Call of Duty Single Player

#1 Posted by me3639 (1607 posts) -

I just finished COD WAW single player for about the 5th time last week. Its one of my all time favorite FPS games. I tried and tried to finsih the last 2 levels on vetern but my insanity couldnt take it anymore. This IMO is both develpoment teams weakness and if they arent careful they are going to fall behind. Their games are great and fun dont get me wrong, but their only offering for difficulty is no more than just pure blind luck to finish a level. Instead of everyone looking at Infinty Ward and Treyarch as the Hottest chick on the planet, ask them a few tough questions concerning their single player campaigns like:

The spawning of enemies is like 6 years ago, ever going to change?
Any chance an enemy will ever run out of, ammo, or reload?
Any chance when a grenade hits concrete, it will have som sort of real physics behind the throw, as oppossed to you are a magnet? 
Any chance for a more open world concept?
Any chance your fellow combatants will be helpful when you need their help the most? 
Any chance tactics, or squad orders(ala brothers in arms) could come into play?
Can you offer a challenge that isnt 90% luck?

#2 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

I just finished Call of Duty 4 on veteran. Dude, it's not luck. It's mostly enemy placement memorization and knowledge of exactly what you're going to do.

#3 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

For being one of your all time favorites, you seem pretty down on it.

#4 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -
@me3639 said:
I tried and tried to finsih the last 2 levels on vetern but my insanity couldnt take it anymore.  
Just because you couldn't beat the game on veteran doesn't mean they have to change anything about their game.
#5 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

I beat it on veteran! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.