Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

What are the chances of Steam having a sale?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

Now that we're a couple of weeks away from the release of Call of Duty Black Ops. What do you think are the chances of Steam doing a sale on previous Call of Duty games? I've had my fill of hatred toward the Call of Duty series before and now I've come to realize if the game is good then why have hatred towards it. My only problem right now is that the game can't be $29.99 - 59.99 forever. That's why I'm hoping there will some sort of sale. Hopefully something more than 33% off. One can dream, right?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

Maybe in like a year. I don't think I've even seen COD4 for under $30. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I can't see Activision allowing a big sale. Your best bet would be buying the disc copy second hand, that way it would be really cheap (I bought WaW a while back for £12) and Activision get nothing.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ch13696
    @zudthespud said:
    " I can't see Activision allowing a big sale. Your best bet would be buying the disc copy second hand, that way it would be really cheap (I bought WaW a while back for £12) and Activision get nothing. "
    Oh yeah, Good idea. Time to hit up Amazon. Hopefully I can find MW2 cheap also since I would have to get it brand new to take full control of Steamworks.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

Christmas is your best bet. 

Don't buy anything on Steam until Christmas now, trust me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ch13696 said:
    " @zudthespud said:
    " I can't see Activision allowing a big sale. Your best bet would be buying the disc copy second hand, that way it would be really cheap (I bought WaW a while back for £12) and Activision get nothing. "
    Oh yeah, Good idea. Time to hit up Amazon. Hopefully I can find MW2 cheap also since I would have to get it brand new to take full control of Steamworks. "
    If you don't already have CoD 4 and WaW, I'd go for those, they had dedicated servers and all of the DLC was free. There is still a huge online community in both of the older games.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ch13696
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Christmas is your best bet.  Don't buy anything on Steam until Christmas now, trust me. "
    Oooohhhhh... too late. I just bought Burn Zombie Burn because of the Halloween sale.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ch13696
    @zudthespud said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " @zudthespud said:
    Oh yeah, Good idea. Time to hit up Amazon. Hopefully I can find MW2 cheap also since I would have to get it brand new to take full control of Steamworks. "
    If you don't already have CoD 4 and WaW, I'd go for those, they had dedicated servers and all of the DLC was free. There is still a huge online community in both of the older games. "
    Oh sweet. Now, are we talking about constantly full servers?
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yinstarrunner

I highly doubt Activision would allow a sale on Call of Duty games right before the new big title in the series comes out.  They don't want to compete with themselves.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @ch13696: It might eventually. But not for like... 6 months, at least?
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The frequency, scope and pricing of the Steam sales is determined by a number of D20 rolls Gabe Newell makes in his office every day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.