well, that sure is Ghost in the tunnels during makarovs speech

• 59 results
#1 Edited by billnyethesciencepie (1332 posts) -

What the hell.

Well, i guess there is a prescedent for this. You thought Price was dead in MW2, right?
#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4513 posts) -

Image maybe?

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

A dude with shades on = Ghost? I think it's Gaz's brother out for revenge.

#4 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6654 posts) -

No. He died.

Honestly I don't get the 12 year old's obsession with ghost. He had basically no lines and no relevance to the story until he was shot. Guess it was the skull mask that made everyone think he was a badass?

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

What about him screams "Ghost" to you? He just looks like a dude to me.

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I'm not seeing how that silhouette can be construed as a 'sure is'.

#7 Posted by natetodamax (19137 posts) -

How did you get Ghost from that?

#8 Edited by RecSpec (3681 posts) -

Craig Fairbrass is doing voicework for this game, so who the hell knows.

My money is on that character being Ramirez.
#9 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1332 posts) -
@natetodamax: why else would they have a silhouetted figure?

theyre obviously trying to hide a major characters return.
#10 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i was one of the most hyped people for the single player campaign of MW2, and i couldn't care less if that's Ghost or not..no, it's not because of BF3, it's because this series has really gotten carried away and out of hand.. the story doesn't mildly interest me anymore. fuck Gaz, Ghost, Soap, Roach, Cunt, and whoever else there is.

'cept for Cap'm Price, that dude is pimpin' .

i just wanna [play!] MW3 and beat the single player for the annual 4-hour fix of michael bay action. then remove the game and focus on the real games coming out this year

#11 Posted by EuanDewar (4513 posts) -

Just looks like a dude with goggles or some mask on. Nothing to suggest Ghost at all.

#12 Posted by RecSpec (3681 posts) -

So this game has to end on a cliffhanger, right?

Unless they are going to start WW3, cover battles from many different fronts, and end it in the same game. 
#13 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

No it's not.

#14 Posted by natetodamax (19137 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie said:

He was moving through a dark tunnel. He's not going to be lit up like a spotlight.

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
i just wanna pirate MW3 and beat the single player for the annual 4-hour fix of michael bay action. then remove the game and focus on the real games coming out this year
Real games? What do you mean by that?
#15 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1332 posts) -
@natetodamax: and why would he be in a tunnel and not in the light?

it just seems like its the only reason it focuses on the figure for a good chunk of time, while hes in the dark.
#16 Edited by Wes899 (2102 posts) -
@natetodamax said:

He was moving through a dark tunnel. He's not going to be lit up like a spotlight.
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
i just wanna pirate MW3 and beat the single player for the annual 4-hour fix of michael bay action. then remove the game and focus on the real games coming out this year
Last I checked this is a real game that you can play.
#17 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -
It could be ghost but I doubt it. There's certainly no reason to say that it sure is ghost. Also who gives a shit anyways?
#18 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1332 posts) -
@laserbolts: Ghosts last name is my first name :P
#19 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2460 posts) -

Giving the whole "will of one man" thing, I took it as being Makarov.

#20 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1332 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL: TWIST

Ghost is pissed, i would be too after being shot then burned alive.
#21 Posted by natetodamax (19137 posts) -
@Wes899 said:
@natetodamax said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
Last I checked this is a real game that you can play.
That's what I was thinking. Not sure why one would say Modern Warfare 3 isn't a video game.
#22 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -

Nah its Reznov from Black Ops, surpise time travel plot twist!
Its probably your player character in 3rd person cut scene view. Would be nice if it was ghost but he kind of got shot and set ablaze.

#23 Posted by VoshiNova (1594 posts) -

Seriously?

I'm kinda bummed that most of that trailer felt like a huge re-do.
A water boat sequence!
Holy shit I'm shooting the gun of that giant plane again!

Just realized how trolly this sounds - maaaa baaaaaad.

#24 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1332 posts) -
@Xdsk: you thought price was dead :P
#25 Posted by Xdsk (268 posts) -
@Xdsk: you thought price was dead :P
Wait what? Price doesnt come anywhere near to getting killed, he gets a beating, but is saved by MacTavish.
#26 Posted by warxsnake (2626 posts) -

Call of duty characters really have a fanbase? I mean besides Price.. Good on Activision then. I remember when this series was still generic-ww2-shooter-#543422

#27 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

No.

It's obviously not him.
#28 Posted by CrimsonNoir (391 posts) -

maybe OP means he's an actual ghost, like the spirit of the decease :P

#29 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

Maybe he's  literally a ghost this time

#30 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1332 posts) -
 HEAD PHONE MAN IS WATCHING YOU
#31 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

*puts on mask that looks like a skull*  oh hey I'm ghost!

