Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

If I want a zombie game I'll get Left4Dead

• 59 results
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Vinchenzo said:
    "ep_driver said:
    "Relys said:
    "I'm sick of L4D fanboys getting their pussies all itchy over an added gamemode bonus."

Sameee here. This OBVIOUSLY isn't meant to be a zombie game. It's an awesome WWII shooter with COD4 engine with a fun zombie mode thrown in for good measure. L4D fans need to get the sand out of their vaginas."
    Haha, you're a silly person. "An awesome WWII shooter." Sorry, only Infinity Ward makes remotely good shooters in the WWII universe. L4D fans don't have "sand in their vaginas." Why? They'll be playing a vastly superior game rather than some desperate piece of shit that needs a zombie mode to sell more than a single copy."

Have you played both of them?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By pause422
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "ep_driver said:
    "Relys said:
    "I'm sick of L4D fanboys getting their pussies all itchy over an added gamemode bonus."

Sameee here. This OBVIOUSLY isn't meant to be a zombie game. It's an awesome WWII shooter with COD4 engine with a fun zombie mode thrown in for good measure. L4D fans need to get the sand out of their vaginas."
    Haha, you're a silly person. "An awesome WWII shooter." Sorry, only Infinity Ward makes remotely good shooters in the WWII universe. L4D fans don't have "sand in their vaginas." Why? They'll be playing a vastly superior game rather than some desperate piece of shit that needs a zombie mode to sell more than a single copy."

Have you played both of them?"
    No one even needs to honestly, but I have myself. The Cod "beta" as they call it, is flawed in so many ways, and just spits all over Cod4 really, they 'wanted' to be "cod4 in WWII", but anyone that says its that is giving them a huge compliment they don't even close to deserve. It wishes it could be Cod4 in WWI, but so many problems are in there its not funny. Also no "well that was a beta" talk, its gotten really old. Its a DEMO called a BETA, they aren't gonna change shit in the full version at all. It doesn't take much to see which game is superior on every possible way, even if you're the hugest Cod fan ever, you would be disappointed with this trash.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BiggerBomb
    pause422 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "ep_driver said:
    "Relys said:

No one even needs to honestly, but I have myself. The Cod "beta" as they call it, is flawed in so many ways, and just spits all over Cod4 really, they 'wanted' to be "cod4 in WWII", but anyone that says its that is giving them a huge compliment they don't even close to deserve. It wishes it could be Cod4 in WWI, but so many problems are in there its not funny. Also no "well that was a beta" talk, its gotten really old. Its a DEMO called a BETA, they aren't gonna change shit in the full version at all. It doesn't take much to see which game is superior on every possible way, even if you're the hugest Cod fan ever, you would be disappointed with this trash."

I'm not saying that Call of Duty: World at War is a good game, I'm saying that if you have not played both games you can't say one is any better than the other. You can speculate as such, but you cannot state it in finite terms.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Vinchenzo
    BiggerBomb said:
    "pause422 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "ep_driver said:
    "Relys said:

No one even needs to honestly, but I have myself. The Cod "beta" as they call it, is flawed in so many ways, and just spits all over Cod4 really, they 'wanted' to be "cod4 in WWII", but anyone that says its that is giving them a huge compliment they don't even close to deserve. It wishes it could be Cod4 in WWI, but so many problems are in there its not funny. Also no "well that was a beta" talk, its gotten really old. Its a DEMO called a BETA, they aren't gonna change shit in the full version at all. It doesn't take much to see which game is superior on every possible way, even if you're the hugest Cod fan ever, you would be disappointed with this trash."

I'm not saying that Call of Duty: World at War is a good game, I'm saying that if you have not played both games you can't say one is any better than the other. You can speculate as such, but you cannot state it in finite terms."
    Actually I can. Here we go!

CoD: WaW. Sucks. Left 4 Dead, even if made by Spark Unlimited, would STILL be better in every way. See?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Vinchenzo said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "pause422 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "ep_driver said:
    "Relys said:

I'm not saying that Call of Duty: World at War is a good game, I'm saying that if you have not played both games you can't say one is any better than the other. You can speculate as such, but you cannot state it in finite terms."

CoD: WaW. Sucks. Left 4 Dead, even if made by Spark Unlimited, would STILL be better in every way. See?"

