Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

The family size Doritos and mountain dew sold like hot cakes

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maskedarcstrike

As I'm sure most people know, Pepsico has a agreement with Activision Blizzard where their games are marketed exclusively to Pepsico consumer products, Pepsico will also promote Microsoft games from time to time. This is not uncommon as Dr Pepper/Snapple has a very similar arrangement with EA. While I am neutral of the whole issue of cross promotion giving in game incentives for buying products that can help players with certain games, I can't deny that it can certainly help consumer companies if things work out.

As a pepsico employee who works in the field I've never seen so many Doritos family size bags sell so quickly with the Double XP promotion, at least not since the Star Wars Special Edition bags from the late 90's that had those bad ass holographic cards in them. Most Wal-Mart's that had over 60 cases of those Doritos promotional bags cross docked to them sold out within 2 weeks. Each of those Doritos cases holds five bags each.

Now it's also been very helpful to the Mountain Dew brand as 12 packs of those have sold very well also. Not so much the 18 packs or 20 packs because there seems to be a certain cutoff point as to how much people will spend just for double xp. The game fuel flavors have sold like ass though and most of them have been sent back to the plants as far as I know.

While I realize this has nothing to do with the game itself, I thought that some people might find this info interesting.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Slaker117

Marketing still works. Good to know.

EDIT: I actually really like the game fuel flavor. If I had realized they were selling it, I would have bought some.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By 234r2we232

It's not as sickening as the EA promotional branding. At least you won't see logo'd ads for it in MW3.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

Promotions. They do stuff.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By McShank

@maskedarcstrike said:

As I'm sure most people know, Pepsico has a agreement with Activision Blizzard where their games are marketed exclusively to Pepsico consumer products, Pepsico will also promote Microsoft games from time to time. This is not uncommon as Dr Pepper/Snapple has a very similar arrangement with EA. While I am neutral of the whole issue of cross promotion giving in game incentives for buying products that can help players with certain games, I can't deny that it can certainly help consumer companies if things work out.

As a pepsico employee who works in the field I've never seen so many Doritos family size bags sell so quickly with the Double XP promotion, at least not since the Star Wars Special Edition bags from the late 90's that had those bad ass holographic cards in them. Most Wal-Mart's that had over 60 cases of those Doritos promotional bags cross docked to them sold out within 2 weeks. Each of those Doritos cases holds five bags each.

Now it's also been very helpful to the Mountain Dew brand as 12 packs of those have sold very well also. Not so much the 18 packs or 20 packs because there seems to be a certain cutoff point as to how much people will spend just for double xp. The game fuel flavors have sold like ass though and most of them have been sent back to the plants as far as I know.

While I realize this has nothing to do with the game itself, I thought that some people might find this info interesting.

Dr.pepper is a product of pepsi is it not? Either way, when i heard of the dog tags being given for bottle caps, i went to my 7-11 and bought 5 of them.. I love dr.pepper but I have never bought soda before just for a game.. opened all of them that night but still have yet to drink them.. think they went flat but at least I got my Bye Kitty dogtag :D Also i bought MT. Dew when blizzard was doing the Fuel for the WoW rocket pets..

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By wunder_

What the fuck

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@McShank: Dr.Pepper is actually not a Pepsi product. While there are some weird arrangements between the two companies, they are separate. Like for instance Dr.Pepper bottles and owns Sunkist orange soda and Crush orange soda. But Dr.Pepper doesn't want the two soda's displayed next to each other on store shelves so they outsource distribution to Pepsi where the bottles are displayed on different locations.

In rural areas though Dr.Pepper will outsource distribution to Pepsi or Coke if they do not have a distribution center nearby or not enough trucks, etc.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By George_Hukas

The "leaderboards" on the DewXP site are scary.. the guy on top has over 500hrs banked

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like Doritos and will now seek some out tomorrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.