So there's been a lot of bitching about, how Call of Duty Elite would make users pay for, what other game companies offered for free, you know comprehensive stat tracking and stuff like that, well guess what? That will be free with Call of Duty Elite. Yes that's right, Activision is actually offering free stuff? Start making jokes about flying pigs, and hell freezing over. But what will you exactly be getting for free?
Elite in and of itself will be a free service. Activision says Elite will be the "best free service on the market" because it offers "more features than any other service out there. Additionally, many of Elite's free features which will debut with Modern Warfare 3 are industry firsts and offer a new level of innovation." Below is the list of features listed as being free to all users. More questions are answered in the FAQ
- Access Elite through the web as well as Elite's free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
- Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
- Track and share thousands of stats with friends -- k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
- Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries -- who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
- Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance -- where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
- Analyze your weapons performance -- which weapons you are best with in which situations
- Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
- After you analyze your performance to your heart's content - Customize your loadout -- search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
- Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against -- find people who make the game the most fun for you -- TDM, Lakers' fans, Weekend Warriors, whatever you choose.
- Create a private Clan with players who share your interests and skill level
- Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
- Seamlessly be placed into matches into Groups who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile to elevate your in-game experience.
- Start tracking your Call of Duty career -- everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops
Still, it's not clear what you will be paying for, nor how much you will be paying for it, but this is pretty cool.
So, to all of you people who hates Call of Duty, Activision and Bobby Kotick (I understand most of your complaints, really I do) I ask of you, please, PLEASE, don't start hating before you get all the facts, and when you do, hate/complain for the right reasons.