Remember vote with your dollar.

  • 113 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -

Don't support this guys, come on.  
 
If you buy this game you are telling activision you enjoy buying small iterations to the same game every year. You enjoy paying $15 every few months for a few maps. You support the idea of a $100 a year for a game you still need to buy every year.

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7550 posts) -

I'm not going to buy that game but that is just because I don't really like what Activision is doing with the franchise. If you like the series though I'm not going to convince you not to buy it. 

#3 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -

It doesn't matter what a few people do. Millions will buy this game regardless. Even if every member of the GB community boycotted this game its not going to make a significant enough dent in publishers wallet for them to notice.

#4 Posted by buzz_clik (6921 posts) -

You're shouting at a tornado.

Moderator
#5 Edited by KarlPilkington (2685 posts) -

Well if you haven't seen the video of it yet before it gets taken down: 
 
Here it is. 
 
Edit: He took it down now.

#6 Posted by groin (838 posts) -

I will buy the game and it will outsell your favorite franchise/game at least 2 to 1.

#7 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

it'll get a rent from me and thats about it or ill buy it used . 
 
bf3 is where my day one purchase is going a new kickass engine vehicles 6oplayer multiplayer its gonna be good
#8 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

lol this is dumb...I'm not getting it but the point isn't to artificially vote with your dollar...buy the things you want to buy and you'll get products you want.

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Don't worry. I learned my lesson with Black Ops. I will happily rent the game, play for a few hours then move on to the next one. 

#10 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

I'm going to buy the most expensive edition of this game.

#11 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I have no problem buying CoD games and enjoying them for what they are. If you don't like them, you're right, don't buy them. Why would you?

#12 Posted by RE_Player1 (7550 posts) -
@Chabbs0 said:
Well if you haven't seen the video of it yet before it gets taken down: 
 
Here it is.
That video makes me want to vomit. 
#13 Posted by Sauson (560 posts) -

I don't think that the Giantbomb community or any other internet gaming community for that matter will change the fact that it'll sell just as much or more then Black Ops.

#14 Posted by Brendan (7690 posts) -

I refuse to treat CoD like some social or political war among gaming fans.  It's ridiculous.  I will rent it for a run through of the single player like I always do.  

#15 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
I have no problem buying CoD games and enjoying them for what they are. If you don't like them, you're right, don't buy them. Why would you?
For many reasons. I have bought games simply because my friends bought them and I wanted to play with them. I have bought games to support a certain developer. I have bought a game simply to see why a certain franchise is so popular. There is many reasons to buy a game other then the fact you enjoy the game.
#16 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Okay, i'll buy it.

#17 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Screw you. I enjoy the games and I'll buy it if I want to. 
 
You know, I feel like WoW is a big waste of cash for all those who play it but I'm not trying to constantly act like a Jehova's witness or something and preach about the dangers of continuing a WoW subscription like so many are trying to do with MW3.

#18 Posted by Lukeweizer (2608 posts) -

I'm going to get it because I enjoy them game and want to know what happens to Price and Soap. 
 
Why haven't you made the same thread for Halo? Or Killzone? How are those games any different than CoD when it comes to iterations?

#19 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
@Slaker117 said:
I have no problem buying CoD games and enjoying them for what they are. If you don't like them, you're right, don't buy them. Why would you?
For many reasons. I have bought games simply because my friends bought them and I wanted to play with them. I have bought games to support a certain developer. I have bought a game simply to see why a certain franchise is so popular. There is many reasons to buy a game other then the fact you enjoy the game.
Ok, fair enough. It still not like you accidentally bought a game though. People already vote with their dollars. If they want the game for whatever reason they will buy it. If they don't, they won't. Who are you trying to convince?
#20 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
Don't support this guys, come on.   If you buy this game you are telling activision you enjoy buying small iterations to the same game every year. You enjoy paying $15 every few months for a few maps. You support the idea of a $100 a year for a game you still need to buy every year.
Well i understand your vote with the dollar idea mabye I am willing to pay that sooooo yeah I guess it dosn't really bother me as long as the games continue to be fun
#21 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

You act as if Call of Duty is the only franchise to ever do this.

#22 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -

Because it worked with Tony Hawk! Right guys, right?