#32 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
No. He died. Honestly I don't get the 12 year old's obsession with ghost. He had basically no lines and no relevance to the story until he was shot. Guess it was the skull mask that made everyone think he was a badass?
Yep pretty much. It's the same reason why people think Boba Fett is awesome. He looks cool.
#33 Posted by Choffy (432 posts) -
@NinjaHunter said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
No. He died. Honestly I don't get the 12 year old's obsession with ghost. He had basically no lines and no relevance to the story until he was shot. Guess it was the skull mask that made everyone think he was a badass?
Yep pretty much. It's the same reason why people think Boba Fett is awesome. He looks cool.
Except Boba Fett actually doesn't look cool at all.
#34 Edited by NTM (7034 posts) -

He has a helmet on, I'm positive that's not him. People and their crazy opinions. First someone thinks Price is actually bad, now this. By the way, I don't understand why people give Ghost credit for being cool, when I personally think SOAP and Price are just much better. I'm not saying Ghost wasn't cool, 'cause he was, but I really thought SOAP and Price deserved more (mostly SOAP).
#35 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I always liked Ghost because it was assumed that it was Gaz, only after getting shot in the head, he'd have such stern facial scarring that he's wearing the mask. But then someone at Infinity Ward basically said they had no definite answer and he just became a guy in a cool mask.

#36 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -
@laserbolts: Ghosts last name is my first name :P
hello mr riley?
#37 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@Choffy said:
@NinjaHunter said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
...what did you fucking say
#38 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

Surviving being shot and set on fire would be pretty amazing. I don't understand why those images are seen as anything other than generic soldier #589345.

#39 Posted by Choffy (432 posts) -
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
@Choffy said:
@NinjaHunter said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
Mmmmmmhmmmm. You heard right.
#40 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

My money's on him being Rodney Dangerfield.  Now that's a twist you'd never see coming... except I did.

#41 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -
@Choffy said:
@Choffy said:
@NinjaHunter said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
Dude, I don't even like Star Wars, but even I know you just crossed a line that you're not allowed to cross.
#42 Posted by Choffy (432 posts) -
@N7 said:
@Choffy said:
@Choffy said:
@NinjaHunter said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
Dude, I don't even like Star Wars, but even I know you just crossed a line that you're not allowed to cross.
Nah I think I'll be alright. The movies are alright, but I never liked Boba Fett or thought he was cool. Even Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett's actor) doesn't understand his popularity.
#43 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
I can.  See this silhoutte?

sure is gonna be more of the same boring shit gameplay and flat Quake 3 Arena graphics.
#44 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@Choffy said:
@N7 said:
@Choffy said:
@Choffy said:
@NinjaHunter said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
Nah I think I'll be alright. The movies are alright, but I never liked Boba Fett or thought he was cool. Even Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett's actor) doesn't understand his popularity.
he has a flamethrower on his wrist...  he can fly and he has a rocket that could blow up if anyone shot it.  dude has balls
#45 Edited by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

For anyone wondering why people go apeshit about Ghost, I've got your answers....

1. Sounds like Gaz

2. Sweet skull mask.

That's it and that's all.

In other news, looks like the entire planet be blowing up in MW3. I'll play that.

#46 Posted by Choffy (432 posts) -
@Choffy said:
he has a flamethrower on his wrist...  he can fly and he has a rocket that could blow up if anyone shot it.  dude has balls
I know I have a horrible memory of Star Wars (it's been so long since I've seen them), but I don't recall seeing him using those.
#47 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -
@weeman105 said:
Surviving being shot and set on fire would be pretty amazing. I don't understand why those images are seen as anything other than generic soldier #589345.
The voiceover during that scene implies that it's the main antagonist, or at least the person responsible for starting WW3.
#48 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@Choffy said:
@Choffy said:
I know I have a horrible memory of Star Wars (it's been so long since I've seen them), but I don't recall seeing him using those.
he does have a flamethrower.  i dunno Boba fett seems pretty cool in the cannon stories and i can see why you wouldnt think hes cool.  his appearance in the original trilogy didnt seem to significant, then again i havent watched those movies start to finish in a very long time
#49 Posted by Choffy (432 posts) -
@Choffy said:
@Choffy said:
he does have a flamethrower.  i dunno Boba fett seems pretty cool in the cannon stories and i can see why you wouldnt think hes cool.  his appearance in the original trilogy didnt seem to significant, then again i havent watched those movies start to finish in a very long time
I've never touched anything Star Wars other than the six movies, so that's probably why.
#50 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

@HandsomeDead said:

I can.  See this silhoutte?

sure is gonna be more of the same boring shit gameplay and flat Quake 3 Arena graphics.
Ahahaha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.