Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Slight Spoilers.....so whats the part that gets cut if ur a wuss?

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SilenceUK

So last time it was the no Russian massacre what is it this time ? is it the video section when london goes boom ? or is it Macerov hanging by his neck ? am not really sure any one know for sure ?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

With all due respect, the No Russian massacre was pretty fucked up.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mmmslash
    SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SilenceUK

@Mmmslash: yeah what i was thinking just seems tame compared to as our first poster pointed out the fucked up nature of no russian

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

So... that's the part that some were freaking out about? Really? Really? That was NOTHING. Man, it's weird to be disappointed by something like this, but I felt more uncomfortable storming Makarov's base and gunning down dozens of his body guards than that video camera scene.

Avatar image for chamberoftravis
    Chamberoftravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Chamberoftravis

@SilenceUK: Its not that it seemed tame to me as much as it seemed very much forced. Without it, the story would continue just fine. I felt that "No Russian" made sense in the game, it told the story. This just seemed like they wanted to seem controversial for the sake of being controversial, and that just bothers me. I don't think anyone got to that point and didn't expect that car to explode.

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SilenceUK

my mate just pointed out that it could hit a little close to home with the 7/7 bombings in london so yeah it could upset some people a fair bit

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DukesT3

Knowing that a little girl gets car bombed is nothing nowadays shows how desensitized we are about most things now. Kind of crazy when you think about it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ThunderSlash
    @LooseChange said:

Knowing that a little girl gets car bombed is nothing nowadays shows how desensitized we are about most things now. Kind of crazy when you think about it.

I'm pretty sure it's because most of us can tell what is fiction and what is nonfiction. There was a thread not long ago about that poor Chinese toddler that got run over by a car twice and it raised quite a shitstorm.
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By recroulette

Killing a kid onscreen is pretty taboo as far as video games are concerned.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agent47

@LooseChange:Eh I was just scratching my head.No Russian seemed far worse.Just gunnign down random innocents.Compared to something you would see in a Fallout 3 mod.

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SilenceUK

i think the idea and story telling effect of the scene is good the whole "if ur sensitive dont watch this" warning smacks a little of "hey look we are still edgy"

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@RecSpec said:

But she's not killed on screen. It's only (heavily) implied that she gets blown up, but absolutely nothing is shown. The Dead Island trailer was way more of a big deal than this.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aus_azn

Last mission of Act I.

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nickb64

@Chamberoftravis said:

@SilenceUK:I don't think anyone got to that point and didn't expect that car to explode.

I agree. I was absolutely certain when I saw the truck stop and the dude jump out and run away. My thought at the time: "yep, that truck is going to explode, that kid is going to die", then "what the fuck is the point of this scene, it has almost no value to the story"

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By koolaid

What I don't get is isn't that an American family? Would you go on vacation in the middle of an invasion of your nation?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

Yeah, it's the family vacation part.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By recroulette

@FluxWaveZ said:

@RecSpec said:

But she's not killed on screen. It's only (heavily) implied that she gets blown up, but absolutely nothing is shown. The Dead Island trailer was way more of a big deal than this.

That's true, I completely forgot about the Dead Island trailer.

@KoolAid said:

What I don't get is isn't that an American family? Would you go on vacation in the middle of an invasion of your nation?

Made me laugh, but a good point.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Branthog

Frankly, I have no idea. There were about eight or nine moments in the game where it seemed like "is this the part where they're so painfully obviously trying to manipulate me into feeling shocked or emotional or have some strong reaction?". It was all so poorly hacked together and so painfully pandering every step of the way, that I couldn't tell. I suspect it is probably the part where you get the "One Way Ticket" achievement, which is pretty lame. It was clearly supposed to be a "oh my god" moment, but they spend two minutes telegraphing the obvious so when it happens, it's so ridiculously stupid that you can't do anything but laugh out loud (I had to pause the game until I stopped laughing so hard). It's not even graphic. It's not shocking. In fact, there's just a big explosion on the screen, so you don't actually even see anything happening at all.

What's left of Infinity Ward is now the new Treyarch. Treyarch completely owns this franchise if we base it on "last performance", which is all you can really judge on.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Branthog
    @KoolAid said:

No, I'd stay in my homeland and get fucking slaughtered.

OF COURSE I'D LEAVE THE COUNTRY! Are you crazy?! :)
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bybeach

They immediatly obscure whats left of her, probably the implication is, not much is. I knew what was coming so hey..but I am not sure about context. I can see why they did it, and it happens all the time does it not in the Middle East, Iraq and Afghanistan? But I am still not sure about context, because while MW purports to have some negative view of war, it is really a full on military shooter, more noted for hyper realism to distortion that way..

What was as interesting to me was holding back and actually taking prisoners.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.