Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Here's GameSpot playing 40 minutes of MW3 multiplayer.

• 78 results
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By JoeyRavn

@JBird said:

I cant believe the hate on this game. The amount of dislikes on the call of duty videos. If the game sucks, it sucks. If its awesome, it'll be awesome. If they had made loads of changes the nerd rage would just be altered to "OMG THEY ARE COPYING BATTLEFIELD", but because they are adding to an already very popular game its "OMG NO CHANGES IT LOOKS LIKE THE OLD CALL OF DUTY" I feel so sorry for the guys making it! They can do no right. I think this is all playing into treyarch's hands so amazingly though. They get 2 years to make the next call of duty game, and will be able to take on board all the information that arises from both MW3 and Battlefield 3. They will have to fight the uphill struggle of nerd rage but they are well poised to do a good job.

The amount of pure hate a game that "obviously doesn't interest anybody because it's the same rehash every year" causes is baffling.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By deanoxd

@Jerome85 said:

The haters only wish there favorite game did COD numbers. haha men/women lie numbers don't.

well if you look at it by the numbers, as of march 2011 blops sold 13.7m copies across all platforms, if you just take the number of PS3's and 360's that have been sold which i found to be 109m combined there sales numbers are not all that great even if you add the CoD 4 and MW2 numbers over total game sales to total number of users isn't that good. just saying

but more to the point that video does nothing to help their cause with gamers who are tired of the same old CoD, yes the 12 year old's of the world and other 420 retards will buy the game for sure but i think a lot of more serious gamers are going to pass because MW3 is looking like nothing more then generic war shooter.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Meowshi
    @DeanoXD said:

@Jerome85 said:

The haters only wish there favorite game did COD numbers. haha men/women lie numbers don't.

well if you look at it by the numbers, as of march 2011 blops sold 13.7m copies across all platforms, if you just take the number of PS3's and 360's that have been sold which i found to be 109m combined there sales numbers are not all that great 

I stopped reading here.  This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read. 
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JoeyRavn

@DeanoXD said:

@Jerome85 said:

well if you look at it by the numbers, as of march 2011 blops sold 13.7m copies across all platforms, if you just take the number of PS3's and 360's that have been sold which i found to be 109m combined there sales numbers are not all that great even if you add the CoD 4 and MW2 numbers over total game sales to total number of users isn't that good. just saying

More like 23m for the game, 18m for the map packs. It's the best-selling game on 360 ever (12m), with 4m copies more than Halo 3 and double the amount of copies of the best-selling game on PS3 (GT5, 6m copies). But yeah, that's totally unimpressive.

Hate on.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deanoxd

@Meowshi said:

@DeanoXD said:

@Jerome85 said:

well if you look at it by the numbers, as of march 2011 blops sold 13.7m copies across all platforms, if you just take the number of PS3's and 360's that have been sold which i found to be 109m combined there sales numbers are not all that great

I stopped reading here. This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read.

ok

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By laserbolts

Sweet I loved the Scar in mw2 so that will definitely be my gun of choice.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deanoxd

@JoeyRavn said:

@DeanoXD said:

@Jerome85 said:

More like 23m for the game, 18m for the map packs. It's the best-selling game on 360 ever (12m), with 4m copies more than Halo 3 and double the amount of copies of the best-selling game on PS3 (GT5, 6m copies). But yeah, that's totally unimpressive.

Hate on.

sorry the point was lost on you i never said anything about hate or being unimpressive i just pointed out in the grand scheme of things that total sales are not the beginning and end to what make a game good, because by that account all critically a claimed games would sell millions because they are so good but they don't.

to use a example from another form of media that games sometimes get compared to, the recent transformer movies did gang busters at the box office but by all accounts of what you read from critics and hear everyone thinks they are shit, so what is it? because it did millions in sales that makes a great movie series?

and before you throw around the word hate any more i have bought and played every CoD game since the beginning (except 3) i bought the last two prestige editions plus map packs and played the yell out of the MP, so i am not a hater i was pointing out and clearly failing in my original post that past sales numbers are not the true measure of a game series.

so think what you want but that game play footage in my opinion does nothing to show that the series is evolving in any way, hell most of it looked like reused assets and like i said i think more serious gamers may pass of this game because of that. nothing more nothing less.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By laserbolts
    @DeanoXD

@Jerome85 said:

but more to the point that video does nothing to help their cause with gamers who are tired of the same old CoD, yes the 12 year old's of the world and other 420 retards will buy the game for sure but i think a lot of more serious gamers are going to pass because MW3 is looking like nothing more then generic war shooter.

Congrats on winning dumbest post of the year.
    deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deanoxd

@laserbolts said:

@DeanoXD

@Jerome85 said:

Congrats on winning dumbest post of the year.

