Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Your verdict on Modern Warfare 3?

• 72 results
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

Sorry for the unimaginative poll options, tried to keep it as simple as possible.

Figured a thread like this might also help cut down on forum clutter.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By jacdg

I'll bet that not enough people on these forums have played the game, at least judging from previous threads. However, I also predict that a lot of people who have not played the game, will give it a 0 of 5, because they don't like the game. I'll probably have my own verdict sometime this weekend, probably a 3 or a 4.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By ventilaator

Won't buy it. Then I will see it for half the price and not buy it. Then I will see it for amazingly dirt cheap and won't buy it. Then I will go over to a friend's house who has it and play a different game they own and I haven't played instead. 

I'll watch the Quick Look though when that happens!

duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By duggshammer

As a die-hard BF3 fan, I voted 5/5. I went out at midnight to get MW3 last night, just to have some fun, not because I was that excited for the game. I've played a good amount of every previous COD, so I felt like I've seen it all. Obviously, because of the party atmosphere at the store, I got a little more excited. When I got home I fired up the multiplayer. Coming from BF3 (And not having played BlackOps for about 6 months), these are my initial reactions to the gameplay - Smooth (The gameplay just feels amazing, even though its the same as before, lol), Great Maps/Layout (Love the look/atmosphere of the maps and the layouts make the small maps feel big, because there are many different ways to go), Back to the MW2 unlock system (Forget that Black Ops money bullshit, i don't want to decide, just give me what I've earned), Those dumbass avatars from Black Ops are gone (everyone just had a dick or some shit anyways), Lots of weapon choices (Even though a bunch feel like MW2).

Even though this game is undeniably MW 2.5, and I really came into this game thinking I was going to play it for 5 minutes then go back to BF3... I love it. There's not much different, I don't understand why the game is as fun as it is, it just feels good to play it. I had the complete opposite happen with Black Ops, I hated it from the start. I did like MW2 more than BO, but no COD has ever gave me the enjoyment of MW3. It just feels right.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss

Call of Duty/5

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By RobertOrri

Jeff/5

(Didn't vote since I haven't played it)

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vitor

Man, I wish you could see poll results without voting.

Ordered the game for PC from a UK site I've used before but I need to wait for them to verify my payment before they send out the Steam key...

u03mja3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By u03mja3

Really not impressed by this game at all. There is just so much madness going on all at once with regards to pointstreaks - with specific regards to the mini map. UAVs, advanced UAVs, Oh now its jammed - now its unjammed but that guy who shot me had a silencer - oh then the next guy had assassin. Messy

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By phrosnite

Guilty.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By huntad

I can't rate it because I don't have it. I won't buy it either.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

Probably a great game for those who love Call of Duty.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DystopiaX

It's more modern warfare for people who want modern warfare. I am not one of these people.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Contro

Overall, underwhelmed, I expected more from this title. If they don't change the engine for the new game, I will have no interest at all. It's high time this series evolves, and this game fails to do that. It clearly hasn't even attempted to do that.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ichthy

It's basically fine.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AnimalFather

the biggest problem MW3 has is that it starts off with the weakest "level" of the game until you hit water that is.

makarov9mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By makarov9mm

B. Graphics are a bit dated but okay. I really did like the Michael Bay esque storyline of all MW games.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Hizang

Haven't really played enough to vote, probably a 4 though.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By matthias2437

5 apples out of 1 banana.

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LeYcH

The single player is heavily scripted and linear as hell.

Engine is old, graphics are starting to get dated.

Multiplayer is exact same as Modern Warfare 2.

I could say BF3 > MW3 but they're both so terrible it's hard to compare.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Vinny_Says

The multiplayer maps feel extremely cluttered and clostrophobic....I haven't seen all 16 yet but so far everything is just a bunch of hallways with no open spaces. Anyone else feel this way?

BTW I didn't vote yet

Dscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dscream

Absolutely played the hell out of the first two modern warfare's, this one looks pretty fun too.

Will eventually pick up, but I know there isn't really anything I'm missing out on so I can wait.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By FreakAche

@Vitor said:

Man, I wish you could see poll results without voting.

Wait for the Claude poll.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jacdg

@Vinny_Says said:

The multiplayer maps feel extremely cluttered and clostrophobic....I haven't seen all 16 yet but so far everything is just a bunch of hallways with no open spaces. Anyone else feel this way?

