Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Only urban maps?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShockD

Has anyone else noticed that they show only urban maps in the trailers? This bothers me, because I hate those and it will be a total bummer if they put only urban maps in the campaign and the multiplayer. Not that I care about the multiplayer, perhaps they'll add one or two cool maps as DLCs. But hell, a campaign composed only of missions set in major cities sounds boring as f*ck. Now I know most of you don't care; you probably play it for the challenge or multiplayer only, but I'm still one of those gamers who appreciate games made with attention to the detail and don't appreciate the ones that are just made as to fill a certain amount of necessary contents.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Jackel2072

i caught the tail end of the live stream for expo and they showed another MP trailer and it took place in a jungle.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Looking at past Call of Duty games, maps tend to take place in all kinds of different environments.  I don't think there is any reason to worry about this. 

And if the leaked map list is true, "Alps" and "Underground" don't sound very urban.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

CoD maps have always had variety.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

Well, (And this is pure conjecture.) there will be "desert city" "Winter Military Base" "Factory" "winter city" "Desert Military base" "Downtown" "Office Building" and maybe "Airfield" or "supermarket" for good measure.

Thats variety, right?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty

I don't remember the graphics being so bad, I swear MW2 looked better than that.

Maybe BF3 has just spoiled me but that game just looks so awful now, both in terms of graphics and gameplay.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

@Ygg said:

I don't remember the graphics being so bad, I swear MW2 looked better than that.

Looks about the same to me.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty
    @Mikemcn: I don't remember too many of the maps but I'm sure a few maps on MW2 didn't look so sparse, that Terminal map was pretty well designed for example, the one in that video just looks like a lot of grey walls and floors

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.