#23 Posted by 1337W422102 (1005 posts) -

>giving money to activision 
laughter.jpg

#24 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
@Truant19 said:
@Slaker117 said:
I have no problem buying CoD games and enjoying them for what they are. If you don't like them, you're right, don't buy them. Why would you?
For many reasons. I have bought games simply because my friends bought them and I wanted to play with them. I have bought games to support a certain developer. I have bought a game simply to see why a certain franchise is so popular. There is many reasons to buy a game other then the fact you enjoy the game.
Ok, fair enough. It still not like you accidentally bought a game though. People already vote with their dollars. If they want the game for whatever reason they will buy it. If they don't, they won't. Who are you trying to convince?
Not sure really, you ever get really frustrated with people or the masses, and there is just no way to unleash it? I guess venting on forums is a bad, but effective way of releasing frustration.
#25 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
Don't support this guys, come on.   If you buy this game you are telling activision you enjoy buying small iterations to the same game every year. You enjoy paying $15 every few months for a few maps. You support the idea of a $100 a year for a game you still need to buy every year.
It still blows my mind that $60 once a year is a huge deal- for the people out there that only play these mainstream games, that $60 is going to last them a lot longer than something like LA Noire- and I'm sure that after a full year of the same game a refresh in the maps, weapons and story is nice.
#26 Posted by Punk1984 (549 posts) -
@neozeke said:
Because it worked with Tony Hawk! Right guys, right?
and Madden, and Guitar Hero, and Tomb Raider...and a million other titles. CoD is the biggest fish in the pond because everyone buys it, because everyone plays it. Just like Madden, just like the Wii (circa 2007) things are popular, things sell a lot. Deal.
#27 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@Lukeweizer said:
I'm going to get it because I enjoy them game and want to know what happens to Price and Soap.   Why haven't you made the same thread for Halo? Or Killzone? How are those games any different than CoD when it comes to iterations?
Not quite, dont you think COD stepped over the line here? Many of the  "features" of the sub are things that have been free for years. The stats tracking? World at war had awesome stat and game tracking online. Free DLC maps? PC games have had free map packs for years. Building groups and clans and ladders online? Again, this has and is being done all the time in many PC games. Maybe there is some more overhead bringing some of these features to console, but what activision is attempting to do is dam arrogance.
#28 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
You act as if Call of Duty is the only franchise to ever do this.
Come out with a game every year for 5 years in a row, have $15 DLC map packs with 3 maps? and have a $100 sub? Yes, its the first.
#29 Posted by Punk1984 (549 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
@FancySoapsMan said:
You act as if Call of Duty is the only franchise to ever do this.
Come out with a game every year for 5 years in a row, have $15 DLC map packs with 3 maps? and have a $100 sub? Yes, its the first.
-Cough- Guitar Hero -Cack- World of Warcraft -Loogie- 
#30 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -
@Punk1984: I can't tell if that was supposed to be angry or not......But I was just making a joke brah.
#31 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@Punk1984 said:
@Truant19 said:
@FancySoapsMan said:
You act as if Call of Duty is the only franchise to ever do this.
Come out with a game every year for 5 years in a row, have $15 DLC map packs with 3 maps? and have a $100 sub? Yes, its the first.
-Cough- Guitar Hero -Cack- World of Warcraft -Loogie- 
WoWs expansions are not once a year, and there not full price. Guitar hero does not have a sub or overpriced DLC.
#32 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

If I can rep my Joint Ops or Blunt Trauma callsigns, they can have my money.
 
In all honesty it's pretty ignorant to completely disregard a game because it says Call of Duty or Activision on it.

#33 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@Skogen said:
If I can rep my Joint Ops or Blunt Trauma callsigns, they can have my money.  In all honesty it's pretty ignorant to completely disregard a game because it says Call of Duty or Activision on it.
not what im saying at all. I LOVED MW1 and World at war, I even bought MW2, but I just don't support what there doing to this franchise anymore. Infinity ward didn't support it either.
#34 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I enjoy these games. Don't tell me what to do. Dick.

#35 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -

Anyways, if they were to put out a map a month or a few at a semi-regular rate, I could see this working. I'm not really a fan of CoD, but it would be neat nonetheless. 

#36 Edited by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU said:

I enjoy these games. Don't tell me what to do. Dick.

Just telling you your supporting the activision business model. Dick.
#37 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

What's this about Michael Bay?