BTW I didn't vote yet

Sadly, I agree. personally, I enjoy medium sized maps the most, since you get a nice blend of the different gameplay types, but there's a lot of tight corridors which increased the focus on twitch shooting, not always a good thing. The worst thing though, as always with multiplayer games (especially Call of Duty) is the user base. Sometimes I literally want to throw my controller at the TV when I get killed by some idiot who just sits with his behind planted in some random ass corner, where I have no chance of getting him, fucking A man.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TehFlan
    @DystopiaX said:

It's more modern warfare for people who want modern warfare. I am not one of these people.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By MildMolasses

I love it. It's the stupid, out of control roller coaster ride I had hoped for. I could understand being disappointed witht the mp because it's probably very similar to the previous games, but I only cared about the campaign and it has been worth every cent of my EB trade in credit

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#27  Edited By bobafettjm

The gameplay improvements are nice, but the maps are really a step back in my opinion. So far I am really enjoying everything else, but all the maps are far too small.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By scarace360

Same game since cod4 but still a good game 3/5

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kmg90

Is it me or is the single player campaign a non-stop explosion-fest? I mean have been away from Call of Duty THAT long? I mean didn't the previous modern warfare had missions that didn't have a scripted explosion every minute?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By mikemcn

16 Matzah Balls, Haven't played it, I won't even unlock everything in BF3 until sometime around Christmas, I don"t have time to play it. It"s going to be hard avoiding stuff about the story until then though.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bybeach

From what I am hearing, except from Jeff to some degree, it is exactly what I like, a ridiculous and physically engaging sp campaign. The MP sounds good for ppl. into it also. So for me Battlefield 3 fail, MW 3 win. But I of course know both games are very good to most everyone else, except for fanboys and those honestly not into the other guy's approach to military MP shooters. Or a suprising number I am finding who like me mainly just do the sp.

4/5

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By amir90

3/5, everything is fun, except MP.

demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By demarcon

@Vinny_Says said:

BTW I didn't vote yet

I kind of feel the same way. More-over my problem with the maps is that they all just seem completely rushed and thrown together. Most maps have about 5-6 entrances to a building at the ground floor, there is nowhere to hide for a second to regain health and there doesn't really seem to be a set spawn point on some maps. I've been in a few games where the enemy spawned 3 steps in front of where I spawned at the beginning of the game. I also really don't understand how they programmed the spawn points mid match, there have been countless times where I will spawn next to no teammates and instantly get hit with a concussion grenade and killed, just to have it happen again the same way. The survival mode is where most of my time will go, but for how much it feels like zombies without zombies, two player maximum is a huge oversight. I voted 3/5 I'm actually considering trading the game in because I haven't found a single map that I enjoy,

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DonPixel

3/5 Decent conclusion to the Cpt Price saga - I don't really care about everything else:

- I still think COD4 has the best multiplayer of all CODs

-The campaign feels so linear and scripted

-Is a total dejaa vu I swear at times I was like here it comes the "woooww moment" thou this time around was more of a mheee moment.

As I said the best thing about the whole game is the sense of closure for the Makarov, Soap, Price trilogy.. other than that I don't see me buying another COD game in the upcoming years.

also BATTLEFIELD bitches!

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@LeYcH said:

The single player is heavily scripted and linear as hell.

Engine is old, graphics are starting to get dated.

Multiplayer is exact same as Modern Warfare 2.

I could say BF3 > MW3 but they're both so terrible it's hard to compare.

MP is nothing like MW2, the guns have weight and there's actual gun fights like COD4, especially with the stalker perk available.

The maps aren't near as fucking stupid like MW2, and there isn't complete game breaking Killstreaks and perks. One man Army is out, commando, last stand, stopping power - this might be the definitive version of COD MP so far. I'll lay in wait until a Competitive Playlist comes around, because Blops ruled for it.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Grillbar

its more of what mw2 had, the story so far is alittle boring but im not that far. the co-op thing is the best part and for once they are really hard on vet

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Tennmuerti

Got it today, played MP all night, already bored out of my skull. I never thought I'd say it but even Blops MP was more fun.
    Haven't tried the SP yet will prolly enjoy it enough.

But damn do the graphics look old as fuck.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Robo

4/5 for similar reasons Jeff stated.

It's kind of more of the same formula but I can't hold that as too much of a negative because that formula works...though it has definitely grown a bit stale. It's not a bad game.

