Activision files copyright for two new Cod games.

#1 Edited by BormahAl (68 posts) -

Here is a excerpt from the Black Ops 2 reveal articlefrom Gamespy claiming Activision's copyright for Call of Duty: Future Warfare and Call of Duty: Space Warfare

Given that Modern Warfare's story was neatly wrapped up with MW3, it's a safe bet big changes are in store, particularly with Black Ops 2 on the way. While still at Infinity Ward, CoD creators Jason West and Vince Zampella expressed their interest in creating a shooter set in the future (we're talking space ships and lasers here). Activision apparently liked the idea enough that after the duo was given the boot, it filed copyrights for the names Call of Duty: Future Warfare and CoD: Space Warfare.

And here is another part of an article posted by Forbes.

While Infinity Ward has focused on Modern Warfare with its last three games, that studio is rumored to be developing another new game in the franchise. Activision has filed copyrights for Call of Duty: Future Warfare and Call of Duty: Space Warfare, which could be where Infinity Ward is taking the action after wrapping things up with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

To me this sounds like a step in the right direction for Call of Duty. They're actually changing things up. The semi-future setting of Black Ops 2 already intrigued me but this new idea of future and space warfare astonishes me. I gave up on Cod after Black Ops but I think they deserve a second chance.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11802 posts) -

Iwanttogotospace.

#3 Posted by Jrinswand (1702 posts) -

Quelle surprise! :O

#4 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Wait...this isn't old news. I swear I heard this awhile ago.

#5 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -
#6 Posted by Hector (3357 posts) -

Surprise!!! Didn't see that coming.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -

Probably just alternate names for black ops 2 

#8 Posted by BormahAl (68 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Whoever made this needs a lesson in grammar.

#9 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@BormahAl said:

@Sackmanjones said:

Whoever made this needs a lesson in grammar.

Also they used the meme incorrectly.

#10 Edited by xantar (25 posts) -

Also, you do not file for copyright. You file for trademark. Copyright is granted on creation of IP. But never mind, probably a retarded guy at forbes. Plus you could not release a Callof Duty : *** game, since Call of Duty is a trademark of Activision. Also remember Activision filed trademarks for Guitar Villain and Drum Hero.

#11 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Big surprise. With the announcement of one COD, Activision has plans for another two to shove down everyone's throat.

#12 Posted by Trav (241 posts) -

I want the CoD franchise to eventually cover all major American wars, including the inevitable space war.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.