Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Any Info on the First MW3 DLC?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

Has anyone come across information on the first bit of MW3 DLC? I recall them saying that there were something like 20 pieces of DLC that would be released (to those who had the online pass, at least) each month. It'll have been a month in a few days and I haven't even seen the first hints of them promoting anything upcoming. (And when it does, I sure hope it's a more compelling map or something and not just something idiotic like a 360 avatar item).

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By fentonalpha

It's been said somewhere that they won't start it till January. With 20 pieces of DLC then that works out around a piece every 2 weeks till the next release.

The concept sounds good but i have appreciated the magic of "map packs". 1 map at a time kinda seems underwhelming.... unless the dlc features other things that are not maps and a "map pack" can be considered 1 individual piece which would be nice.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Branthog

Problem I still have with map packs is that their value is diminished with each release. Since these games are generally replaced every year by the next iteration, the first map pack only has 75% of the game life left. Then 50%. Then 25%. I'd rather get a map every two or four weeks, frankly.

blake_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By blake_brown

i think the "map at a time" deal is only for those who have paid for Elite. otherwise, you're getting them in a pack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.