Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Could this be the official MW3 perk list?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

[edit] Video is down, list is up. 

PERK 1
    Extreme Conditioning
    - Sprint longer distances - climb obstacles faster
    Slight of Hand
    - Faster Reload - faster weapon swapping
    Scavenger
    - Players drop ammo packages when killed - more ammo from the start
    Blind Eye 
    - Undetectable by point streak rewards - Launchers faster aqquire target and you do more damage to air support
    Recon
    - Explosive damage paints target on minimap - bullet damage paints target on minimap

PERK 2
    Hardline 
    - one less kill to earn a streak - two assists count as one kill towards streak
    Assassin
    - Immune to UAV, portable radar, thermal and heartbeat sensors - immune to counter UAV and EMP
    Overkill 
    - two primary weapons - second primary weapon can be equiped with 2 attachments
    Quickdraw
    - faster ADS - faster recovery from using equipment and throwing grenades
    Blast Shield
    - greatly reduces explosive damage - immune to stuns and flashes

PERK 3
    Sitrep 
    - Can see enemy eqipment through walls - enemy footsteps are louder
    Dead Silence 
    - Make no noise when moving - no fall damage
    Stalker
    - Fast movment when aiming down sight - delay claymore explostions
    Marksman
    - ID target from range - longer hold breath time
    Steady Aim 
    - higher hip fire accuracy - faster ADS after sprinting 

Updated video that has NOT been pulled.  It explains the situation, but does not include the perk list:

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By InfiniteGeass

The video is gone, so it's probably good you're typing up a list.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Arker101

It's locked down, but what's the analysis, Pro-perks, how you get them, etc?
    Darn I wanted to see that video.\ 
    Edit: Awesome list, Thanks!

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Crixaliz

Wow they took that down quick

Edit: Thanks for typing it up. Looks like they are just altering existing perks and not adding new ones.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

If its locked down, then it must be official.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Woah!  That was fast.  I hope the guy who posted the list doesn't get too much grief from Activision.  He's a good guy, fairly big in the COD you tube community, and a big fan of the series.   

Anyhow, enjoy the list.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1

hope overkill returning and blast shield being a perk don't make for balancing problems

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bombHills

try this link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2atZhb9ZPA

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Crixaliz said:
    Wow they took that down quick  Edit: Thanks for typing it up. Looks like they are just altering existing perks and not adding new ones.
    Blind Eye 
    - Undetectable by point streak rewards - Launchers faster aqquire target and you do more damage to air support
    Recon
    - Explosive damage paints target on minimap - bullet damage paints target on minimap
    Hardline 
    - one less kill to earn a streak - two assists count as one kill towards streak
    Assassin
    - Immune to UAV, portable radar, thermal and heartbeat sensors - immune to counter UAV and EMP
    Overkill 
    - two primary weapons - second primary weapon can be equiped with 2 attachments
    Quickdraw
    - faster ADS - faster recovery from using equipment and throwing grenades
    Stalker
    - Fast movment when aiming down sight - delay claymore explostions
    Marksman
    - ID target from range - longer hold breath time

Everything I've underlined is either brand new to any COD game, or hasn't been seen in several years (overkill).  That isn't even counting things like faster weapon switching being the pro version of slight of hand.  Previously it was only available when using the sniper perk that allows you longer hold breath time.  Now, assuming this list is correct, you can combine it with overkill and have two primary weapons that you can switch between very quickly.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By jacdg

Wow, Blast Shield is going to be ridiculously good, Tactical Mask Pro might've been the best perk in Black Ops and was heavily underused, combined with Flack Jacket it's going to be great.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
    AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AndrewBeardsley
    @Redbullet685 said:
    If its locked down, then it must be official.
    agreed.
    defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By defaultprophet

This looks pretty sweet! Thinking SoH, Assassin, Stalkers or SoH, Quickdraw, Steady Aim. Depends on how fast Stalker is.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Liquidus

I'm gonna go ahead a predict a lot of people using Assassin just like Black Ops.....ghost, ghost everywhere.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By zyn
    @Liquidus said:
    I'm gonna go ahead a predict a lot of people using Assassin just like Black Ops.....ghost, ghost everywhere.
    I hate Ghost -_-
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Liquidus said:
    Splitting ghost and ghost pro into two different perks (Assassin hides you from UAV and Blind Eye from kill streak support) is going to be huge.  Anyone running Assassin is going to give up the ability to: 

1) Earn their streaks faster 
    2) Carry two primary weapons AND use more than one attachment (which would also give them twice as much ammo)
    3) Aim faster than anyone who happens to be using Assassin 
    4) Be almost immune to explosives, being stunned and being flashed. 

AND, on top of all of this, they'll STILL be able to be killed by air support, unless they're also running blind-eye, which will prevent them from another whole set of perks.  It'll still be a popular perk--especially with Dead Silence and extreme conditioning--but I don't think it will be used anywhere near as much as Ghost was in Black Ops.
    Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Liquidus
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    @Liquidus said:
    Splitting ghost and ghost pro into two different perks (Assassin hides you from UAV and Blind Eye from kill streak support) is going to be huge.  Anyone running Assassin is going to give up the ability to:  1) Earn their streaks faster 2) Carry two primary weapons AND use more than one attachment (which would also give them twice as much ammo)3) Aim faster than anyone who happens to be using Assassin 4) Be almost immune to explosives, being stunned and being flashed.  AND, on top of all of this, they'll STILL be able to be killed by air support, unless they're also running blind-eye, which will prevent them from another whole set of perks.  It'll still be a popular perk--especially with Dead Silence and extreme conditioning--but I don't think it will be used anywhere near as much as Ghost was in Black Ops.
    Forgiving up the up the ability to earn streaks faster and having reduced explosion damage didn't stop them in Black Ops and I seriously doubt it will stop them here. The other two aren't significant to the average player(specifically the average player who uses nothing but Ghost) to pull that much weight. Of course, time will tell if that's the case but ever since the constant disappointment of the CoD games since CoD4, I have a hard time getting remotely excited for the series anymore.
    Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arker101

Do you think SitRep will cancel out Dead Silence? 
    And as for Recon, does it detect them when they take damage or when they deal damage? I assume damage taken.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Arker101 said:
    And as for Recon, does it detect them when they take damage or when they deal damage? I assume damage taken.
    I think it pretty much has to be damage taken.  Anything else wouldn't make sense.  And sitrep didn't cancel out dead silence in MW2, did it?  I'm pretty sure it made it so you could hear dead silence players, but only barely. 