Since others have brought it up, I think BF3 is better in some ways but worse in other mostly technical ways.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By McShank

@duggshammer said:

As a die-hard BF3 fan, I voted 5/5. I went out at midnight to get MW3 last night, just to have some fun, not because I was that excited for the game. I've played a good amount of every previous COD, so I felt like I've seen it all. Obviously, because of the party atmosphere at the store, I got a little more excited. When I got home I fired up the multiplayer. Coming from BF3 (And not having played BlackOps for about 6 months), these are my initial reactions to the gameplay - Smooth (The gameplay just feels amazing, even though its the same as before, lol), Great Maps/Layout (Love the look/atmosphere of the maps and the layouts make the small maps feel big, because there are many different ways to go), Back to the MW2 unlock system (Forget that Black Ops money bullshit, i don't want to decide, just give me what I've earned), Those dumbass avatars from Black Ops are gone (everyone just had a dick or some shit anyways), Lots of weapon choices (Even though a bunch feel like MW2).

Even though this game is undeniably MW 2.5, and I really came into this game thinking I was going to play it for 5 minutes then go back to BF3... I love it. There's not much different, I don't understand why the game is as fun as it is, it just feels good to play it. I had the complete opposite happen with Black Ops, I hated it from the start. I did like MW2 more than BO, but no COD has ever gave me the enjoyment of MW3. It just feels right.

Die hard Battlefield fan does not touch such filth!

I give it a 3/5 since its just a DLC pack that costs 65$ for MW2... Nothing is different. Same thing from the last game. The only thing they did was make it the same. They did not break anything or bring anything new. Just copy and paste the same game with new maps. Congratz Activision. You have made the same game again. At least this time I got a few friends to not buy the crap and instead redbox it..

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By OneManX

Yeah at this point you are either in or out of MW3.

Also the BF Fans need to just chill, last time I check Activision wasn't throwing the rocks, EA was. But Activision is the evil company, not the one trying to make a competition out of two games that are EXTREMELY different outside of the shoot guys in the face part?

C'mon son.

It's Video games man, they both have their place.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By damswedon

After much analysis I have deduced, that indeed it is a video game.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By TheGreatGuero

After about 3-4 hours of playing it today, I'm more than satisfied. I thought Black Ops campaign was weak, I didn't enjoy Zombies, and the multiplayer was cool but had some major balancing issues to work out. I was reluctant to buy MW3, but I ended up doing it and so far, I'm really pleased with the game. Special Ops Survival Mode alone has made it worth the money for me. I haven't touched the campaign yet, but the multiplayer is pretty solid. I like some of the changes they've made, and so far most of the maps I've played seem solid. Also, the game looks quite a bit better than Black Ops.

Thumbrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Thumbrunner

Meh, S.S.D.D. In the campaign on hardened difficulty I had multiple problems with the A.I. "teammates". They were constantly standing/blocking/pushing because they want the same piece of cover I did or their scripting takes them on a path which intersects my line of fire which in turn creates a fail state making me replay the last 5 minutes over and over again due to me dying because of their aggresive behavior or "friendly fire will not be tolerated." Oh by the way Doom says hi and wants it monster closets back but says you can keep the ones with unlimited dudes in them and that one asshole with a shotgun who didn't get out of the truck with everyone else until well after I had smoked all his buddies and moved forward 75 meters. In the Multiplayer have always had a problem with COD's choice of spawn locations throughout the series. MW3 has not done anything to change my mind. Spawning within the same room as an opposing player at any given time is not fun it sometimes feels as if it is punishing you again after you have already been punished for dying. On the perk front I was glad to hear that they were removing last stand only to find they renamed it to final stand and that it suffers from the same animation problems as it has in the past. I have always enjoyed the Call of Duty series and continue to do so along with the rest of you but I do believe that MW3 has been hindered by the interitive process of having a franchise that comes out every year with not enough time to make enough meaningful changes ergo every EA sports game in existence. So to reiterate Meh, S.S.D.D.

Jerome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Jerome85

If you are a COD fan you will be happy if you are not a COD fan then I have no idea why you are even on this forum. 5/5

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By Tsoglani

Even though the graphics are basically the same as MW2, I still feel the gameplay is good. The battles can get intense and the shooting is good; pretty much what I expect out of a COD game. Nothing much different from the other games in the series, so I wouldn't rain praise on it like a lot of people do.

Highlight for me is Spec Ops mode; i found that to be way more addictive and that would bump up the score a little.

fuddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By fuddles

This game made me realize exactly how tired I am of Call of Duty. I don't think they're bad games, per say, but they'd just be a lot more fun if they didn't cram them out every year for an easy buck. But now I'm just stating the obvious.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47  Edited By AV_Gamer

More of the same, but it's good.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HandsomeDead

Single player: absolute travesty on the scale of some shit Capcom would produce. Multiplayer: Kill Confirmed seems to prevent sniping, noob tubing and camping to a degree that makes the game more fun than MW2. Looking forward to getting into it more.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Everything is good and also refined.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50  Edited By Yanngc33

The campaign is AWESOME... other then that, meh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.