lucien21's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PlayStation 3) review

Non-Interactive SIngle Player

Modern Warfare 3 (Single Campaign)

The Behemoth of video games is back for another year, but without most of Infinity Ward's staff. Still didn't stop it selling $775m in 5 days.

Is it bigger, better and more insane than last years action feast?

Unfortunately the answer is a resounding NO.

It's shorter (it took me 5 hours to complete one hour less than MW2), less interactive and instantly forgettable. The Transformers 3 of video games, all bluster, no substance.

To maintain control over the action the game funnels you by either making you follow an AI character or by putting you on one turret sequence after another. Shooting is seriously easy with the snap to target and shoot mechanic the series is known for and with it check pointing every few seconds its purposely doing it to ensure that there is nothing in the way of the next set piece.

It's a rollercoaster ride, that looks fantastic and has some exciting set pieces, but it is ultimately a soulless experience with it's over the top world tour of major landmarks under attack from nutjob Russian bad guy.