Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

If you haven't yet, you might want to prestige in older COD games

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Some new info on how the MW3 Prestige Shop is going to work:

And now some notes on how this is all going to work, paraphrased from officially released information and Robert Bowling's twitter account:

If you have prestiged in COD4, World at War, MW2, or Black Ops, you will start MW3 with a prestige token from each game.

This means that there is a maximum of FOUR extra tokens to earn from previous COD titles.

This is in addition to the prestige shop tokens you will earn each time you prestige in MW3.

Prestige tokens can be used at ANY time, even before you've prestiged. This means if you have prestige tokens from other COD titles, you can use them without ever having to prestige in MW3.

The tokens can be used to unlock any of the following rewards:

Extra Custom Class - As always, gives you another create a class slot, presumably up to five extra class slots. This will likely be more useful than ever in MW3, as even killstreak setups are now going to be a part of each create a class.

Double XP - Lasts for two in-game hours. Once selected, it becomes grayed out, and you can't select it again until it expires. This means no stacking, however it will stack if Infinity Ward decides to run their own double XP event, allowing for four times XP.

Double Weapon XP - Less is known about this, although it can probably be assumed that it will follow most of the same rules as standard Double XP.

Unlock Gear - Allows you to select any primary weapon, secondary weapon, perk, or equipment to keep with you. Please note:

- You will not only get to keep this item for your next prestige, but for ALL of your prestiges after that.

- This only allows you to keep the stock version of the item or ability. Weapon XP is lost, and attachments, weapon camos, and pro versions of perks must be earned again.

Regular Package - Either automatically gives you special titles and emblems, or it enables the ability to earn them.

Hardened Package - Either automatically gives you special titles and emblems, or it enables the ability to earn them. Must already have purchased the Regular Package.

Veteran Package - Either automatically gives you special titles and emblems, or it enables the ability to earn them. Must already have purchased the Hardened Package

Reset All Stats - Allows you to completely reset all stats, forcing you all the way back to Level 1, zero prestige. This can only be done with your last prestige token, and after completing the final prestige.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Dude. Thanks so much for the heads up!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I understand the appeal of prestiging and starting all over again to attain a higher goal, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to use their very last prestige token to restart everything over. That's just nuts. 

Also, how do they know if I prestiged in a previous CoD game if I decide to play MW3 on a different console?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I like their spinning logo.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I'm going to have over 20 tokens I think.....

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@FluxWaveZ said:

I understand the appeal of prestiging and starting all over again to attain a higher goal, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to use their very last prestige token to restart everything over. That's just nuts.

The developers think it's a bit nuts as well. It's only in the game because there was a fair amount of hardcore players who asked for it to be included. I hope it at least unlocks some sort of appropriate and rarely seen title, such as "You did what?" or "Again!".

@FluxWaveZ said:

Also, how do they know if I prestiged in a previous CoD game if I decide to play MW3 on a different console?

My guess is that they don't.

@PeasantAbuse said:

I believe it's one prestige token per game, which of course would be a maximum of four tokens.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@SpaceInsomniac: Oh oops, I thought it meant one token per prestige haha.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Vonocourt

Yeah, I'm never going to do that. Cool it's there though.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kandycane2029

I was thinking about playing during the double XP weekend, only to realize I traded in my copy a week or so ago to preorder other games.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By hexogen

World at War is the only game I haven't prestiged in, but I don't know if I want to put in the time. IIRC I'm still a good 15-20 levels from 65. If not, 3 out of 4 tokens is good enough.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By R_Coles

Nice bonus.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By herocide

That's cool, I guess. I got MW3 on Steam just because of the free copy of CoD4, but I wonder how that's gonna work for PC players since there isn't really anything that sticks like a Gamertag or PSN.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deanoxd

So basically the hardcore players will be even more advanced on day one and people who like to play CoD online but are not multi-prestige players and new players will be raped even harder this time around, this is a great idea.

i guess i will get one token for sure.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Monopolized

I am currently 10th in cod 4 6th in WAW 6th in MW2 and 10th in Black ops I hope it's one token per level.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tunaburn

i dont have speakers here so i cant hear this dang video. but im guessing its a token for prestiging in modern warfare, world at war, modern warfare 2, and black ops? do i only have to of prestiged one time? because i did prestige in all of those games. and what are these tokens for?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Bollard

@PeasantAbuse said:

It sounds like you only get one from each of the old games, even if you prestiged more than once, which would make 4 the max.

