Get Yer COD: World At War Map Pack 2 Freebies Here!

Posted by Brad (2925 posts) -
Map pack numero dos hits the tubes (read: Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network) for Call of Duty: World at War today. The four-map bundle will run you $10 (or the MS point equivalent thereof), but the fine folks at Activision would like 10 of you readers to play it for free. (At least, 10 of you that play the game on the Xbox 360.) "Two contests in one week?" you ask. "Are you guys crazy?" Yes, our collective sanity is questionable--but our commitment to providing you free stuff is rock-solid!

For your reference, here is some of the sordid business going on in this latest map pack.

  

So how can you walk away from this post with a shiny voucher for your free Xbox Live version of Map Pack 2? Simply talk amongst yourselves in the comments, and at 12pm Pacific Time tomorrow I'll randomly choose 10 of you from all the users who have replied at least once. If you need a topic to get started on, please first address the effects of escalating undead hegemony on geopolitical power dynamics in the post-war era.

NOTE: Yes, the more you post in this thread, the greater your chance of winning. Just keep it civil and tasteful, and above all, don't spam consecutive posts like a doofus. The mods will be watching this thread, so anyone who floods the comments will be dealt with in due and savage fashion. Carry on!

WINNERS!


Wow, almost 1,000 comments, huh? You guys really like free map packs. The 10 randomly selected winners are in, and here they are.


Thanks to everyone who participated!

Staff
#1 Posted by Brad (2925 posts) -
Map pack numero dos hits the tubes (read: Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network) for Call of Duty: World at War today. The four-map bundle will run you $10 (or the MS point equivalent thereof), but the fine folks at Activision would like 10 of you readers to play it for free. (At least, 10 of you that play the game on the Xbox 360.) "Two contests in one week?" you ask. "Are you guys crazy?" Yes, our collective sanity is questionable--but our commitment to providing you free stuff is rock-solid!

For your reference, here is some of the sordid business going on in this latest map pack.

  

So how can you walk away from this post with a shiny voucher for your free Xbox Live version of Map Pack 2? Simply talk amongst yourselves in the comments, and at 12pm Pacific Time tomorrow I'll randomly choose 10 of you from all the users who have replied at least once. If you need a topic to get started on, please first address the effects of escalating undead hegemony on geopolitical power dynamics in the post-war era.

NOTE: Yes, the more you post in this thread, the greater your chance of winning. Just keep it civil and tasteful, and above all, don't spam consecutive posts like a doofus. The mods will be watching this thread, so anyone who floods the comments will be dealt with in due and savage fashion. Carry on!

WINNERS!


Wow, almost 1,000 comments, huh? You guys really like free map packs. The 10 randomly selected winners are in, and here they are.


Thanks to everyone who participated!

Staff
#2 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

Sweet

#3 Posted by JamesF (1489 posts) -

Cool.

#4 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

This seems fair, may the best person win.

#5 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -

Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped.

#6 Posted by Darthrunia (10 posts) -

Hope i win one!

#7 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -

You guys are supporting them then?

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@freezerr said:
" Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped. "
Yeah, it does seem a little soon I suppose.
#9 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@Canberra said:
" This seems fair, may the best person win. "
May the person who stays up all night long  win.....
#10 Posted by Simbyotic (44 posts) -

Hum...I AM IN!

#11 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@freezerr said:
" Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped. "
Yeah, it does seem a little soon I suppose. "
Modern warfare 2 is out soon though
#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11621 posts) -

The question is, how were these Nazi Zombies raised? Was it through the machinations of a Necromancer, who used his dark magic to raise an undead army? Or was it a viral outbreak that spread through the Wehrmacht, turning the troops into zombies?

#13 Posted by JoeyStyles66 (1 posts) -

hope i win :D

#14 Posted by Fallen189 (4982 posts) -

My brother asked to borrow my credit card so he could buy this map pack. I said no, so he ate the last donut I'd been saving.

Regardless, I should win.

#15 Posted by morningdrive (190 posts) -

oooo i wanna win please please come on i'll be your friend!!

#16 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" The question is, how were these Nazi Zombies raised? Was it through the machinations of a Necromancer, who used his dark magic to raise an undead army? Or was it a viral outbreak that spread through the Wehrmacht, turning the troops into zombies? "
Hitler was experimenting with something when he found this virus. When he knew he was gonna fall he released it upon the world
#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Pie said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@freezerr said:
" Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped. "
Yeah, it does seem a little soon I suppose. "
Modern warfare 2 is out soon though "
Yeah I just realized that. I guess it's a good move to put it out now. But maybe a better move would have been to just put one pack out?
#18 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
" My brother asked to borrow my credit card so he could buy this map pack. I said no, so he ate the last donut I'd been saving.Regardless, I should win. "
Why should you win?
#19 Posted by yoitsmee (22 posts) -

I wanna win this and get back into call of duty

#20 Posted by Flabbergastrate (274 posts) -

Man, I hope I get that code. Would probably get me back into COD.