No, I really don't. You cannot say World at War will be worse than Left 4 Dead unless you have played them. Can you explain otherwise?
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vinchenzo
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "pause422 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "ep_driver said:
    "Relys said:

CoD: WaW. Sucks. Left 4 Dead, even if made by Spark Unlimited, would STILL be better in every way. See?"

No, I really don't. You cannot say World at War will be worse than Left 4 Dead unless you have played them. Can you explain otherwise?"
    Even from the beta, you can tell WaW is going to be lacking. I love CoD as the next person, but CoD3 was a pile of shit and we can only expect the same from Treyarch this time around. Once again, they throw needless vehicles into the MP. The zombie mode is a desperate plea for sales. From preview coverage, you can make a proper assumption as to what a game will be like when released. Have I played both? Maybe not Left 4 Dead, but considering Valve is similar to Blizzard in that they take time and release a game when it's prepared, how can you expect a rushed Call of Duty made by a terrible company to be any good what-so-ever.

Waiting to see if any person who has credibility would ever pick WaW over L4D.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BiggerBomb

Vinchenzo said:

Even from the beta, you can tell WaW is going to be lacking. I love CoD as the next person, but CoD3 was a pile of shit and we can only expect the same from Treyarch this time around. Once again, they throw needless vehicles into the MP. The zombie mode is a desperate plea for sales. From preview coverage, you can make a proper assumption as to what a game will be like when released.

Once again, I'm not saying that I think World at War will be a fantastic game. I also think that the zombie mode is a shameful "buy me" plea.

Have I played both? Maybe not Left 4 Dead, but considering Valve is similar to Blizzard in that they take time and release a game when it's prepared

You are of the assumption that World at War will be a piece of shit. I agree. You have not played a new IP and have only seen the coverage of the same segment they continue to show off. Without even playing this game that has seen barely any light of day, you are stating (rather matter of factly I might add) that it will be superior to another game. That makes very little sense and I don't think you can claim a game superior to another before both have been released.

Waiting to see if any person who has credibility would ever pick WaW over L4D."

Credibility? Of what? Their opinions?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Vinchenzo
    BiggerBomb said:
    "

Vinchenzo said:

Even from the beta, you can tell WaW is going to be lacking. I love CoD as the next person, but CoD3 was a pile of shit and we can only expect the same from Treyarch this time around. Once again, they throw needless vehicles into the MP. The zombie mode is a desperate plea for sales. From preview coverage, you can make a proper assumption as to what a game will be like when released.

Once again, I'm not saying that I think World at War will be a fantastic game. I also think that the zombie mode is a shameful "buy me" plea.

Have I played both? Maybe not Left 4 Dead, but considering Valve is similar to Blizzard in that they take time and release a game when it's prepared

You are of the assumption that World at War will be a piece of shit. I agree. You have not played a new IP and have only seen the coverage of the same segment they continue to show off. Without even playing this game that has seen barely any light of day, you are stating (rather matter of factly I might add) that it will be superior to another game. That makes very little sense and I don't think you can claim a game superior to another before both have been released.

"
    Trust me, I know L4D will be better than WaW and I'll send you a message saying "I told you so" when the reviews come out. For now we agree to disagree, and I understand you're an annoying joke. The end.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Vinchenzo said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

Vinchenzo said:

"
    Trust me, I know L4D will be better than WaW and I'll send you a message saying "I told you so" when the reviews come out. For now we agree to disagree, and I understand you're an annoying joke. The end."

I think World of War looks like shit and I want Left 4 Dead. We're not disagreeing over the games, I'm saying that you cannot say that one will be better than the other until they have both come out. You can speculate, not say "I know L4D will be better than WaW."

So no, sending me a message "I told you so" would just make you look like one without reading comprehension skills. For your sake, I suggest you don't do that.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By Snail
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

Vinchenzo said:

"
    Trust me, I know L4D will be better than WaW and I'll send you a message saying "I told you so" when the reviews come out. For now we agree to disagree, and I understand you're an annoying joke. The end."

I think World of War looks like shit and I want Left 4 Dead. We're not disagreeing over the games, I'm saying that you cannot say that one will be better than the other until they have both come out. You can speculate, not say "I know L4D will be better than WaW."

So no, sending me a message "I told you so" would just make you look like one without reading comprehension skills. For your sake, I suggest you don't do that."
    One of you is speculating. The other one isn't. This is a pointless argument, I too think L4D will be way awesomer than WaW but apparently BiggerBomb is an anti-speculator and I respect that since we've been fooled by the gaming company over and over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.