EDIT: Oops didn't see someone had already said this. Mah bad.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By beargirl1

i'm fine with having two tokens on 360. i haven't prestiged on COD4 or WAW because i didn't see any need to. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo

I played CoD 1 and 2.  What do I get?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SpaceInsomniac said: 

@FluxWaveZ said:

That makes me unhappy.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By jacdg

@FluxWaveZ said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

That makes me unhappy.

me too, since I played COD4 and MW2 on Xbox, and while I have played a bunch of MW2 and Black Ops on my PS3 (which is now my main console) I only have about 5 prestiges, even though I think I have 12 in total. But the idea is really fucking cool, love some of the new things in this game, hopefully it'll have post launch support..

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thehexeditor

How about I fucking do this, Mr. Bowling:

Get to rank 80. Don't prestige. Keep ALL of my pro perks, weapons, attachments, proficiencies, and murder fools online.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By SlightConfuse

@thehexeditor said:

How about I fucking do this, Mr. Bowling:

Get to rank 80. Don't prestige. Keep ALL of my pro perks, weapons, attachments, proficiencies, and murder fools online.

this is why i have never prestiged in a call of duty game. Tried in BLOPs but once but i stayed at max level the second time

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ABritishNerd
    @Kandycane2029

I was thinking about playing during the double XP weekend, only to realize I traded in my copy a week or so ago to preorder other games.

How did you forget that :P oh well, I'm sure those games will be fun.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DonPixel

I haven't pass beyond level 30something in any CoD game, kinda feel proud of that. I'll stay that way thanks!

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Yanngc33

Never

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By McShank

If i spent as much time in black ops as i did in Bfbc2 i would have prestiged about 15 times.. And i have yet to even cap out in Bfbc2.. So i doubt I will do this or even try even though black ops is only like 4 levels away from hitting it. :(

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Some notes on how this is all going to work, paraphrased from officially released information and Robert Bowling's twitter account:

If you have prestiged in COD4, World at War, MW2, or Black Ops, you will start MW3 with a prestige token from each game.

This means that there is a maximum of FOUR extra tokens to earn from previous COD titles.

This is in addition to the prestige shop tokens you will earn each time you prestige in MW3.

Prestige tokens can be used at ANY time, even before you've prestiged. This means if you have prestige tokens from other COD titles, you can use them without ever having to prestige in MW3.

The tokens can be used to unlock any of the following rewards:

Extra Custom Class - As always, gives you another create a class slot, presumably up to five extra class slots. This will likely be more useful than ever in MW3, as even killstreak setups are now going to be a part of each create a class.

Double XP - Lasts for two in-game hours. Once selected, it becomes grayed out, and you can't select it again until it expires. This means no stacking, however it will stack if Infinity Ward decides to run their own double XP event, allowing for four times XP.

Double Weapon XP - Less is known about this, although it can probably be assumed that it will follow most of the same rules as standard Double XP.

Unlock Gear - Allows you to select any primary weapon, secondary weapon, perk, or equipment to keep with you. Please note:

- You will not only get to keep this item for your next prestige, but for ALL of your prestiges after that.

- This only allows you to keep the stock version of the item or ability. Weapon XP is lost, and attachments, weapon camos, and pro versions of perks must be earned again.

Regular Package - Either automatically gives you special titles and emblems, or it enables the ability to earn them.

Hardened Package - Either automatically gives you special titles and emblems, or it enables the ability to earn them. Must already have purchased the Regular Package.

Veteran Package - Either automatically gives you special titles and emblems, or it enables the ability to earn them. Must already have purchased the Hardened Package

Reset All Stats - Allows you to completely reset all stats, forcing you all the way back to Level 1, zero prestige. This can only be done with your last prestige token, and after completing the final prestige.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ben99

I have a love hate relationship with my PSN IDs and tend to change them from time to time. Latest one was Optic_Asd and people calling me a wanna be. I didn't know what Optic was then. I went the fuck with it and kept that ID. Now I have 8th prestige on Blops Booyah.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Ben99 said:

I have a love hate relationship with my PSN IDs and tend to change them from time to time. Latest one was Optic_Asd and people calling me a wanna be. I didn't know what Optic was then.

Ouch. Yeah, I can see easily see people giving you crap over that. One more reason I'm happy to keep my voice chat set to "friends only."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.