What review score will Giant Bomb give MW3?

• 153 results
#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3535 posts) -

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4690 posts) -

I was thinking it would be a three. However a four seems possible.

Also, don't care.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

five

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (4690 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

five

Ha, nope.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11646 posts) -

You're missing a few options there...

#6 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3535 posts) -

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I just mistakenly hit post before typing the other options. For the record, however doubtful it might be, I think a three star review could really happen. It just depends on how flawed the game is, and if the formula is still holding up to whoever ends up reviewing the game, who I assume will be Jeff.

Anyhow, feel free to flag this post so a moderator closes this thread. I tried to flag my own post, but it won't let me.

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

Who cares, seriously after four nearly identical games, people already know whether they are going to buy the game or not. Also score doesn't matter, the review does. The whole fixation about the review scores is stupid and childish.

#8 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Four stars.  It will be great, but it won't change anything like CoD 4 and MW 2 did.

#9 Posted by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

Why are there only two options? I'd say three.

#10 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Depends on how much they pay Jeff :p

#11 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Probably a three or four. Call of Duty games are really good, but they have barely changed in the last couple years.

#12 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

The game will be reviewed by Jeff and given five stars saying "Despite the lack of major improvements, Infinity Ward along with Sledgehammer has yet again showed why they sit comfortably on the FPS throne."

The Quick Look will be conducted by Jeff and Brad, it will be 45 minutes long and feature more than a healthy amount of dead air and uncomfortable laughs.

The TNT will take place on Nov 10 and will feature one hour of Jeff dying in Team Deathmatch followed by an hour of coop modes with Ryan and Jeff on the couch and Brad and Patrick in the back. Because Jeff insisted, Vinny will not be present.

#13 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@rebgav said:

Somewhere between one and five stars, depending on how much they like it?

Now that's just not possible.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (11646 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
The game will be reviewed by Jeff and given five stars saying "Despite the lack of major improvements, Infinity Ward along with Sledgehammer has yet again showed why they sit comfortably on the FPS throne." The Quick Look will be conducted by Jeff and Brad, it will be 45 minutes long and feature more than a healthy amount of dead air and uncomfortable laughs.  The TNT will take place on Nov 10 and will feature one hour of Jeff dying in Team Deathmatch followed by an hour of coop modes with Ryan and Jeff on the couch and Brad and Patrick in the back. Because Jeff insisted, Vinny will not be present.
So, basically, what you're saying is that the Giant Bomb formula is as predictable as the Call of Duty formula?
#15 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Biased poll is biased.

#16 Posted by Village_Guy (2482 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

The game will be reviewed by Jeff and given five stars saying "Despite the lack of major improvements, Infinity Ward along with Sledgehammer has yet again showed why they sit comfortably on the FPS throne." The Quick Look will be conducted by Jeff and Brad, it will be 45 minutes long and feature more than a healthy amount of dead air and uncomfortable laughs. The TNT will take place on Nov 10 and will feature one hour of Jeff dying in Team Deathmatch followed by an hour of coop modes with Ryan and Jeff on the couch and Brad and Patrick in the back. Because Jeff insisted, Vinny will not be present.

Something like this, although I think it will be 4 stars instead of 5. But other than that I think it's spot on.

#17 Posted by Lukeweizer (2586 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

five

Ha, nope.

You just got busted by the rating police!

#18 Posted by EuanDewar (4690 posts) -
@Lukeweizer

@EuanDewar said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

five

Ha, nope.

You just got busted by the rating police!

You're under arrest for buullllshiiiiieeeet
#19 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

Biased poll is biased.

I can't honestly imagine them giving it less that 4 stars.

#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

I'd say its gonna be a 4.

#21 Edited by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -

4, it just needs to continue the roller coaster that was MW2's singleplayer and it'll be loads of fun.

#22 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

3 or 4 seems likely. I don't see it being fresh enough to deserve a 5.

#23 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

4 probably

#24 Posted by BisonHero (6054 posts) -

The game has enough polish, and enough "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" that even if the GB reviewer decides to make a huge issue out of the storyline going nowhere and the multiplayer being nearly identical to the last game, I can't imagine them giving it lower than 4 stars.

#25 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -

Go ask Mason.

