Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

Would you buy the Modern Warfare trilogy if it came to current-gen (PS4/One) and PC?

• 75 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you buy the Modern Warfare trilogy if it came to current-gen (PS4/One) and PC? (365 votes)

Yes I would. I would like it. 17%
    Hell no... I wouldn't mind buying other remastered games, but definitely not this. 28%
    Maybe, if it's done correctly. 19%
    Not only would I not want this, I don't want any more remastered editions of games! 8%
    I probably wouldn't buy it myself, but I wouldn't mind if it existed for those that would want it. 28%

If it came in one package, and it was kind of like Metro Redux, where they all looked and played pretty much the same, and then for the multiplayer, it takes the best aspects from the three and makes a definitive version of it. Personally, I would just for the campaign; I really liked the Modern Warfare campaigns. That'd be about a twelve hour experience give or take I think. Obviously, they already run in 60fps, so there'd have to be a bit more done to it to make it worth it, but yeah, I'd personally be into it. How about you? It's just a thought, and I feel I'm probably in the minority on this, but oh well.

• 
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

I sold my 360 versions of these games a long time ago. Maybe I'll get the first one on PC if it's ever on sale again because I like its campaign. I liked Modern Warfare 2 but not enough to buy it again, and I thought Modern Warfare 3 was boring.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

No thanks! But I don't care if it exists.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Was that third campaign really any good? I actually really liked the first two, but by the time MW3 came out I was burnt out on the multiplayer and didn't feel like paying $60 for that campaign. Also, no I wouldn't buy a collection, I'm not attached enough to those maps to want to go back.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd rent it to play through all the campaigns in one shot. I had fun with them once and enhanced visuals would be fun again.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I voted the "Hell no..." option. I have no interest in a remastered Modern Warfare trilogy, though I wouldn't mind other games getting the remaster treatment.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

That first Modern Warfare game was pretttty good, but even there, I don't think I'm going to play it again.

Were the visuals compromised on last-gen consoles? They all seemed like games built from the ground up for that architecture.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was just talking about this with my friend the other day. He's a huge (HUGE) fan of MW2 so he'd buy it and play it all the time. I'd probably buy it so we could play.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Why would anyone mind if this exists?

I wouldn't buy it, but I imagine it'd be nice for CoD:MW fans if it did.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By octaslash

Not really. They still look and play great. Hell, every version on every console still has an active player base. I can still boot up any Call of Duty game on Steam and find a multiplayer game with no problems.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

I'd buy it solely for Modern Warfare 2's story mode. The rest is just a bonus

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I think these games have had their time in the spotlight and I really want to see the FPS genre evolve, or at least move on to a different franchise. Theres no question that the Modern Warfare series was revolutionary, but it's time for a change.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

No. I stopped caring about COD after MW2. And even then I barely cared about it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd pay 20 bucks for a remastered CoD 4 but I didn't like MW2 and I have no interest to play MW3.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

Nah. I wouldn't mind if it existed, but I have no desire to play through those games again, especially MW3.

I got rid of all but the first MW a long time ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the first Modern Warfare came out it was a revelation as to how FPS games could be made, it was unlike anything else at the time and was released in a world stuck in world war 2 fever. MW2 was dumb fun at the time, but took the set pieces a bit too far and the impact declined significantly, MW3 comes out and I didn't give a shit because I played soooo many spectacle modern military shooters that I grew bored of them.

As much as I enjoyed the first 2 games at the time I feel I will be bored of them now and don't think my urge to play something like that again won't come back for a long time.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not for me, thanks. The only cod I wish would still have a decent community/be on current consoles is Black Ops 2. In my mind it is easily the best cod game ever made. The multiplayer feels better than any of the others, all of the LMGs, SMGs, Assaul Rifles and Snipers are useable to me. The secondaries are good, but not overpowered. The killstreaks and perks both feel good.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nah. Those games are still completely playable on the old systems. The 60 fps goes a long way. The multiplayer communities might be dead, but the newer games offer a similar enough experience in their multiplayer that I don't really care about going back.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Nope because A) I didn't buy the trilogy to begin with and B) I would never buy it for a console without M&KB support.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, they are putting out new Call of Duty games still every year, and those are an evolution of what already exists, so I see no reason to re-buy older games in the series, besides they are still totally playable on the old systems with 60 FPS and all that (although the first Modern Warfare looks fairly primitive).

