Call of Duty XP Tickets on Sale Next Week

Posted by patrickklepek (4129 posts) -
If there aren't enough conventions in your life, Activision is offering a solution.

Get your $150 ready, as Activision's announced tickets for the two-day Call of Duty XP event in Los Angeles are going on sale on July 19 (Tuesday) at 10:00 am PST.

The $150 ticket covers both days.

Before you have a heart attack about the $150, remember that Activision's donating all of the ticket sales to the Call of Duty Endowment fund. The organization helps veterans reintegrate into society by finding them housing and jobs, providing a support network upon leaving the military.

You also need to be 18 to attend Call of Duty XP, ensuring the litany of 14-year-olds with nothing else to do, spending their days and nights perfecting their skills, will be unable to mock you in person.

At least there's that.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (4129 posts) -
If there aren't enough conventions in your life, Activision is offering a solution.

Get your $150 ready, as Activision's announced tickets for the two-day Call of Duty XP event in Los Angeles are going on sale on July 19 (Tuesday) at 10:00 am PST.

The $150 ticket covers both days.

Before you have a heart attack about the $150, remember that Activision's donating all of the ticket sales to the Call of Duty Endowment fund. The organization helps veterans reintegrate into society by finding them housing and jobs, providing a support network upon leaving the military.

You also need to be 18 to attend Call of Duty XP, ensuring the litany of 14-year-olds with nothing else to do, spending their days and nights perfecting their skills, will be unable to mock you in person.

At least there's that.

Staff
#2 Edited by aceofspudz (937 posts) -

Spectator seats? I'd pay to see some out of shape COD players hustling around.

#3 Posted by SadPatrol (500 posts) -

Noooo

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I'm excited to go to the lore panel. I mean such deep fiction needs to be talked about and I have so many questions...

#5 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2686 posts) -

Waiting for double XP.

#6 Posted by Slydotcom (84 posts) -

The age limit is killing their sales... since only 12 year olds can find this interesting. I rather give that 150$ to a veteran without going to the event.

#7 Posted by JacDG (2121 posts) -

If I lived in the US, I would totally convince my friends to go with me, still think this sounds pretty cool.

#8 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Can't wait for Demon's Souls Con.

#9 Posted by natetodamax (19193 posts) -

Ha, you have to be 18? Their ticket sales just decreased by about 70%.

#10 Posted by Voldy (100 posts) -

I've been paintballing twice and can safely say you have no time to stand about and admire the map recreation, it's hectic and you'll be keeping your head down.  Would just be like regular paintball in my opinion.

#11 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -

18+ year olds actually play COD? ha.

#12 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Oh, those tickets!

I thought it was tickets to get XP in the game...

Kinda wierd they don't have that already, I feel like they could get a significant amount of money out of that.

#13 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -

I am accepting any and all donations

#14 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

Are they going to allow tents for the campers and supply modified paintball guns for the noob-tubers?

#15 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Man, fuck that. I can almost buy a somewhat decent paintball gun with that money.

#16 Edited by Sinful (211 posts) -
"Before you have a heart attack about the $150, remember that Activision's donating all of the ticket sales to the Call of Duty Endowment fund. The organization helps veterans reintegrate into society by finding them housing and jobs, providing a support network upon leaving the military."

Tax Break..nuff said.

I would rather give my 150 to the VFW.
#17 Posted by Dixego (384 posts) -
@ahaisthisourchance said:

This.
#18 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

That paintball thing sounds wicked awesome, for sure, but I'm not the one who's willing to pay $150 to go to the convention. 

You have to touch the developer's bloodstains in order to gain access to an exclusive Dark Souls preview.
#19 Posted by Brendan (7780 posts) -

The paintball aspect actually sounds pretty novel, but I would still never pay the money to attend.

#20 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@ahaisthisourchance: That's where you go to the bathroom and you got a mind flayer waiting to fuck you up in the stall.
#21 Posted by Jolber (14 posts) -

Will Giant Bomb be attending/covering this event?

#22 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

80% of the attendees die on their way into the convention centre, the rest can be seen rolling around at high speeds with nothing but a Moon Winged Spear +7 and Dark Steel Shield.

#23 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2379 posts) -

I wonder if there'll be live coverage...

#24 Edited by Helios1337 (325 posts) -

If that is a pass for two days and it includes the gun/gear rental and unlimited paintballs, it's not a bad price. Prices around here are usually 30 bucks for a couple hours, plus jumpsuit/equipment rental, plus gun upgrades, plus more paintballs and some will charge for a CO2 refill.

#25 Posted by kollay (1928 posts) -

It's a modded con, so expect some banning.

#26 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!8?8?@,&,,&,@,((;;:,??!!!!!!£)));;£))£,79.6:@.xhjxkxkcjxdkckxkckcickgzlh

#27 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Guys $150 isn't a lot if you have a thing what regularly pays you money, just saiyan.

#28 Posted by JakeTaylor (309 posts) -

I'd like to see the bombardiers get some video of this. Mostly just for that paintball stuff on the Scrapyard map, that sounds pretty cool!

#29 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

I take it no one here plays paintball, judging by the responses.

#30 Posted by rentfn (1279 posts) -

This is two days and 150. Blizzcon is 150 and two days...PAX is three days and $55. I don't get it...PAX is a million times better then both!!!

#31 Posted by aidros (237 posts) -
@rentfn: Agree so much. I would rather visit PAX instead of COD XP and Blizzcon any year!
#32 Posted by MeatSim (10835 posts) -

I would never pay that much even if I was still in to Call of Duty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.