Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Call of Duty - World at War

Gugi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Gugi9000

I know I'm late to the party. My excuse is that I've been on the consoles playing other stuff and being scared of online MP.

Anyhow. I just played about an hour into the singleplayer campaign this morning (CET). My biggest gripe is having to learn yet another set of control and not having a middle mouse-button. I do however actively    dislike melee on the mouse. Don't know why. 

I use a Logitech G13 Gameboard and that often complicates things. I just don't download a custom config for whatever game and guess my way. After getting stabbed too many times, I often start looking at the setup. A bit off-topic, but that's the only problem I had with the game :-) 

I wonder if the multiplayer community is still active.. We'll see.. 

Also. I got this game because Mw2-cheats and lag are starting to really annoy me. Especially with Medal of Honor and Black Ops on the horizon. I just pre-ordered MoH, so I only have 24 days to spend on WaW. Minus the Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company time. 

Coming back to PC-gaming around the time of Mw2 - Are there other old games I should check out? 

Gugi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Gugi9000

I know I'm late to the party. My excuse is that I've been on the consoles playing other stuff and being scared of online MP.

Anyhow. I just played about an hour into the singleplayer campaign this morning (CET). My biggest gripe is having to learn yet another set of control and not having a middle mouse-button. I do however actively    dislike melee on the mouse. Don't know why. 

I use a Logitech G13 Gameboard and that often complicates things. I just don't download a custom config for whatever game and guess my way. After getting stabbed too many times, I often start looking at the setup. A bit off-topic, but that's the only problem I had with the game :-) 

I wonder if the multiplayer community is still active.. We'll see.. 

Also. I got this game because Mw2-cheats and lag are starting to really annoy me. Especially with Medal of Honor and Black Ops on the horizon. I just pre-ordered MoH, so I only have 24 days to spend on WaW. Minus the Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company time. 

Coming back to PC-gaming around the time of Mw2 - Are there other old games I should check out? 

Gugi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gugi9000

Other games in the genre, I might add.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.