Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Shotguns and Snipers in MW3

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

One of the best and worst things about Black Ops was the fact that shotguns and sniper rifles were at a BIG disadvantage when compared to their MW2 counterparts. It didn't help with variety, but it sure did make it easier to not die from an unavoidable one hit kill. It makes me wonder how shotguns and snipers will be handled in MW3.

The SPAS is back, but will it have the insane range of the MW2 version? Will shotguns as primaries keep people from using them all that much?

Quickscoping is back, but will it be adjusted and depend less on auto aim? I also have a feeling that the bulletproof vests will be a huge help in dealing with snipers, but how common will the vests or snipers really be? It's going to be interesting to find out.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I never ran into a quick scoping problem so I honestly dont care.  There will always be something in these Call of Duty games that little kids will exploit.... 

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MrMazz

Well you could always use Overkill perk but don't see why you would when you could run Hardline or Assassin instead

I never ran into problems with quick scoping most the time I'd just shoot them in the face and laugh maybe 1-50 would get me.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Ben99

@MrMazz said:

Well you could always use Overkill perk but don't see why you would when you could run Hardline or Assassin instead

I never ran into problems with quick scoping most the time I'd just shoot them in the face and laugh maybe 1-50 would get me.

Where do you get this information ? I wanna read on this.

Shotguns on MW2 were awesome. I hope they do the same with mw3 this time around but just make it a class on it's own just like black ops so a rusher would be at a disadvantage from a distance. Hitmarkers were annoying in black ops. It's hard enough to have a one shot against a submachine gun.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MrMazz
    therightway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By therightway

My favorite class in blops was spas silencer. That thing was a beasttt

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

...I miss World at War. That was my favorite multi-player CoD.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

@therightway said:

My favorite class in blops was spas silencer. That thing was a beasttt

It's funny. I remember someone on these forums trying to argue with me that a silenced SPAS didn't have more distance than a SPAS without it. I ended up screenshot testing the buckshot spread for him and made him eat his own words. It was an incredibly odd thing that they never fixed on that game, and I loved doing it so much. People called it cheap, but you seriously had to put yourself into harm's way and kill range in order to secure those kills, meaning you were just a beast if you were racking up kills.

As for MW3, I honestly don't think it's going to matter much. Dumbass kids are just going to use the RatSASS to quick scope all the time and pretend they have some kind of skill. Meanwhile, the guys that will use shotguns are going to gripe that all the perks and weapon proficiencies in the game, as well as point streaks instead of kill streaks, break shotguns from being worthwhile as a primary.

Personally, I'm interested in the PM-9, given that a Kahr PM-9 is a pistol in real life. I'm curious why they decided to play around with that and turn it into an SMG for the game, especially because it was apparently designed to replace uzis. PM-9 pistols are pretty goddamn great. Only 8 rounds in a mag IRL, and for such a tiny gun, it's got a fair amount of recoil in comparison to some others...especially given that it's a goddamn 9mm round getting fucking slung out of it. That velocity shoots those fuckers at the 80 to 100 range, which could make that gun pretty deadly for a little sniping work if necessary.

My guess is that everyone will just complain about P90s again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.