MW3 Dated?

#1 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -

I don't really follow COD at all, but I received an e-mail from Amazon about an hour ago detailing the release date for Modern Warfare 3.

They put it at November 8th, 2011.

I've heard the various speculative tid-bits from around the site, but nothing to suggest it's been dated, so this is news as far as I know.
#2 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

That seems about right

#3 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

November 8th sounds like a realistic date.

#4 Posted by MisterChief (829 posts) -

It's the same day as the two previous games at least. MW2 was the 10th and a Tuesday, blops was the 9th on the same Tuesday and this year the Tuesday falls on the 8th.

#5 Posted by TURbo (29 posts) -

2nd Tuesday of November sounds right.

#6 Posted by Korolev (1646 posts) -

That's sounds plausible. Early November is almost certainly the date.

#7 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

it sounds good. it was 9th for black ops.

#8 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

The date seems right, but I'm really curious as to what exactly it will be.  Can they really go more over-the-top than mw2 and blops?  Will it be any good with 3 studios working on it, including a stripped down IW?  It's just a weird game.  It'll probably still break blops' sales record though, so whatever. 

#9 Posted by Solemn (278 posts) -

#10 Posted by Zoolander (34 posts) -

They should have made it 11/11/11 just for fun.

#11 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1471 posts) -

Word-play intended?
#12 Posted by Winger (151 posts) -

Yeah, not sure how overused the joke is nowadays for almost every game, but yeah MW3 sure does look dated! 

Really odd, I wonder if they can't handle the engine or are just lazy with the lack of detail now that the real talent is gone. 

Can't wait to play it, but it kind of looks worse than CoD4, and this is singleplayer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.