What is your favorite "modern" Call of Duty game?

#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3321 posts) -
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

Multiplayer: Black Ops 
Single Player: Modern Warfare 2 (didn't finish CoD4 and didn't play WaW) 
Overall: Black Ops

#3 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3321 posts) -

By "modern" I mean after they added an experience system / unlocks to multiplayer, not modern in the sense of when each game was supposed to have taken place.

#4 Posted by Bollard (5022 posts) -

There is only one answer to this thread.  

I don't even need to say it.

#5 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2138 posts) -

You sure do make a lot of threads...

#6 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I lol'd at all of the suckers who said Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2.

#7 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

COD4 for both its single player and its multiplayer. Its single player is filled with so many great moments and its mutilplayer is basically the one I spent the most time with.

#8 Posted by NickBOTT (481 posts) -

COD4 Modern Warfare.

#9 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

W@W motherfuckers, because I wanna be different.  I didn't play much Cod4 because I was to busy playing Halo.  

#10 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -

Black Ops. Finally a Call of Duty game where the protagonist wasn't a floating camera.

#11 Posted by plop1920 (446 posts) -

I really really enjoyed mw2, but it was pretty unbalanced imo. CoD4 also had imbalances but they were much more tolerable!

#12 Edited by AlexW00d (6056 posts) -

World at War had Kiefer Sutherland's voice. Fuck everything else.

E: And Gary fucking Oldman.

#13 Edited by MooseyMcMan (9712 posts) -

Blops. Best story by far, and I loved the Cold War setting.  

Also, Gary Oldman. And Ice Cube. 

#14 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

i think i had the best time with Black Ops.  i never got a chance to play the first Modern Warfare game and Modern Warfare 2 was a fun experience but i was hooked on zombies at that time so i kept going back to World at War

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.