on the 360.... However, ALL of my friends have it on PS3. I mean ALL.

Therefore, i'm stuck between keeping my 360 version of the game, or returning it for the PS3 version, where I'll be with my friends, but ultimately suffer in how well I play.

My question is, if anyone has any experience migrating from a 360 controller to a PS3 controller, how difficult is it? Will I pick it up quickly? or does it take time to get used to it?

I'm happy to transfer my "allegiance" to the PS3 if I can feel as comfortable with the controller, and proficient in aiming with it as I do now for the 360.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

There are third party controllers that are similar to the Xbox 360 ones available for PS3.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

You can get one of those shitty third party ones that are bigger? OR you can just play and manage.

What do you prefer? Having fun, or having a negligible increase in accuracy? Which is unimportant anyway as there is a fuck tonne of aim assistance helping you regardless of the platform.

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By leviathan

@NekuSakuraba: Reaaaaally. So the sticks are the same? ie. Same level of resistance, and movement?

@AlexW00d: That's the dilemma I'm in. I can't decide if I'd rather be with my friends, or playing with more proficiency lol. I'd like to have the best of both words, which is why I'm curious as to how easy it is to get up to the same level of comfort with the PS3 controller and I do with the 360 controller.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Pazy

Its so much better to play any games with friends, and likely you will get used to the controller in time. I had to get used to it as well since a bunch of people I met in college were PS3 centric and it felt wierd for a while but you get used to it and it becomes a non-issue. I still prefer the 360 controller but I dont suffer on PS3 at all. Most importantly, Friends! They are good, screw K/D especially for friends!

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Revan_NL

Just play more with the DS3. After a while you'll get used to it, although it still isn't ideal. Everytime I play a game on my PS3 and then go back to a game on the 360 I'm amazed how good that controller fits in my hands. Most of the time I play SP games on my PS3, simply because I'm not as good online.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed

it doesn't take me very long to get used for the controller after playing on 360 for a bit. in fact, i'd say except for fighting games, the migration is flawless. though after using the 360 controller for so long, i don't really like the trigger on the PS3 controller that much. they're fine to use for grenades or something if you're playing call of duty. but otherwise they're odd. shouldn't be too big of a problem over time 

controller should be the least of your concerns though. if your friends are fun, you'll be too busy enjoying yourself to even care

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By leviathan

@Pazy: That's a very convincing argument Pazy. You bring forth many valid points. hahaha

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Masha2932
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlexW00d

@leviathan: As someone once said in a very cringe worthy manner "Bros before kill/death ratios".

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nasar7

If you have to think about it, you prob take MW way too seriously.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

@Pazy: Couldn't have said better myself.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MideonNViscera

Pretty sure they were showing some lady a MW3 PS3 controller at EB Games the other day. It had the 360 stick layout.

There's also that MadCatz MLG controller coming that'll allow you to do the same thing.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By alexl86

I went from playing with a PS2 controller to playing with a 360 controller this generation. I was sort of eased into it by playing 360 games at a friend's house, it didn't take very long to get comfortable with it. While I think the 360 controller is a little better to hold (the PS3 controller always felt so light, like it was going to break), I will say that PS controllers in general have much, much better d-pads.

It's almost more annoying to go from 360 to the Wii classic controller, because of the reversed placements of the face buttons.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By jkuc316

@MideonNViscera said:

There's also that MadCatz MLG controller coming that'll allow you to do the same thing.

First I've heard of this,hope it's only at least $60.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MideonNViscera

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.