Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

I cancelled my PC Pre-Order today and got a refund from Steam. :(

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ericdrum

I'll admit, I'm knee deep in BF3, but I have always loved CoD as it's a lot different than BF. So I have had a pre-order for the game since day one it was available on Steam. I was excited about the dedicated servers and intrigued to see how IW et al handled MP balance. And hey, I have a great time with the SP. But recent developments with the lack of ranked dedis and Elite getting the lamest excuse ever for not being delivered on time has just kind of soured me on this game. Also, if PC gamers play this, they will have to pay more money for DLC than they should have to since Hardened is not available. I will surely play it at some point, but I don't want to be a launch number this time around. I want to see how the PC version shakes out. I really wanted to believe that they were putting some focus on PC, but I'm just not sure, so I will be forced to wait and see what happens. I hope the PC duders post lots of info about the PC version as it will help me decide how quickly I pick this up. I would really love to hear that IWnet is hacker free(well as much as possible) and a good playing experience.

raikoh05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By raikoh05
    ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ericdrum

@raikoh05: ... but only for unranked games. There will be no character persistence on those 'dedicated servers'. That will be cool for some, but for me makes them pretty useless.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thornie_delete

MW is a console series. Just because they make it for PC doesn't mean anything IMO. Black Ops looked and performed like a pile of turd on my rig. I'll pick up MW on 360 just like all of the other versions in the past.

raikoh05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raikoh05

how do you know there wont be persistance? or that a mod wont be released that takes you straight to max level and unlocks everything?

seriously, I dont think you realize how important public server files are.

raikoh05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raikoh05

@thornie: mw2 ran alot better than black ops, it really shouldn't be an issue.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thornie_delete

@raikoh05: I'll wait and see. I'm too knee deep in BF3 for me to really be interested, but if it's on par with PC FPSs in terms of options/graphics/performance then I'll get it for PC which is my platform of choice.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ericdrum

@raikoh05: Dude, you misunderstand me. The dedicated server that they are releasing will give you full access to do anything you want. You have a very large amount of options on those servers. You can max prestige every player that joins if you want or limit everybody to one gun or whatever. It's a great feature. It's just that the only way to normally progress like the console versions, prestige legitimately and earn rank like the rest of the world will be to play P2P on IWnet. None of the dedicated servers will allow to rank up normally.

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By CosmicQueso

@ericdrum said:

@raikoh05: Dude, you misunderstand me. The dedicated server that they are releasing will give you full access to do anything you want. You have a very large amount of options on those servers. You can max prestige every player that joins if you want or limit everybody to one gun or whatever. It's a great feature. It's just that the only way to normally progress like the console versions, prestige legitimately and earn rank like the rest of the world will be to play P2P on IWnet. None of the dedicated servers will allow to rank up normally.

See, you think that's a bad thing. I think that's a GREAT thing. I'll be playing it on PC (never had a problem with CoD on PC, aside from some COD4/MW2 cheaters but whatever. Comes with the territory I guess. The whole dedicated server thing is fine, for those that what crazy rule sets and everything. Personally, a set of constant rules and a level playing field is the only way to have persistence mean anything.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ericdrum

@CosmicQueso: I'm actually distinguishing between good for some and good for all. I like that you can do what you want. I get why you like it. But I'd like the option to have the standard rules apply to dedicated servers, not just P2P. I don't think that I'm not asking for the moon here.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT

@ericdrum said:

Wait, so you mean I wouldn't have a trudge through using weapons I don't like? I could just play the game with the equipment I want and start having fun right away? That's great news.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ericdrum

@TheHT: Yes. If that's how you want to play, the dedicated servers work perfectly for you. I applaud that the option is available. I just want something else too.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@thornie said:

MW is a console series. Just because they make it for PC doesn't mean anything IMO. Black Ops looked and performed like a pile of turd on my rig. I'll pick up MW on 360 just like all of the other versions in the past.

Battlefield is a PC series, just because they make it for consoles doesn't mean anything IMO. Battlefield 3 looks and performs like a pile of turd consoles playing it with only 12v12 completely ruins the experience.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thornie_delete

@xaLieNxGrEyx: I agree? I don't know what you are trying to say. I assume it's an attempt to mock me, but I agree with you so I'll just nod my head and move on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.