YAY OR ME!

thank you i would like to thank god, with out him i would have never have able to ridiculed on the internet, to my parents, thanks for sending me school so i could one day write something on a internet forum and be belittled by the truly righteous of the world. to my isp and and the people who made the computer parts that allowed me to come here and do what i needed to do to win this award thank you so much.

you know always forget someone during these things, anyways thanks again.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JoeyRavn

@DeanoXD said:

sorry the point was lost on you i never said anything about hate or being unimpressive i just pointed out in the grand scheme of things that total sales are not the beginning and end to what make a game good, because by that account all critically a claimed games would sell millions because they are so good but they don't.

If "the point was lost on me" it's because you write like shit. What about using some punctuation to make everything at least legible? But that's besides the point. You use sales figures that are completely outdated and claim they are not "all that great". BLOPS is one of the best-selling games of all time, whether you like it or not. Few games have reached those numbers: how is that "not all that great"? I wonder what you consider to be "great sales" then.

@DeanoXD said:

to use a example from another form of media that games sometimes get compared to, the recent transformer movies did gang busters at the box office but by all accounts of what you read from critics and hear everyone thinks they are shit, so what is it? because it did millions in sales that makes a great movie series?

What a stupid analogy. The latest Transformer movie has a Metacritic score of 42, while BLOPS has a Metacritic score of 87. No professional reviewer gave it a score under 60, while the vast majority gave it scores over 75. So, it has sales and the critics back it up.

@DeanoXD said:

because it did millions in sales that makes a great movie series?

Lovely straw man. You were the one that introduced sales figures to the argument, I merely contested them with factual data. I never said anything about selling more = being good.

As for the hating part... Well, who did you say buy CoD games? "12 year-olds and 420 retards"? Yeah. That's totally not hating.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deanoxd

@JoeyRavn said:

@DeanoXD said:

If "the point was lost on me" it's because you write like shit. What about using some punctuation to make everything at least legible? But that's besides the point. You use sales figures that are completely outdated and claim they are not "all that great". BLOPS is one of the best-selling games of all time, whether you like it or not. Few games have reached those numbers: how is that "not all that great"? I wonder what you consider to be "great sales" then.

@DeanoXD said:

What a stupid analogy. The latest Transformer movie has a Metacritic score of 42, while BLOPS has a Metacritic score of 87. No professional reviewer gave it a score under 60, while the vast majority gave it scores over 75. So, it has sales and the critics back it up.

@DeanoXD said:

because it did millions in sales that makes a great movie series?

Lovely straw man. You were the one that introduced sales figures to the argument, I merely contested them with factual data. I never said anything about selling more = being good.

As for the hating part... Well, who did you say buy CoD games? "12 year-olds and 420 retards"? Yeah. That's totally not hating.

HAHAHA

well you got me there i don't know how i will continue to live through the rest of my days. i have been truly humble by you.

well according to meta-critic this game has a 98% score does that means it sold or will sell 20m copies? no of course it doesn't http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/anomaly-warzone-earth

Child of Eden has a 84% rating but sold, what 40,000 copies hardly a compelling argument.

the original statement was haters will hate and wished their favorite game sold as well as CoD did and numbers don't lie, what i failed to do was not respond at 6am before coffee and tried to make the point that sales figures are not the only metric to go by when judging a game or proving its worth And i used the poor example i have said that twice now.

so i ask you just because the previous games sold millions does that automatically make MW3 good game? no it will be a good if it is a good game plain and simple. but that trailer to me at least says generic cookie cutter reused assets polished up version of MW2.

As far as the hating well i used in what my experience has been playing CoD online to be as a example, the 12 year olds and 420 retards i never said i hate them, the game or the series, i have supported CoD at every step. but you have implied and flat out attacked me when i have done no such thing to you or anyone else because you think and wish proclaim that you are better then me is some way, because i don't write well enough for you, i made a stupid statement, all of which i could truly give a flying fuck about, or you for that matter. if you wish to continue to attack me or point out the error of my ways by quoting everything back to me please do so, but just so you know i don't care, if you wish to have a discussion then i am on board.

Thanks again.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mano521

I dont know how nobody understands what  DeanoXD is saying. You all got caught up on one poorly worded comment? grow up people. He is absolutely correct. Sales are merely correlated to game quality, but they are not at all the same. Saying "well my game sells better than others so its good" is simply a moronic thing to suggest. Christianity has the most believers but does that make it true? Absolutely not. 

I loved cod all up until mw2, which i also bought and played. They greatly improved the graphics in mw2, at the cost of game balance. black ops at least had tried to make the game more balanced and fun by taking out stopping power and juggernaut. But it still just didnt improve enough to make the game feel like it felt back in cod4. 
    But now here is MW3, with no graphical upgrades, and from what i have seen, gives even more chances for players to find a perfect combination of perks and killstreaks that will completely ruin the game. 
    So yes, that gives people merit to hate on the game. They havent bothered trying to update the engine, they've recycled sounds and textures from mw2, and it seems that their multiplayer can be easily broken by someone finding a good combination of perks and ridiculous pointstreaks. Now i cant say for certain that this is true, but i can judge what i have seen. This doesnt seem like the direction that call of duty needs to go to be great shooter.   Simple as that

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JoeyRavn

@DeanoXD: Wow. You are extremely obnoxious and you don't know how to fucking hold an argument. You brought up BLOPS's sales and then you keep equating sales with (non-)quality, when I never even mentioned how good the game is. But whatever, you are right. You win the internet with whatever the fuck you were trying to say.

