Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 21, 2013

The fourth entry in Techland's Call of Juarez franchise returns to an American Old West setting, telling the story of bounty hunter Silas Greaves.

Suprisingly good amount of buzz on this Juarez

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maskedarcstrike

Been hearing a ton of good things about this being the best Call of Juarez yet. I'm downloading the demo right now but was wondering if any of you other duders have tried it/purchased it and what your impressions were.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Played the trial, really enjoyed it. Will be buying points for it tomorrow, infinitely better than The Cartel

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Call of Juarez = Decent game, good ideas.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood = Great game, very underrated.

Call of Juarez: The Cartel = Complete and utter shit

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger = Great game, lots of fun.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I have bought and I completed it.
    It's a way more arcade-y game and it has a fun story and gameplay to go along with it.

It goes back to the good old CoJ games, Western Themed and all that lovely stuff and just bumps it up to 10(not 11, never go to 11)
    It is a shorter game than the previous games, obviously, but for 15 bucks (or whatever it might be in your region) it's totally worth it if you're into the whole Arcade-shooter type gameplay where you level up your dude and just have fun.

Terrible at english and writing mini-"reviews" in english is even worse for me.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten: Seems really short if you've finished it already. How long would you say it is? 5 - 6 hours?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

@razielcuts:

Not "already". It came out on the 22nd at 7pm where I live
    It's currently the 23rd and 11pm.
    But because of how easy Normal mode was I blasted through it in like 4 hours, I think, which is very short, but I didn't feel let down or sad about it because it was fun all the way through.

You level up and unlock different skills and you can then just New Game+ it and have fun on Hard or "True West" difficulty if you feel like it.
    Play around in Arcade Mode or just do all the Duels again in a seperate mode.

For the price it's not too short, in my opinion, of course.
    But that's probably just because I had fun with the gameplay and the story is actually really well done and kinda goofy (In a good way!)

Edit:
    Sorry, if I'm just going in circles, not used to doing this in english at all, explaining why I like stuff.
    Maybe I should just do the internet thing and tell everyone that they suck if they don't like what I like :P

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@zeforgotten: Thanks for the impressions, just played the demo and really enjoyed it. Plan on picking it up. I like the goofy story as well from what I saw and man gunshots sound freaking amazing.

edit: I really liked the dueling mechanic as well.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I am really enjoying my time with it.

The narration is great (and the gameplay mechanics that come with it), the story is fun, the gameplay stands up with other FPS's, and the art style is super cool. The duels are kinda wonky, but are alright in the end. Definitely recommend it. Especially since it's only $15.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.