Jeff's prediction came true!

#1 Edited by MrWoks (37 posts) -

After the random video selection tool was added to the front page, i found myself watching the quick look for " Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood" again . Within the first few minutes of the video, Jeff predicts the setting and events of the new title: " Call of Juarez: the cartel". Quite incredible considering how sarcastic their take on his foresight is!

#2 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

What were his predictions again?  I've forgotten.

#3 Posted by Droop (1868 posts) -

Some tips for posting stuff like this. 
 
Link to video. 
Actually write out what Jeff predicted. 
 
That way everyone wont have to go find the video and watch until we know what you're talking about.

#4 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

I don't know what you're talking about.

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

Having watched and listened to a lot of legacy content, I can say that Jeff makes a ton of random-ass remarks that end up being things later on. It's kind of crazy.

#6 Posted by MrWoks (37 posts) -
@Droop: " Within the first few minutes of the video, Jeff predicts the setting and events of the new title: "Call of Juarez: the cartel" That sentence right there pretty much explains it...
#7 Posted by Droop (1868 posts) -
@MrWoks: Not if you have no idea what The Cartel is about.
#8 Posted by Ramone (2966 posts) -

@MrWoks said:

@Droop: " Within the first few minutes of the video, Jeff predicts the setting and events of the new title: "Call of Juarez: the cartel" That sentence right there pretty much explains it...

Are you referring to the bit where he says: 'The first game, of course, taking place in modern day'? Because if so, that's weak

#9 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -
@Droop said:
Some tips for posting stuff like this.  Link to video. Actually write out what Jeff predicted.  That way everyone wont have to go find the video and watch until we know what you're talking about.
This^^ But yes, semi call :)
#10 Edited by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

@Droop: New modern-day sequel to Call of Juarez in development by Techland (dudes who made the originals; also working on Dead Island) about harsh justice border patrollers fighting drug cartels.

Actually, come to think of it, both this and Brothers in Arms are Ubisoft games, and both are taking really sharp turns in terms of tone. You have to wonder how much publisher influence is coming into play here.

#11 Posted by JacDG (2124 posts) -

Jeff has many different kraaazy mind powers, some of which allows him to foresee the future and shoot mind bullets, nothing new here.

#12 Edited by MrWoks (37 posts) -
@Jonny7892: Not really, considering how unlikely it is that you would set a Call of Juarez game (the first two being deeply set in Americas past) in the present day. I think that reflects on just how odd and crude the new games trailers look, and the very cold reception they seem to be receiving.
#13 Posted by DonChipotle (2750 posts) -

When I heard that Ray was in it I wanted some crazy ass plot involving time travel. It's never time travel.

#14 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

When I heard that Ray was in it I wanted some crazy ass plot involving time travel. It's never time travel.

Wait, what?

#15 Posted by rmanthorp (3944 posts) -

Whut.

Moderator
#16 Posted by DonChipotle (2750 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@VelvetLore04 said:

When I heard that Ray was in it I wanted some crazy ass plot involving time travel. It's never time travel.

Wait, what?

In Call of Juarez: The Cartel, one of the characters is Ray. But instead of being the same Ray from the other Juarez games it is just one of his descendants. I was secretly wishing it was the same guy that somehow traveled through time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.