#38 Posted by Punk1984 (549 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
@Punk1984 said:
@Truant19 said:
@FancySoapsMan said:
You act as if Call of Duty is the only franchise to ever do this.
Come out with a game every year for 5 years in a row, have $15 DLC map packs with 3 maps? and have a $100 sub? Yes, its the first.
-Cough- Guitar Hero -Cack- World of Warcraft -Loogie- 
WoWs expansions are not once a year, and there not full price. Guitar hero does not have a sub or overpriced DLC.
Guitar Hero's DLC is way overpriced...but that is a matter of your opinion. The one thing you are totally missing here is that all your friends are going to buy CoD, even that douchy guy Ted at your office that talks about the Red Sox incessantly is going to buy CoD. Activision knows this and they are selling you it. Kind of like Madden you have to buy the new one to play with your friends. 
At the end of the day this is a business and Activision is doing a better job than any other publisher out there. You may hate on CoD but whatever game you play sucks in comparison (business-wise).
#39 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -
@Punk1984 said:
@Truant19 said:
@Punk1984 said:
@Truant19 said:
@FancySoapsMan said:
You act as if Call of Duty is the only franchise to ever do this.
Come out with a game every year for 5 years in a row, have $15 DLC map packs with 3 maps? and have a $100 sub? Yes, its the first.
-Cough- Guitar Hero -Cack- World of Warcraft -Loogie- 
WoWs expansions are not once a year, and there not full price. Guitar hero does not have a sub or overpriced DLC.
Guitar Hero's DLC is way overpriced...but that is a matter of your opinion. The one thing you are totally missing here is that all your friends are going to buy CoD, even that douchy guy Ted at your office that talks about the Red Sox incessantly is going to buy CoD. Activision knows this and they are selling you it. Kind of like Madden you have to buy the new one to play with your friends. At the end of the day this is a business and Activision is doing a better job than any other publisher out there. You may hate on CoD but whatever game you play sucks in comparison (business-wise).
so true! Its why I get frustrated and post venting threads on internet forums, lol
#40 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
@PrivateIronTFU said:

I enjoy these games. Don't tell me what to do. Dick.

Just telling you your supporting the activision business model. Dick.
Who the hell wouldn't support the Activision business model? It appears to be working for them. You should be envious of the Activision business model.
#41 Posted by Punk1984 (549 posts) -
@Truant19: It seems prick-ish to hate on someone for succeeding. The CoD games are big sellers well thought of critically and constantly played online. Can't see why you're mad. 
 
It terms of the subscription thing...be pissed at Microsoft for forcing you to pay $60 just for the opportunity to then pay Activision $100 for a subscription fee. You want to talk about rackets Xbox Live is a racket.
#42 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

I will most likely still buy it, sorry.   :'(

#43 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -
@Truant19
 
You are right, people need to show publishers and developers what they want out of video games by only buying games they feel are worth the price tag.
 
I just don't think we have enough information about this particular game to have good judgement on its potential value.  I think it is just as relevant to tell gamers to be reasonable with their expectations and judgements until enough information is known to render such opinions.
#44 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Remember when we did this last year with Black Ops, and everyone bought it anyway? Yeah, that.

#45 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@extremeradical: oh yes i remember buying it the first day because they had so many copies...  the sad thing is that i said i wouldnt buy it and i would rather spend it on a better game.  well i learned my lesson now!...  i hope
#46 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:


You're shouting at a tornado .

#47 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

people enjoy these games, i enjoy black ops.  
 
with skyrim and uncharted 3 and gears 3 i probably won't get this 

#48 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -
@Xdsk said:
It doesn't matter what a few people do. Millions will buy this game regardless. Even if every member of the GB community boycotted this game its not going to make a significant enough dent in publishers wallet for them to notice.
True it will definitely be a big money maker like it is every year, but if for once it doesn't surpass the previous iteration in how much money is made off of it, Activision will take note, and there would be a bigger chance of innovation.
 
I haven't bought a call of duty since MW2 and I don't plan on buying one again until I see some kind of significant innovation in the series. (I am considering renting just to see the modern warfare story through to the end but that is the farthest I will consider going.)
#49 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -

I'll stop buying them when they start to degrade in quality.

#50 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -
@Slaker117
 
its not about enjoying the game its the fact that activision is milking it so hard and running the franchise into the ground.  it'll be another tonyhawk or guitar hero which is sad. 
 
they need to realize that they cant just rely on a product name and keep selling the same game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.