What is the best Call of Duty game to you.

  • 127 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by zackattack (1 posts) -

Which Call of Duty did you enjoy and why.  To me my favorite is Call of Duty 2 because it had good graphics, great campaign, and just a great expirence. 
#2 Posted by PillClinton (3292 posts) -

What's your favorite ice cream flavor.

#3 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -

I like the original Call of Duty because it was original.

#4 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

There's a reason 4 spawned the new wave of modern shooters. It's fucking incredible.

#5 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Uno, cause of nostalgia and because I prefer WW2 settings to present day conflict settings.

#6 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

the next one

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

There's a reason 4 spawned the new wave of modern shooters. It's fucking incredible.

This.

#8 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 is my favorite.
#9 Posted by myketuna (1731 posts) -

I'd have to go with 4. 2 coming in at a very close second.

#10 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

The one with Price in it.

#11 Posted by Marz (5666 posts) -

COD 1 on PC. 

#12 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

2 was great as well. Had a lot of fun with that game. But 4 was a watershed. For better or worse, it chanced to face of gaming.
 
It's weird, I am tiring of the CoD cycle myself, but just thinking about it makes me want to go back and play the original Modern Warfare. So many good memories with that game.

#13 Posted by PillClinton (3292 posts) -

wait, seriously? ok, then 4 for me.

#14 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 and 4 are pretty close for me, but I would have to go with 2. 

#15 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

im prob the only one to say this but call of duty 3
it was my first fps other than goldeneye and halo so I loved the campaign and multiplayer

#16 Posted by lavaman77 (567 posts) -

Call of Duty 4.

#17 Posted by bybeach (4970 posts) -

I can't quote because of GB's setup, but I agree, COD2 and 4.

#18 Posted by crimsinf (147 posts) -

I have to say 4 was my favorite of the ones I've played. Take this as you will, though, because I am not familiar with the first, second, or third. Also, I really only judge them by their single player experiences.

#19 Posted by Tharrington (145 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 easily, I sank way to many hours in to that.  All the later games just can't seem to hold my attention.

#20 Posted by AjayRaz (12457 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 was, and is still absolutely god damn incredible. it'll probably always be my favorite. 

#21 Posted by BeachThunder (12271 posts) -

Without doubt, my favourite would be the one where you shoot people.

#22 Posted by JP_Russell (1173 posts) -

Call of Duty: United Offensive.

#23 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
Without doubt, my favourite would be the one where you shoot people.

No way, Finest Hour sucked.
#24 Posted by falling_fast (2263 posts) -

4, closely followed by the original

#25 Posted by Tebbit (4480 posts) -

Gotta be 4.

#26 Posted by SaltyPancakes (110 posts) -

IW3

#27 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
Without doubt, my favourite would be the one where you shoot people.
Fuck you, that one sucked. It's all about the one where you stab people.
#28 Posted by Chris2KLee (2337 posts) -

CoD 4:MW was my favorite single player, really good story and pacing. MW2 was my favorite multiplayer CoD game.

#29 Posted by UlquioKani (1155 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2, it made amazing improvements on 4 and was overall a more polished game with better balance in multiplayer and more exciting story

#30 Edited by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

Having thought about it some more, I would rank them as such: 
 


BLOPS 
1  
MW2
Finest Hour 
3

#31 Posted by Progman9000 (258 posts) -

Original and 4 because those are the ones that made huge leaps forward for the series/genre.

#32 Posted by Curval (63 posts) -
@kermoosh said:
im prob the only one to say this but call of duty 3 it was my first fps other than goldeneye and halo so I loved the campaign and multiplayer
I liked COD3 a lot, for the little bit of time Treyarch had to put it out I think they did a great job. With that said I still have to go with COD4 as my favorite.
#33 Posted by SSully (4263 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 hands down. That game took away my summer. I have so many good memories with that game. Call of Duty 4 is close behind, i put a lot of time in that game as well.

#34 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Curval said:
@kermoosh said:
im prob the only one to say this but call of duty 3 it was my first fps other than goldeneye and halo so I loved the campaign and multiplayer
I liked COD3 a lot, for the little bit of time Treyarch had to put it out I think they did a great job. With that said I still have to go with COD4 as my favorite.
but cod 3 invented the option of throwing back a grenade, they revolutionized the series, to a certain extent
#35 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

The one with the 4.

#36 Posted by Curval (63 posts) -
@kermoosh said:
@Curval said:
@kermoosh said:
im prob the only one to say this but call of duty 3 it was my first fps other than goldeneye and halo so I loved the campaign and multiplayer
I liked COD3 a lot, for the little bit of time Treyarch had to put it out I think they did a great job. With that said I still have to go with COD4 as my favorite.
but cod 3 invented the option of throwing back a grenade, they revolutionized the series, to a certain extent
Yes it did and I do think people just don't realize Treyarch has added some stuff to the series.
#37 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Call of Duty 4.  It was truly revolutionary to shooters at the time in my opinion.  I played the campaign over and over and over and over (I'd say probably 75 or 100 hours at the very least) when my Xbox's Ethernet port broke somehow, and played days and days of the multiplayer when I got it fixed.

#38 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

either 4 or black ops. 4 was the first call of duty game that i played because it use to be a ww2 shooter journalist were complaining about too many ww2 shooters. i never got one.

#39 Posted by Xero0 (56 posts) -

cod1 and 4 for me

#40 Posted by HumanityPlague (251 posts) -

I like CoD 4 for it's single player.  MW 2 for it's multiplayer.  CoD 3, because I beat it, in a single day (and not even that).  2 was alright also, for being just another WW2 thing.

#41 Edited by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

CoD 4 was the first multiplayer experience where I didn't suck. And that campaign, pretty epic.
 
The original CoDs were shit compared to the BIA series in terms of gameplay and authenticity.

#42 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

CoD 4 in my opinion is easily the best out of all of them. I'm ashamed of how many hours I spent playing that game. Also, the All Ghillied Up mission is one of the best FPS missions ever.

#43 Posted by elitebear (74 posts) -

call of duty 4. I enjoyed the previous cod's but eventually the ww2 setting wore thin. i remember cod4's modern setting was exactly what i had been craving at the time. the variety of weapons/gear were awesome, and the perk system felt like a breath of fresh air. i played very little of mw2 and i havent touched black ops, but i do feel like the series peaked at cod4. it felt like a solid, standard modern fps whereas the following games appeared to be a clusterfuck of random wacky features.

#44 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

2, I think I preferred its multiplayer to 4's, but its very close.

#45 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -

The one with the guns.

#46 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

cod4 if i had to pick.  everything after that kinda went down hill. 
 
cod 2 close second.

#47 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Curval said:
@kermoosh said:
@Curval said:
@kermoosh said:
im prob the only one to say this but call of duty 3 it was my first fps other than goldeneye and halo so I loved the campaign and multiplayer
I liked COD3 a lot, for the little bit of time Treyarch had to put it out I think they did a great job. With that said I still have to go with COD4 as my favorite.
but cod 3 invented the option of throwing back a grenade, they revolutionized the series, to a certain extent
Yes it did and I do think people just don't realize Treyarch has added some stuff to the series.
yea but in the end infinity ward did invent most of the stuff, but its fun to defend the game
i would probably go with cod 2 or 4 also if i hadn't played cod3 first
#48 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
Call of Duty 4 was, and is still absolutely god damn incredible. it'll probably always be my favorite. 
#49 Posted by BadOrcLDR (178 posts) -

The first one. It's what really got me into online shooters, not to mention making maps. I miss those days.

#50 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
There's a reason 4 spawned the new wave of modern shooters. It's fucking incredible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.