Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty Online

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jan 11, 2015

A free-to-play Call of Duty game released in China.

Has anyone played this?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Seems like the kind of thing loyal fans would find a workaround for.

For those who don't know, this game is essentially a "best of" game combining parts of Modern Warfare 1 & 2, and Black Ops, with better graphics and remixed levels, that's free to play except you have to pay for weapon loadouts like grips and muzzles. It's only meant to be sold in China.

The two biggest problems, unlike say making a Japanese PSN account for Vita games, is that the Chinese gov't may kill you for proxy-ing into their systems, and two, the latency in playing people that far away to begin with combined with the imherent latency involved in faking your location... The game just wouldn't be playable.

However maybe someone can crack together an offline mode that bypasses the checks, and build something like that old PC alternative to Xbox Live for games like Halo Combat Evolved.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Never even heard of it until right now. I don't think Call of Duty's most loyal fans are the types to know about VPNs and proxies.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Looks hella neat.

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dOm_CaTz

I know there's no interest in this(on top of bringing a old topic back from the dead) but I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxO6eWCXECI. Basically a how-to video to get COD Online up and running. Now I'm not done downloading the game so I guess I can update with some impressions when it's finished. Now that its in open beta and its easier to get into, I'd love to hear what Jeff has to say about this seeing as it's the greatest hits of the COD games and he has dabbled with oversees games like PSO 2. Also seeing that COD is dead on PC this could be the shot in the arm that it needs.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would try this if it came out over here. Hacking up a fake Chinese account and playing with a high ping doesn't seem too enticing though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.