#26 Posted by Deusx (1902 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

The game will be reviewed by Jeff and given five stars saying "Despite the lack of major improvements, Infinity Ward along with Sledgehammer has yet again showed why they sit comfortably on the FPS throne." The Quick Look will be conducted by Jeff and Brad, it will be 45 minutes long and feature more than a healthy amount of dead air and uncomfortable laughs. The TNT will take place on Nov 10 and will feature one hour of Jeff dying in Team Deathmatch followed by an hour of coop modes with Ryan and Jeff on the couch and Brad and Patrick in the back. Because Jeff insisted, Vinny will not be present.

I love you.

#27 Posted by BaneFireLord (2908 posts) -

I am so sick of FPSs.

#28 Posted by benpicko (1985 posts) -

5. Mostly because Jeff will review it.

#29 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I can see the game getting 5 Stars, that game looks bloody fantastic!

#30 Posted by UnrealDP (1220 posts) -

Definitively five stars. MW3's going to be fun and polished, but it's going to get real old real fast if there's only minimal changes.

#31 Posted by TheKing (822 posts) -

Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it scores higher then BF3.

#32 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

Whatever the game deserves. None of us know what that is yet so we have no reason to speculate.

#33 Posted by Sorasha (87 posts) -

2 or 3, max. Everyone is tired of the same formula being used over and over, especially Jeff.

#34 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

You're missing a few options there...

He really isn't in this case. There are two scores MW3 can get. These are them.

I say 5.

@Grissefar said:

Dude, marry me.

#35 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

Post of the year.

You missed the part where people are bitching about them reviewing and not covering something else.

#36 Edited by ViciousAnchovy (720 posts) -

Jeff gave Black Ops a 4. I don't see why MW3 couldn't also get a 4.

#37 Edited by Benny (1947 posts) -

The point of this site is that jeff's and the other staff's reviews are more personal than others in that you know more about what they like and what tastes they have. If jeff gave black ops 4 stars and you fucking hated it, you know if he 4 stars MW3 you'll hate it too, because you know more about jeff's tastes and how they relate to you.

Stars are also more of a 'recommend-ability scale' than a quality thing.

#38 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@benpicko said:

5. Mostly because Jeff will review it.
#39 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

If Jeff reviews it, I'm going to guess 5. He's really been into the Modern Warfare games, moreso than WaW or Blops. He was blown away by the fact that you could shoot down UAVs in MW2, so I suspect he'll find something in MW3 that blows his mind. He did say in the Blops review that the formula is starting to wear thin, so a 4 is certainly possible. But I'm still leaning towards 5. I pre-ordered the hardened edition already, so it doesn't really matter what he gives it, but it's fun to guess.

#40 Posted by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -

I don't really understand why they'd review at tbh. Just re-post MW2's review, and I don't mean that in a snarky way, it just seems a waste of their time when we all know exactly how it will turn out.

#41 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

6 half stars

#42 Posted by hippocrit (231 posts) -

8.5/10

#43 Posted by NTM (7235 posts) -

Probably four or five. It just depends on how new everything feels, or if it feels "new enough". I'm sure Jeff is reviewing it, and like Halo Reach, may give it a four, but I think it may just get a five.

#44 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I really hope it gets a five since I'm really looking forward to it, but four stars seem more reasonable, I kind of doubt it can be good enough to warrant a perfect score.

#45 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

4 1/2.

#46 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Seems like your poll is a little bias there... i would however think it will be a 4/3 star game.

#47 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2205 posts) -

It won't get a five purely because it will play like every other CoD game released but at the same time its multiplayer is deserving of more than 3 stars so I'm going to predict 4 stars.

#48 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1051 posts) -

0 stars because I will be to busy with Batman AC, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.

#49 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1726 posts) -

@DeShawn2ks said:

0 stars because I will be to busy with Batman AC, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.

MW3 will likely garner more page hits than those three games combines. Sometimes you just have to follow the money, regardless of how pointless a reveiw will be.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to make an educated assessment, but if I were a betting man I would say four stars.

#50 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1051 posts) -

@SoldierG654342: True no denying that. I am not saying the game will be bad or anything I am just saying in my own little world this holiday season MW3 does not exist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.