@mano521: It was DeanoXD who kept bringing up the sales and quality argument. But that doesn't matter. You can't justify hating on a game because you don't find it appealing for whatever reason. Don't like it, don't play it. It's funny how much effort people who claim to don't care at all about the game make to prove it's so bad and shitty.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mano521
    @JoeyRavn: wrong actually. i can hate on a game for what it did / does for the series of games i used to like. people hated on ME2 for dumbing down the rpg elements too much. they liked the way the first one was. I personally dont agree, but its their right to hate on it because that game ruined the series for them. Just as Mw2 and apparently 3 ruined cod for me.  

also 

@JoeyRavn
    said:

@DeanoXD said:

@Jerome85 said:

Hate on.

clearly he was responding to somebody who had first said that people only hate because cod sold more than their favorite game. he didnt word it correctly, but i got what he was saying. and then you jumped in.    soooo yea
    deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deanoxd

@mano521: well at least some one understands what i saying, thank you :)

@JoeyRavn: your right i am not holding up a argument, because i am not trying to argue with you. i was trying to have a conversation. and i will say it again I DON'T HATE the CoD series, i just don't like what i am seeing of MW3.

anyways here's hoping i am wrong and the MW3 prestige edition is worth buying. but i am more excited for Gears 3 and thats coming soon.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Ghostiet said:

That Kill Confirmed mode actually looks like a nice idea.

Maybe. But something tells me teams won't pick up the tags and instead will just rack up kills for themselves. 

@valrog said:

For a second there I thought that this was about the 40 minutes of Campaign and I wondered why would they show more than half of the game?

Hahahahaha, that was funny. :D 

@OldManLight said:

@awesomeusername: thanks for the link duder. i can't wait to play this.

No problem duder-er. 
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By awesomeusername
    @DeanoXD@mano521@JoeyRavn: Just quit the arguments man!! We know it doesn't seem much different but get the arguing out of here. I made this thread for people who wanted to see the video and read the changes. Not turn into a sales war. Please don't keep commenting if you don't like the game. If you do, applaud it or whatever.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mano521
    @awesomeusername: oh i was under the impression that this was an open forum where we could voice complaints as well as praise and discuss things freely. 
    i guess ill leave then 
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By DarkShaper

Yep, they called that duty.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By awesomeusername
    @mano521: What's the point of complaining? Everyone knows it looks the same as the previous games and I made this so people can talk about the changes. Not argue about sales and if the games are good or not. From what I've seen, that's what you guys are arguing about. I much rather have this thread with the 4-5 comments complimenting the game instead of the 50 comments saying it looks more of the same. 
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mano521
    @awesomeusername: fair enough. i will say this about mw3. i was completely against ever buying this game after seeing the first gameplay of it, but they managed to add some new modes that could be interesting. and im glad they tweaked the noises of the guns so that they sound somewhat powerful instead of just a noise like smacking a tin can with a rock. im pissed at the return of quickscoping though. its a damn shame they thought that was a good idea to bring back
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By awesomeusername
    @mano521: Yeah, I don't intend to buy this either but my friend is buying it so I'll try it out. If it's different and fun enough, I'll think about getting it. the new mde they showed off is interesting and the game does sound better but the grande noise still bugs me. On the other hand, quickscoping.... They're a bunch of idiots.
    Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Evilmetal
    captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By captain_max707

I think it would go a looooooooooong way if they changed some of the assests, like the icons and whatnot. 

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#75  Edited By Liquidus

Weird. They added nothing new to it yet it seems to be even more of a clusterfuck than MW2. This has to be the turning point sales wise for the series, no way people are dumb enough to buy this crap again......are they?

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By Gerhabio

Soooo, now playing is like Gamespot's version of a Quicklook?

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Meowshi
    @mano521 said:
    I dont know how nobody understands what  DeanoXD is saying. You all got caught up on one poorly worded comment? grow up people. He is absolutely correct. Sales are merely correlated to game quality, but they are not at all the same. Saying "well my game sells better than others so its good" is simply a moronic thing to suggest. Christianity has the most believers but does that make it true? Absolutely not.  
    He said that Call of Duty sales were not all that good.  There is no way to take a statement like that seriously.  Yeah, I got his point about sales not determining quality, but that's not what I was responding to.   

Because, it's you know, obvious.   

Also, what's with the random dig at Christianity?  
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mano521

@Meowshi: i know it should be obvious. but apparently to some people its not  (lookin at you Jerome85)   those were the people i was responding to. they got caught up on his decent albeit poorly worded comment to go further with the discussion.  
    also it wasnt a dig, it was an example to prove a point

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.