Do you like the "MW3" logo?

#1 Posted by sungahymn (986 posts) -

I personally thought it was silly until that trailer showing the WW3 flip thing. Then it made a bit more sense.

#2 Posted by JamesKond (232 posts) -

The WW3 thing just made it so much more silly, god, are people so stupid?

#3 Posted by Buie04 (35 posts) -
@JamesKond: How is that "silly"? What did you want them to do?  

I think it's the sickest logo yet. I love it.
#4 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

I have little to no feelings either way as it's only a logo.

#5 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

It's just a logo guys. Is it really all that different from past Modern Warfare's? And hey, if you can flip around a letter in your logo to spell WW3, then you go ahead and do that. Modern Warfare has certainly earned the right; it's not like this war just came out of nowhere.

#6 Posted by Buie04 (35 posts) -

I agree wholeheartedly with that^. Nice assessment sir. lol

#7 Posted by Hailinel (23881 posts) -
@SlashseveN303 said:
It's just a logo guys. Is it really all that different from past Modern Warfare's? And hey, if you can flip around a letter in your logo to spell WW3, then you go ahead and do that. Modern Warfare has certainly earned the right; it's not like this war just came out of nowhere.
I think some would argue differently about that, given the silliness with which MW2's story is predicated on.
#8 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

still think it dumb. Its just logo so whatever.

#9 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

At first I didn't like it but when I saw the trailer on tv last I was sold, yeah it's a bit silly but who cares MW2 was already over the top and this just adds to it.

#10 Posted by MiniPato (2720 posts) -

It's much better than Modern Warfare 2's logo I thought the font on "2" was completely out of place with the rest of the text. So MW3's is a much better logo as there's consistency throughout. And it'd go great on a can of lime soda if Activision wanted to go the Bungie/Halo 3 route of promotion.

#11 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2211 posts) -

I'm not fussed on it nor am I fussed about the whole '3' replacing 'E' that's been going on throughout this ad campaign. F.3.A.R. may have gotten away with it but MW3 won't. 

#12 Edited by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -
@JamesKond said:

The initial Gears of War 3 had something similar;

Brothers to the End
The End

#13 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

It needs a new ENGINE not a new LOGO.

#14 Posted by KarlPilkington (2684 posts) -
@Rockanomics said:
I have little to no feelings either way as it's only a logo.
#15 Posted by MiniPato (2720 posts) -
@JamesKond said:
I suppose you think the arrow on the Fedex logo is stupid too? It's a logo, there's nothing offensively stupid with MW3's logo. There have been much shittier, sillier logos out there in the world, what's so bad about this one?
#16 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
@SlashseveN303 said:
I think some would argue differently about that, given the silliness with which MW2's story is predicated on.
Actually I think it's because of how serious they take that silliness that they're able to get away with WW3, which in itself is pretty damn outrageous concept. It's just that next logical leap after all the crazy of Modern Warfare 2. What that says about the franchise and the direction of MW3, I don't really know.
#17 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

Why you people hate silly things so much?

#18 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Yeah it looks pretty cool.

#19 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

eh, it's a logo

#20 Posted by Solemn (278 posts) -

Average. Not bad, but not great either.

#21 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

meh?

#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I think it's a decent logo, I thought the 'WW3' reveal was a little amusing though.

#23 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I hate, hate, hate the logo. I'm sorry, I really only hate it because I always accidentally do that when writing, merging the ends of one letter to the start of another, please kill me.

#24 Posted by rmanthorp (3873 posts) -

WW3 MAN! ITS REAL AND ITS IN THEM VIDEOGAMES!!!

#25 Posted by applet0n (652 posts) -

Logos are logos. This one seems appropriate. Henceforth, I find very little to care about.

#26 Edited by Jerome85 (258 posts) -

Lol people will nitpick anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.