Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 21, 2013

The fourth entry in Techland's Call of Juarez franchise returns to an American Old West setting, telling the story of bounty hunter Silas Greaves.

Your choice at the end? (Spoilers)

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Your choice at the end? (Spoilers) (40 votes)

Revenge: Fill that varmint with lead! 53%
    Redemption: Let him ride off into the sunset? 48%

So I'm a little curious what everyone else chose at the end of this (rather impressive and totally rad as hell) game. I chose revenge as sort of a gut reaction. I felt like this Greaves character would have had no choice at this point than to come full circle on this thing and validate every single murder he'd ever committed throughout the game. Though that's a shit ton of validating. The whole thing is ridiculous already so it's hard to even consider the emotional impact of something like this, but the writing is actually really good and for the brief time I spent with the game I grew to like Greaves and the rest of the patrons. So I did actually give a damn about the way it all turned out. I hear that the Redemption ending is more satisfying but I haven't seen it yet, I was satisfied with the Revenge one though. It seemed to fit the story. Greaves was a pretty bitter guy the whole time, albeit with a pretty jovial sense of humor.

So let's hear it guys and gals, what did you do? And would you care to explain why?

• 
    PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should also clarify quickly that I'm looking for your first choice, not really which one you prefer. Although you could state that if you feel like it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

First time I shot him, then did the other one just to see it. Can't pick which one I prefer since I don't really remember either very well.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Redemption. Been a long time since I played it, but as I recall, the guy didn't seem like a bad dude anymore. Playing as Silas I figured there'd be at least 10 people on the hunt for me because of the people I'd killed in my past, and I'd like them to do the same and spare me when the tables would inevitably turn.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By YI_Orange

Revenge. He may not have been a bad buy anymore, but I didn't consider Greaves to be a good guy. Plus, it would have felt really dumb to go through all that to just let the last guy go. Great game though.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Pretty sure I picked Redemption.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
    ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did both but i believe i got revenge the first time, it just fits better.

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PolyesterKyle

Judging by the results I think it's pretty cool that there doesn't seem to be an accepted "right answer". The achievements on steam told a similar story around the time the game came out. It was just about 50/50 like this. Sweet!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

If I recall I picked revenge. Simply because at that point I didn't believe in redemption of that character. You killed so so many people in pursuit up to that point just to achieve your goal, in my eyes there was no redemption. Not putting the bullet in the last guy just felt completely disingenuous after all that led up to that, a hollow gesture.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Redemption for me. Not sure why.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.