So who is planning on buying next years (2010) COD?

#1 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
#2 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

 I'm not.  And not just because Treyarch is doing it, I probably won't buy the next Infinity Ward one either (Okay fine, I probably will, but I won't enjoy it).  
 
If I do I'll just feel like I'm getting scammed and supporting Activision's bullshit.
 
I hope Infinity Ward does something else besides COD for their next game

#3 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Personally I have to know something about a game before I decide if to buy it or not.  Acting otherwise would be idiotic, no?

#4 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" Personally I have to know something about a game before I decide if to buy it or not.  Acting otherwise would be idiotic, no? "
Well yeah, but I'm just tired of buying a call of duty game every year.  I've bought every one since COD2, and I just want to say,  "this year I didn't buy a COD game!"
#5 Posted by NeoUltima (226 posts) -

Not me, and I'll probably only rent MW3 for the single player...I play MW2 mp a lot and damn that shit is going to give me high blood pressure.

#6 Posted by MB (12432 posts) -

I probably will if it has some sort of multiplayer mode other than just strictly adversarial. Co-op in World at War was a good time.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

If it's more WWII. Nah, I'm good thanks.

#8 Posted by Bones8677 (3246 posts) -

It's not being made by Infinity Ward, so I'll just save my money for Modern Warfare 3...START GETTING HYPED!!!

#9 Posted by MetalR (422 posts) -

No, will never buy a CoD game from Treyarch again, sorry.

#10 Edited by demonbear (1859 posts) -

I wont buy it, but i'm curious about what they'll come up with. I mean what can we possibly shoot? WW2 again? Its risky, even in the pacific. Vietnam maybe? Its a hard war to sell to gamers. Iraq?  Or maybe they could go further down the WW2 Zombie path?
 
I wouldnt want to be in Treyark's shoes right now.

#11 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Nope. I refuse to purchase another Treyarch game.

#12 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Hard to answer this question cause we don't know anything about it yet.

#13 Edited by empfeix (774 posts) -

Infinity Ward is dead to me so I am hoping for the best with Treyarch.  We will see how the PC version turns out, but I am not holding my breathe.

#14 Posted by th3_king (1 posts) -

Why is everyone hating on Treyarch i mean yeah the Treyarch CoD games i mean yeah they are not as good as the ones by  Infinity Ward but they  are still very good games.

#15 Posted by LtWeight (42 posts) -

Treyarch makes better PC cod games so yeah I will.

#16 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

I probably won't because MW2 is the definitive first person shooter, and it's time people tried something new. If it's just another Call of Duty game then I will most certainly not buy it.
 
For all it's flaws I would rather buy and play something like Bionic Commando (360/PS3) again than play another Call of Duty.

#17 Posted by Warfare (1634 posts) -

I don't  buy Treyarch CoD games.

#18 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Just hearing that it's going to be Vietnam is making me love the idea!!! I want it sooo bad.

#19 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Yeah of course I'm planning on getting it. I'm tired of people criticizing the games and saying that it will be exactly like MW2, so they won't buy it because they didnt enjoy the multiplayer in MW2. Call of Duty games are generally great i think.

#20 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@CornontheCobbe said:
"Yeah of course I'm planning on getting it. I'm tired of people criticizing the games and saying that it will be exactly like MW2, so they won't buy it because they didnt enjoy the multiplayer in MW2. Call of Duty games are generally great i think. "

Exactly. I just wish for longer Story mode.
#21 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

If it's WW2, it's a maybe.  If it's Vietnam or the Korean War that would be pretty awesome and I would probably buy it. 

#22 Posted by Pazy (2581 posts) -

While I have no information about the next Call of Duty I also have no avertion to a Treyarch Call of Duty game since I enjoyed United Offensive, Cod3 (though it definately showed the short development cycle I had a lot of enjoyment) and World at War. I dont really understand the problem people have with Treyarch Call of Duty games, they arent as technically good as the Infinity Ward entries but compared to most FPS's they are pretty damn good and I actually still enjoy games in the WW2 genre (though ive probably played a billion) and still love to shoot the good old Thomson and Kar98.

#23 Posted by Jimbo (9815 posts) -

Probably, so long as it isn't ground IW have already covered.

#24 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -

It is very cheap in Russia so it's no problem for the wallet. But I was really susprised by how fun the multiplayer was and how totally CORRECT the internet masses were about the IWnet p2p hosting. Fucking sucks seriously. A lot of times you just get blueballed and feeling like quitting - for example an intense hardcore match with people enjoying it immensely on both teams, gets cut off as someone disconnects and turns out to be the game host - causing a host switch pause and then occasionally the whole match shuts down because "it couldn't find a suitable host." 
 
The single player sucked for me. Not because I am russian but because the single player mechanics in Halflife 2 and its episodes appealed a lot more to me. There is something so wooden and boring and crusty about Call of Duty shooting gallery stages. I understand other FPS's are similar they rarely feel as obvious. Ah whatever another useless rant.  
 
I already bought Bad Company 2 and will play that

#25 Posted by The_Ish (481 posts) -

I am never buying another Treyarch or Infinity Ward game. Ever. 