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

At a discount, I'd absolutely buy it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By penguindust

I might buy the Black Ops duology if it came to PS4/XBO, but I have zero interest in a MW re-package. I've played the first two MW games and have no desire to play the third. However, I've heard good things about Black Ops single player campaign which is why I'd be open to an "HD" (so to speak) update of that branch of the franchise. Having said all this, COD Advanced Warfare drops in November and it's the first game since MW2 that has my attention. Why worry about the past when the future has robots and jetpacks?

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they re-released 4 then yes. Had the most balanced and fun multiplayer. Damn shame all it is is hackers now. Been that way a while though. Such a good MP game though.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe for a fiver or something.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I have CoD 1, 2 & 4 instead?

EwanSuttie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really love Modern Warfare and had great time with the first game between 2007-09 however I feel the Zeitgeist that surrounded it was more important than the game itself, and that place in time can't just be reproduced with an updated version.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust: Black Ops 2 still looks fantastic (way better than Ghosts does) and runs really well on high even on laptops.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stonyman65

Nope. They'd be better off just adding those old maps to newer games. Everyone who wanted to play those games already own them and have moved on to other games. This is a terrible idea.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

At this point, I would only buy a remaster of the Arkham games. I love those games and I cannot wait for Arkham Knight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they Remaster each one and all the guns and maps from each game find there way into a singular multi player mode. IE: not 3 separate multi player selections, just one, with all the maps and guns from all 3 games re-balanced. That I would buy.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they fix the fish AI

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#31 fisk0  Moderator

Personally I'm kinda of the opinion that those games already feel aged. But, sure, some people would probably buy it. If they were super discounted I could possibly pick them up myself some day, but I only kinda enjoyed COD4, and was actively disliking MW2 and onwards.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By HeyGuys

I think Activision is well aware that they need to move on from Modern Warfare.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nasar7

I might be persuaded to buy a remastered version of CoD4 for, say, 10-15 bucks. Don't care about the other two.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should just put out Call of Duty 2 again.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

They should just put out Call of Duty 2 again.

You are correct sir.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much i enjoyed the MP in MW1 and enjoyed the campaign in the 3 i don't have any interest in replaying those campaigns and the MP would be dead pretty dead because the hardcore fans would move to whatever new COD is out.

Wouldn't buy it myself but i have absolutely nothing against "definitive" editions or "remasters" or whatever because i prefer console gaming and if you sell a better version of a game i love i will buy it.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I love the first 2 but those games aren't old enough to be remastered and the newer Call Of Duty's are similiar enough that you can still get that experience. Maybe in like 10 more years.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I've never had an attachment to the campaigns even when I was actually actively buying the games.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If I can get a game that has 3 times the story of any single game plus some kind of multiplayer. Sounds like something I would buy. I have ps4 and other than destiny no real go to yet for multiplayer shooter.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

It hasn't been nearly long enough for something like that to do well.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrHadouken

Just Modern Warfare 4, that's it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I would not want or need it, but other people might. To be honest, I don't see the point of having multiplayer for each game in such a collection. What would be interesting would be all the missions and narratives remastered under one engine, and then multiplayer brought under one rule set with all the maps remastered under that rule set.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would be interesting would be all the missions and narratives remastered under one engine, and then multiplayer brought under one rule set with all the maps remastered under that rule set.

That's what I think.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#46  Edited By Y2Ken

Yeah, I'd be down for that. I played some MW2 multiplayer last year (on PC, as it happened) and it's still fun. Really all I want though is for those communities to be active enough to get decent games of them, rather than an updated version of the game. In fact, I wouldn't want to have all the MP play the same. In an ideal world, you could pick the MW1, 2, or 3 style of multiplayer and then it would have access to any of the maps from all three games regardless of which you chose. For as much as I and others love to chastise CoD for being "the same every year", those games all have rather different feels and nuances to their class/levelling systems. I wouldn't want to lose any of them, they've all got individual charm to me.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By Evilsbane

As someone who has enjoyed plenty of Call of Duty, I have played and enjoyed the campaigns this is literally the last thing I would want.

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By novadth

I said yes just because I'd love to go back to COD 4.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have MW1 and MW2 on PC and I didn't like MW3 all that much. I can't imagine what they would do to a PC re-release to make it any better.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicejanitor: Port it to a newer version of the engine that doesn't look terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.