Anyhow, an updated video has been posted.  Explains the situation, but doesn't include the perk list.  The original post has been updated with the new video.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By PeasantAbuse

A lot of the new stuff sounds really cool.  Stalker will be very useful.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Pie

Sounds like stalker is going to be the new go to for people

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By faustyn

no stopping power? jesus, what a bunch of morons. hopefully the guns will actually kill people and not just tickle them like in black ops.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By George_Hukas

Splitting Ghost into two separate perks Blind Eye and Assassin, albeit different perk tiers, is pretty smart. Being hidden from radar and killstreaks is a bit overkill.

@Pie
    I never understood the appeal of perks that change your movement speed ADS.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Pie
    @cide: I didn't think they were any?
    TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By TheDoorman

Assassin perk seems overpowered. other than that solid list. Some interesting perk ideas I guess.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Glad Stopping Power's gone, extremely sad both Commando and Lightweight are gone. Now I'll actually need to learn how to use a gun properly...

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @faustyn said:

no stopping power? jesus, what a bunch of morons. hopefully the guns will actually kill people and not just tickle them like in black ops.

In black ops, they got rid of stopping power and did not factor it into the damage.  Infinity Ward has already announced that stopping power isn't a perk in MW3, but its effect WILL be factored into the damage.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AjayRaz said:
    hope overkill returning and blast shield being a perk don't make for balancing problems
    i was going to say the exact same thing...  i can see a lot of people getting nukes with those 2 perks
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By beargirl1
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    @AjayRaz said:
    i was going to say the exact same thing...  i can see a lot of people getting nukes with those 2 perks
    are nukes confirmed to be back? even though i never got one, it was really neat to be on the same team as a friend who got one. 
    Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Winger

@AjayRaz said:

Don't you fucking worry.

I love having a perk that makes me immune to bad players.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AjayRaz said:
    @AjayRaz said:
    are nukes confirmed to be back? even though i never got one, it was really neat to be on the same team as a friend who got one. 
    oh im actually not too sure...  yeah i never got one either.  i would always get a 25 killstreak whenever i didnt have a nuke as one of my killstreaks...  there was one time where i only had a silenced pistol and i was one kill away.  i wanted to knife someone so i just ran without checking my right and someone on the other team killed me.  that was the last day i played MW2
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@AjayRaz said:

@AjayRaz said:

Nukes are not coming back.  Infinity Ward has confirmed that fact.  And overkill and blast shield are in the same perk slot as assassin, which others here seem to think will be the most overused perk in that perk category.  That's a good example of why I don't think that Assassin in MW3 will be used anywhere near as much as Ghost was in Black Ops
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By beargirl1
    @SpaceInsomniac: gotcha. thanks a bunch! 
    Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Arker101
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    @Arker101 said:
    I think it pretty much has to be damage taken.  Anything else wouldn't make sense.  And sitrep didn't cancel out dead silence in MW2, did it?  I'm pretty sure it made it so you could hear dead silence players, but only barely.  Anyhow, an updated video has been posted.  Explains the situation, but doesn't include the perk list.  The original post has been updated with the new video.
    You'r right, it only barely canceled out Ninja Pro, they had to be at least <8 Ft away from you to even start to hear the sounds, but I was just wondering if they'll change it for the next iteration. For Balance reasons. I was thinking along the lines of when they deal damage with silencers, as a kind of counter to the guys running a full stealth build, because that's really the only way dealt damage would work. Oh, and I didn't realize it was Woody's Gamertag, he's a pretty cool commentator.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Arker101 said:
    I didn't realize it was Woody's Gamertag, he's a pretty cool commentator.
    Yeah, because he was the one who posted this list, that's why I think it's probably going to turn out to be correct.  He's a bit too large in the community to be posting nonsense from untrustworthy sources.
    Avatar image for callofspartansofwar1337
    CallofSpartansofWar1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i so excited for dis game! i hope its fun. i kno lots of pple want it to fail but it hink itll be pretty gud. cool to see the list thanx u!! :)

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Arker101
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    @Arker101 said:
    I didn't realize it was Woody's Gamertag, he's a pretty cool commentator.
    Yeah, because he was the one who posted this list, that's why I think it's probably going to turn out to be correct.  He's a bit too large in the community to be posting nonsense from untrustworthy sources.
    Yeah, it probably is true, and he's been talking about the guns being better to compensate for no Stopping Power. He's also been talking about IW fixing Panic Knifing, which he heard from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who talked to Robert Bowling about fixing it. He said it's speculative, but I wouldn't doubt that they are doing it.  

Lots of good information.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I hope not because these are all exactly the same or near useless.

Yamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Yamoto

Could i care less?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Yamoto said:

Could i care less?

Well, I don't know about that.  You did care enough to make this post. 

@Irvandus said:
    I hope not because these are all exactly the same or near useless.
    Explain.  More to the point, what perks do you wish they added to the game?
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Found another copy of the original video, for anyone who still wants to see it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.