#21 Posted by Mudrocket (15 posts) -

more zombies? ive totally got wood...

#22 Posted by Serker (520 posts) -

I don't even have Call of Duty World at War... You should've given away something I cared about... like a copy of Call of Duty World at War

#23 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@freezerr said:
" Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped. "
Yeah, it does seem a little soon I suppose. "
Modern warfare 2 is out soon though "
Yeah I just realized that. I guess it's a good move to put it out now. But maybe a better move would have been to just put one pack out? "
You might as well dump as many out as you can. All the fanboys will buy this instantly making it well worth the effort
#24 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -
@Pie said:
"
@Canberra said:
" This seems fair, may the best person win. "
May the person who stays up all night long  win....."
but its midnight here! I have practically won already!
#25 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@Paperlink said:
" Man, I hope I get that code. Would probably get me back into COD. "
Same here Bra
#26 Posted by yoitsmee (22 posts) -

well of course the effects of escalating undead hegemony on geopolitical power dynamics in the post-war era are pretty relevant right now in the news today

#27 Posted by William (441 posts) -

I guess i'll post?

#28 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@Canberra said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@Canberra said:
" This seems fair, may the best person win. "
May the person who stays up all night long  win....."
but its midnight here! I have practically won already! "
YOU HAVE TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT YOU MOTHER are you english then?
#29 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@William said:
" I guess i'll post? "
I guees you will

#30 Posted by JPO375 (51 posts) -

so a russian guy, american guy, german guy, japanese guy coming 2gether to kill zombies..........See guys, we can all get along if we have a common foe :)

#31 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@freezerr said:
" Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped. "
Yeah, it does seem a little soon I suppose. "
Modern warfare 2 is out soon though "
Yeah I just realized that. I guess it's a good move to put it out now. But maybe a better move would have been to just put one pack out? "

The best part about MW2 coming out soon is that COD4 dropped to 30 dollars. Mine's in the mail now ;)
#32 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6151 posts) -

Very cool!  Nice to see some great free stuff up for grabs.

Moderator
#33 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@Simbyotic said:
" Hum...I AM IN! "
You sure are....
#34 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (833 posts) -

I love this game, bring on the maps! :)

#35 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I'm just going to post once.

#36 Posted by Ryu (382 posts) -

You should be able to play as Zombie Winston Churchill in the DLC, end of.

#37 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@freezerr said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@freezerr said:
" Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped. "
Yeah, it does seem a little soon I suppose. "
Modern warfare 2 is out soon though "
Yeah I just realized that. I guess it's a good move to put it out now. But maybe a better move would have been to just put one pack out? "
The best part about MW2 coming out soon is that COD4 dropped to 30 dollars. Mine's in the mail now ;) "
Good point
#38 Posted by Fallen189 (4982 posts) -
@Pie said:
"
@Fallen189 said:
" My brother asked to borrow my credit card so he could buy this map pack. I said no, so he ate the last donut I'd been saving.Regardless, I should win. "
Why should you win? "
free
#39 Posted by SomeGuy890 (122 posts) -

A free code would be awesome....
....
.....
....Please

#40 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -

Man ive got a headache now

#41 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -
@Pie said:
"
@freezerr said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@JJWeatherman said:
"
@freezerr said:
" Looks good, but it feels like Map Pack 1 just dropped. "
Yeah, it does seem a little soon I suppose. "
Modern warfare 2 is out soon though "
Yeah I just realized that. I guess it's a good move to put it out now. But maybe a better move would have been to just put one pack out? "
The best part about MW2 coming out soon is that COD4 dropped to 30 dollars. Mine's in the mail now ;) "
Good point "

@Pie:

I suppose
#42 Posted by Dachef (106 posts) -

Well who doesn't like free stuff?

#43 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -
@Pie said:
"
@Canberra said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@Canberra said:
" This seems fair, may the best person win. "
May the person who stays up all night long  win....."
but its midnight here! I have practically won already! "
YOU HAVE TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT YOU MOTHER are you english then?"
indeed i am, and you are American I suppose?
#44 Posted by Womble (56 posts) -

I AM ONLY POSTING ONE COMMENT

It is night here and I need to sleep. I doubt I shall win with this one comment but what the hell, why not enter anyway?

#45 Posted by thirteenyahs (128 posts) -

I'm broke and I'd like a code.

#46 Posted by Mudrocket (15 posts) -
@Ryu said:
"

You should be able to play as Zombie Winston Churchill in the DLC, end of.

"  rofl

#47 Posted by bozosc (104 posts) -

ok

#48 Posted by vurt23 (4 posts) -

did i win?

#49 Posted by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

There are people who deserve this code more than me. But you know I should get it.

#50 Posted by Pie (7078 posts) -
@Canberra said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@Canberra said:
"
@Pie said:
"
@Canberra said:
" This seems fair, may the best person win. "
May the person who stays up all night long  win....."
but its midnight here! I have practically won already! "
YOU HAVE TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT YOU MOTHER are you english then?"
indeed i am, and you are American I suppose? "
I am english actually

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.