Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Do you like that this game takes place in the World war 2?

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

I dunno, I think this times the limit though. Thank God the next one will be in the cold war.

However, Im not that much of a hardcore COD fan, so you cant value my opinion too much.

OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @PeasForFees:
    I agree with you.Im stuck on Vendetta.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kmdrkul

I've always loved World War 2 shooters; I guess I am plainly in the minority about that now.  I felt right at home having a Call of Duty back in it's familiar era, although I wholeheartedly appreciate the direction Infinity Ward has taken the game as well.

People may not like the game, but it surely wasn't trash.  In fact, it's trash to even say something like that.  Hour of Victory was a bad game.  That Yaris game was a bad game.  Big Rigs was a (fantastic)ly bad game.  This was most certainly not.  People who say it was either need to figure out the difference between fact or opinion, or most likely, get their heads out of their asses and stop holding a grudge against this games developer for no reason.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Optiow

Yeah I do. I always like WW2 games, I don't know why. I have always liked Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and Brothers in Arms, and I don't understand why people suddenly hate WW2 games...

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vitefish

I couldn't care less what time period it's in if it has guns and meat sacks for me to fire at.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Out_On_Bail

It doesn't matter what time period the game is in, I enjoy playing it and that's what matters most. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

hell yeah. i play everything else but the WW2 theme is the THEME OF ALL THEMES. i wouldnt mind if the World At War title lives on for another 10 installments.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

yeah, it is good. i hate ww2 shooters because last generation there were like 10 different ww2 shooters out there. at least this generation they stopped that a little bit. i like modern shooters more then ww2 shooters.

OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Finally completed Vendetta on Regular.Thank god. 

But seriously,WaW isn't that bad.
    MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By MetalR

Bad game  = bad

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Venatio

I actually just finished playing this game a moment ago and I thought it was mostly fucking awesome, especially the ending, I cant understand why so many people hate this game, sure a modern setting is more fun but WW2 can be fun too and this game is now one of my favorite WW2 games

Plus, Kiefer Sutherland and Gary Oldman are great to have in your game as voices

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I hate WWII games, I only bought it on steam for $25 compared to $60 canadian retail. I can't wait for modern warfare 2 and I really hate the weapons or WWII, they are all aweful, so are the tactics since it's pure attrition.

shels4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shels4

i prefer cod4 MODERN  goin bac i dnt really liike too much

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SUBL1ME

Not a chance, WW2 is overdone in video games and needs a break before we ever see it again but WaW was decent filler for MW2. Though I'm surprised at how much Treyarch has supported the game, CoD4 was by and far the superior game but Infinity Ward (also by and far the better developer) abandoned it after a few short months despite the community thriving. On the other hand Treyarch made what amounts to nothing more than a high quality CoD4 WW2 mod on a technical and game-play level and has spurted out three well done map packs and zombie content every couple of months and I've heard rumors of a Map Pack 4 which I'd love some confirmation on. Modern Warfare is where its at, no other game besides CoD4 took the modern setting and balanced it perfectly for enjoyable game-play experience without weighing it down with all the realism of games like GRAW and RSV. 

Seeing as we are not getting rid of Treyarch developed Call of Duty games any time soon hopefully the next game will stay away from WW2 while (in my opinion at least) not trampling on IW's modern setting. There is sixty years of warfare between the second world war and modern times, surely Treyarch can find something in between.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.