Modern Warfare Mobilizes On DS

Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
Here's COD4 on the DS. Will Mobilized look like this? 
Activision has announced plans to release another Call of Duty on the DS, called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized. Multi-colon titles always make me feel all icky inside. Don't ask me why.

The game will offer multiplayer for up to six players online, and will include the ability for "friends to host their own server." That sort of seems like a weird thing to specifically mention in a press release. Makes me wonder if that just means you'll be able to configure your settings when playing a match or if it'll have some kind of weird dedicated server software.

Development is being handled by n-Space, which also developed Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: World at War on the DS. For some reason I can only think of Duke Nukem: Time to Kill whenever n-Space is brought up. I'm really not sure why that is.

Oh, and just because you can't have a game in this series/franchise these days without having some confusing fun with the names, the game will be known by its British English spelling over in that part of the world, where it will be called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilised.
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
Here's COD4 on the DS. Will Mobilized look like this? 
Activision has announced plans to release another Call of Duty on the DS, called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized. Multi-colon titles always make me feel all icky inside. Don't ask me why.

The game will offer multiplayer for up to six players online, and will include the ability for "friends to host their own server." That sort of seems like a weird thing to specifically mention in a press release. Makes me wonder if that just means you'll be able to configure your settings when playing a match or if it'll have some kind of weird dedicated server software.

Development is being handled by n-Space, which also developed Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: World at War on the DS. For some reason I can only think of Duke Nukem: Time to Kill whenever n-Space is brought up. I'm really not sure why that is.

Oh, and just because you can't have a game in this series/franchise these days without having some confusing fun with the names, the game will be known by its British English spelling over in that part of the world, where it will be called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilised.
Staff
#2 Posted by PabloDiablo (150 posts) -

The answer to that subtitle is "yes"

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15947 posts) -

Ugh...

#4 Posted by Track (45 posts) -

No, not this again. Even on the PSP FPS's look terrible, and play horrible.

#5 Posted by William (441 posts) -

:(((((((((

#6 Posted by Deathdealer108 (291 posts) -

Haha Mobilised. I didn't like the first Call of duty game they put out for the DS so this definately is a pass.

#7 Posted by MeatSim (10853 posts) -

It's just like COD4 on the consoles, there is barely a difference!

#8 Posted by DerekDanahy (875 posts) -

Multi colons do suck

#9 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

The first game was average from a gameplay standpoint, but pretty good technically. Hopefully they will find a good balance with this one. It sounds like a decent amount of effort has gone into this what with such a strong looking online component. If they get the basic mechanics and gameplay down, it could be a awesome little FPS for DS in MP.

The game also has mode similar to WaW's Zombie mode, which is online also.

#10 Posted by hamlaser (230 posts) -

sham bam bamina

#11 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Mobilise? Noooooooo!!!! It's mobilize, darn you, mobilize!!! -world explodes-

#12 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2457 posts) -

handheld FPS games rarely work out right.Doubt this will.

#13 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

I actually played the DS version of COD4.  It was okay but it made my hand cramp up.  And your hand got in way of the screen.

#14 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

It actualy looks like a fun game to play multiplayer on the DS.

#15 Posted by Lockeyness (187 posts) -

Is it just me or does n-Space sound like one of the bazillion Nintendo fansites out there?

#16 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I don't know how many of you played Call of Duty 4 on the DS but the controls actually worked well and the game was good overall. If they can pull off the same thing with a few updates and tweaks then I say this sounds great.

#17 Posted by wh1terav3n (659 posts) -

actually the Cod 4 DS was pretty good.

#18 Posted by Seraphim84 (409 posts) -

I for one will pronounce it properly for all my Canuck and British friends: Mobili-zed-ed

#19 Posted by rmanthorp (3946 posts) -

Cod4 on the Ds was a good laugh if your friends all had it xD I had a great time with my cousins LOL XD
Moderator Online
#20 Posted by Snipper138 (341 posts) -

bad title

#21 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Multiple colons on one thing also makes me feel ill.

#22 Posted by Dynamitekyle (539 posts) -

This can't be good.

#23 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

lol

#24 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Call of Duty: Modern: Warfare: 2: Mobilsed: Origins: Undisputed: Beatles: Rock Band!! 

The next winner is here!! (Psst, you can tell by the number of colons)

#25 Posted by Nomin (977 posts) -

Not like this.
#26 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

This isnt really news the last two CoD games have been on DS it was safe to assume that this one would too.

#27 Posted by cdfishman (259 posts) -

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilised

i dont trust anything with 2 colons. living or dead.

#28 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

Now, if only other companies would spell games correctly for us who speak English  :-)  

Trauma Centre dammit.

#29 Posted by towly177 (96 posts) -

Ugh looks bad, like the other cod's for it

#30 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Is there a prestige edition? lol.

#31 Posted by r3b3lr0b0t (460 posts) -
@towly177: 
" Ugh looks bad, like the other cod's for it "
Have you played CoD4 and WaW for DS? They are actually surprisingly solid titles. 

In WaW multiplayer, you actually rank up and stuff. 

Sure they are "bad" if you're comparing them to their console versions, but for DS titles, the multiplayer is fun and engaging.
#32 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

I think I'll stick with the console version

#33 Posted by Jensonb (1749 posts) -

I don't get the name, is it a sequel to Modern Warfare or not? The name implies it's a port of CoD4, but it's not, so it ought to be Modern Warfare 2: Mobilised/Mobilized, but it's not!

CONFUSED!

#34 Edited by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Jensonb: But that name suggests a connection to Modern Warfare 2. You just can't win!
Is it related to Modern Warfare 2? I can't even tell!
Why am I shouting?!
#35 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

hmm that is interesting. i agree about the double colon thing. it makes me feel strange and i don't like it :( should be an interesting addition to the DS though. we sold heaps of copies of CoD:WAW on the DS in GAME

#36 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Pros: It's on the DS, meaning it's mobile, and plays with the accuracy of a keyboard and mouse game.

Cons: It's on the DS, meaning sub-N64 level graphics.

Hmmmmm.....

#37 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Way to wake up dead threads.

#38 Edited by Crono (2667 posts) -

n-Space is a company that just looks for quick cash opportunities and little more.  That explains why they're situated in Orlando :X

#39 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

At least they got the spelling right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.