#26 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Depends on the setting for me. If they do the rumored vietnam thing, then i'll probably get it. I'm not interested in ww2 at all anymore though.

#27 Posted by wh1terav3n (659 posts) -

nope, it's treyarch's year so I'd pass anyways, but I'll be wrapped up in the nice warm embrace of Halo: Reach.

#28 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@josty81 said:
"I probably won't because MW2 is the most popular first person shooter, and it's time people tried something new. If it's just another Call of Duty game then I will most certainly not buy it.  For all it's flaws I would rather buy and play something like Bionic Commando (360/PS3) again than play another Call of Duty. "
fix'd
#29 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @josty81 said:
"I probably won't because MW2 is the most popular first person shooter, and it's time people tried something new. If it's just another Call of Duty game then I will most certainly not buy it.  For all it's flaws I would rather buy and play something like Bionic Commando (360/PS3) again than play another Call of Duty. "
fix'd "
Sorry, but it's both.  No correction was required.
#30 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

I passed on the last treyarch one, so I'll get this one...especially since MW2 was a big let down for me.

#31 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" @kishan6 said:
" @josty81 said:
"I probably won't because MW2 is the most popular first person shooter, and it's time people tried something new. If it's just another Call of Duty game then I will most certainly not buy it.  For all it's flaws I would rather buy and play something like Bionic Commando (360/PS3) again than play another Call of Duty. "
fix'd "
Sorry, but it's both.  No correction was required. "
if you honestly think mw2 is the best fps ever then you are sadly mistaken.  if u think its the best fps of 2009 then you are once more mistaken.  however if you think that mw2 is the most popular fps then you get a cookie. : )
#32 Edited by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I'd have to see some reviews before I made my decision.  I didn't hate WaW, so I won't just buy or skip the game based off of who is making it.

#33 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @kishan6 said:
" @josty81 said:
"I probably won't because MW2 is the most popular first person shooter, and it's time people tried something new. If it's just another Call of Duty game then I will most certainly not buy it.  For all it's flaws I would rather buy and play something like Bionic Commando (360/PS3) again than play another Call of Duty. "
fix'd "
Sorry, but it's both.  No correction was required. "
if you honestly think mw2 is the best fps ever then you are sadly mistaken.  if u think its the best fps of 2009 then you are once more mistaken.  however if you think that mw2 is the most popular fps then you get a cookie. : ) "
Waiting for the realisation team to come in...
#34 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
"  I'm not.  And not just because Treyarch is doing it, I probably won't buy the next Infinity Ward one either (Okay fine, I probably will, but I won't enjoy it).     If I do I'll just feel like I'm getting scammed and supporting Activision's bullshit.   I hope Infinity Ward does something else besides COD for their next game "
Nice attitude you have there. You'll be one of those guys that hypes it up, then will play it for 10 minutes and whine about it for the next several months. So hey, thanks in advance!
#35 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" @ArchScabby said:
"  I'm not.  And not just because Treyarch is doing it, I probably won't buy the next Infinity Ward one either (Okay fine, I probably will, but I won't enjoy it).     If I do I'll just feel like I'm getting scammed and supporting Activision's bullshit.   I hope Infinity Ward does something else besides COD for their next game "
Nice attitude you have there. You'll be one of those guys that hypes it up, then will play it for 10 minutes and whine about it for the next several months. So hey, thanks in advance! "
lol, I was just joking. 
I'm actually one of the only people who still likes MW2, or at least it seems that way on the internet.  I still play it almost every night.  It's an amazing game.
#36 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Didn't buy MW2, won't buy this one.

#37 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -

I'm saving my money for the extra special collector's edition of MW3 that comes with a gun.

#38 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

This poll is retarted, we know nothing about the game yet.
#39 Edited by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

Looking back, I actually enjoyed World at War alot despite its biggest flaw, releasing after Modern Warfare under the Call of Duty name. The feel of the older weapons was a cool break from the modern weapons of MW and the story did have some interesting set pieces. Black Cats was a particular level I still remember to this day, including that awesome music that accompanied it.
 
   

#40 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@ArchScabby: Well, that's just because idiots tend to be the most vocal. Modern Warfare 2 is a great game, without question. Anyway, I'm glad you weren't so serious, and I do understand your concern. I wish more companies would take a year off with their big franchises instead of pumping another one out each year. Think of how much better a game can be with an extra year of development.
#41 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@nrain said:
" This poll is retarted, we know nothing about the game yet. "
That was the point.  Just based on your gut reaction, to an annual game, the fact that Treyarch is making it, and Infinity Ward isn't.  A lot of opinons will probably change when there is actually info on it.  I was just asking about the answer that popped into your head as soon as you read the question.
#42 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -

If it's made by Infinity Ward? Not a chance, no matter how good it may be. I've lost all respect I used to have for them. 

Treyarc? Possibly, depending on whether or not it's another WW2 game. Don't get me wrong, I liked WaW, but I'm simply done with that setting.

#43 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

I voted no, I'll rent it or borrow it 1st.
#44 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

I'm sure something to the tune of about 9 million people will be buying the next one. 
 
I'm not one of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.