Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

Which CoD Multiplayer do you still activly play?

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atary77

When you have a series such as this that gets a new sequel on an annual basis some wonder if it's best to simply migrate like sheep to the latest game, or to stay with a previous one that we may have already invested time into. Now I don't mean to pick on anyone who may play a more recent release for all I know they may very well have started with that game as an entry point and there's nothing wrong with that. However I myself never really got into online Multiplayer in the series until CoD4: Modern Warfare. With recent releases after it I enjoyed the multiplayer as well but still found myself coming back to CoD4. A good number of my friends did as well. WE all just love it that much. Another thing that kinda blows is having to start all over again from the very bottom of the experience ladder after we invested so much time into unlocking weapons and perks for our custom classes. We've worked hard and put the man hours in to get the custom weapons and parts we want, why lose all that to start over again?

Of course for some of you folks out there ,starting over may be part of the fun and there's nothing wrong with that infact more power to you folks. However what my big question to you all is is there a particular game in this series that you feel you'd rather stick with? Do you perhaps dip your toes into multiple titles and play them all on a regular basis? Or is the Latest always the Greatest and going back to a previous game be pointless to you?

Now I want to try and keep things positive and civil around here so please do not simply tell me "because it sucks" or something bone headed like that.  I'm curious to see what the results of this could be. Originally I wanted to start a poll but seemingly can't here for some reason but oh well, input is input. But I'm rather curious about the whole "multiplayer migration" rate is on these games.

Keep it Positive people!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Raven10

The only MP Call of Duty game I played was the first one back on PC in 2003 or whatever. It was pretty awesome. I don't like playing games with screaming children.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@Raven10 said:

The only MP Call of Duty game I played was the first one back on PC in 2003 or whatever. It was pretty awesome. I don't like playing games with screaming children.

So you don't play any multiplayer games then

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

i stick with the current game, but i find myself going back to World at War to play at times. that game had some neat maps, a great soundtrack and some pretty messed up gore effects. it kind of makes me wish that we'd have another WWII game, but i think we've moved on from that. 

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Atary77
    @Raven10: I can totally agree with that. My friends and I usually only played CoD4 in  LAN matches against each other and every once in a while we'd log in online to take down fools in a group or to maybe gain some XP. But yeah having to listen to some little bastard raging through your speakers is a pain in the ass. But my buddies and I went over to CoD4 from CoD 2 mostly cause of the change of setting. We had already played many other PC WW2 based shooters before so to get something that had modern day weapons and guns was a blast!
    defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By defaultprophet

Stick with the current but until MW3 it was diminishing returns. Prestiged in 4, got like level 60 in MW2, 35ish in Blops, but honestly feeling rekindled by 3. I'm already 49 and I'm not raging or anything. It's so good.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scarace360

None.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raven10

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@Raven10 said:

So you don't play any multiplayer games then

Not unless I'm with friends. I prefer single player unless there is a group of my buddies around and then I'll play some local MP, but that is pretty much it.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raven10

@Atary77 said:

@Raven10: I can totally agree with that. My friends and I usually only played CoD4 in LAN matches against each other and every once in a while we'd log in online to take down fools in a group or to maybe gain some XP. But yeah having to listen to some little bastard raging through your speakers is a pain in the ass. But my buddies and I went over to CoD4 from CoD 2 mostly cause of the change of setting. We had already played many other PC WW2 based shooters before so to get something that had modern day weapons and guns was a blast!

I like how you completely ignored CoD 3. That game was such a disappointment. Really the only Call of Duty that blew my mind was the first one. I actually really liked the United Offensive expansion. My favorite moments from Call of Duty are from that. 4 was okay, but I didn't play it online ever, just SP. I played Spec Ops in MW2 and enjoyed that, but mostly I've stayed away from CoD MP since the first.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

None, but if you put a gun to my head and ask me to pick one, it's definitely World at War. IMO The best COD multiplayer after COD2.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Buscemi

Was I the only one that really enjoyed the third one? That was probably the first online console game that I got really into. I just loved that bug where when two people shot each other relatively close in time, they both die at the same time. Love it.

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Atary77
    @Raven10: Yeah, we skipped CoD3 cause it was Console only. Basically we all enjoyed the first, then the Second was a good improvement, and 4 blew us away. After that we weren't really impressed anymore.
    Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Atary77
    @Titus: Nothing wrong with liking CoD3 my friend after all it got good reviews for a reason. However I didn't pay much attention to it myself because it was for Consoles only and my friends and I figured we'd stick with CoD2 for our LAN games and the like.
    Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raven10

@Atary77 said:

@Raven10: Yeah, we skipped CoD3 cause it was Console only. Basically we all enjoyed the first, then the Second was a good improvement, and 4 blew us away. After that we weren't really impressed anymore.

I played the first on PC and the rest I have played on consoles. I just rent them for the SP now and ignore the MP. Just not worth it for me.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eugenesaxe

World At War. Gave away MW2, no intentions of buying any more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.