So how the heck do you beat the dragon?

#1 Edited by cmblasko (1354 posts) -

I've been stuck on him for awhile now. Best I've done so far is get him down to around 650 health. Do I just need to get more health or a more powerful sword? Should I be using certain scrolls?

#2 Edited by rastoad (3 posts) -

Just takes time. Keep eating candies and upgrading your sword. I found that the teleportation scroll works real well, teleport out when your health is low, heal up, rinse repeat. I think I beat him at around 970 health with the summoning sword, don't know what level.

#3 Edited by Wormy22 (78 posts) -

I did it by using an invulnerability potion as I got close and then using a teleport scroll as soon as a ran out and then another after the cool-down. Repeat as necessary, took me 3 potions.

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Using a seed after teleporting can help offset the delay between chugging invincibility potions.

#5 Edited by Benny (1955 posts) -

@wormy22 said:

I did it by using an invulnerability potion as I got close and then using a teleport scroll as soon as a ran out and then another after the cool-down. Repeat as necessary, took me 3 potions.

Did exactly this, proud to say I figured it out on my own too. Had to look up some tips to defeat myself though, not quite so obvious.

#6 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

I did the damage sponge route of building up about 1800 health. The tank in me said this was the most viable option for this fight and whatever would come next.

Candy Box has more gameplay variety than Far Cry 3. Deal with that.

#8 Edited by psylah (2187 posts) -

P.S.: If you run into ghosts along the way to the dragon, just escape-potion out and restart. It takes too long and is too costly to get all that health back before the dragon.

#9 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

The dev owes me a piece of candy!

#10 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

The dev owes me a piece of candy!

I owe the deg a piece of candy, I've been "playing" for weeks.

"You have eaten 72384238 candies!"

#11 Edited by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

@psylah: nah, just use a imp scroll or a clone potion. Either one will kill the ghosts.

#12 Posted by mosespippy (4468 posts) -

@psylah: @sexytoad: I think I remember killing an entire screen of ghosts with an acid rain scroll. Or maybe it was whatever is on the stairs.

#13 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

@mosespippy: that would work as well, but I think that damages te player as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.