Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released August 2001

Capcom's final entry with their collaboration with SNK, adding a variety of new fighters and a six-button layout while completely revamping both the "Ratio" team building system and the "Groove" gameplay style system.

How is the ps2 classic version on psn?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

So this game just came out as a ps2 classic on psn.

Does anyone know how the emulation is? I wanna buy it but wanna make sure it's a good port.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Same as PS2 disc, couple of frames of lag. Still playable but not optimal.

KamranAGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why release such a fantastic game as a bare-bones port only...

We want a proper HD Online re-release!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I own a copy on ps2 and the new port and both are the same. I believe the port does some upscaling with the ps3 hardware but I believe that's it. Probably the reason why they released it bare bones was because they realized people who are fans will still probably buy the game even if they do release it bare bones and those who are not won't, I'd probably look at the Jojo's Bizarre adventures release last year as reference. I also have to wonder if this might be a way for Capcom to get a gauge of how popular this series is there have been rumors kicking around that the 5th character in the new SF IV Ultra game is an SNK character so this might be early signs of a possibility of a new Capcom vs. SNK 3 game. My theory anyways.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Barrabas

Probably the reason why they released it bare bones was because they realized people who are fans will still probably buy the game even if they do release it bare bones and those who are not won't, I'd probably look at the Jojo's Bizarre adventures release last year as reference.

I doubt that's the reason. The difference is no one was asking for JoJo's, but people have wanted a proper re-release of CvS2 with online play badly. It's up there with Third Strike and MvC2, and those both got re-releases with online play. I'm guessing we aren't seeing a proper re-release of CvS2 with added features is because it would require re-licensing with SNK and that isn't happening for whatever reason.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kamranagm: It's not a port. It's the exact same PS2 game running on an emulator, same as all PSOne and PS2 Classics.

KamranAGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrabas said:
    @i_stay_puft said:

Probably the reason why they released it bare bones was because they realized people who are fans will still probably buy the game even if they do release it bare bones and those who are not won't, I'd probably look at the Jojo's Bizarre adventures release last year as reference.

I doubt that's the reason. The difference is no one was asking for JoJo's, but people have wanted a proper re-release of CvS2 with online play badly. It's up there with Third Strike and MvC2, and those both got re-releases with online play. I'm guessing we aren't seeing a proper re-release of CvS2 with added features is because it would require re-licensing with SNK and that isn't happening for whatever reason.

I really wish people would stop spreading misinformation about SNK.

SNK has stated on numerous recent occasions within the past 3 years that they are ready and willing to work with Capcom again. Licensing is not an issue with SNK as they have licensed their characters to other companies more than 3 times in just the past 2 years.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Barrabas

@barrabas said:
    @i_stay_puft said:

I really wish people would stop spreading misinformation about SNK.

SNK has stated on numerous recent occasions within the past 3 years that they are ready and willing to work with Capcom again. Licensing is not an issue with SNK as they have licensed their characters to other companies more than 3 times in just the past 2 years.

I didn't say it was SNK's fault. All I said is it wasn't happening for whatever reason. That could just as easily be Capcom doing something stupid, or not going after it for whatever reason. I'm just sure if they did still have it they would probably release a version of CvS2 with online play.

KamranAGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrabas: Okay sorry about that, I just see wrongful blame dumped on SNK way too much in Capcom vs SNK 3 discussions.

This thread collects all the recent times SNK has stated they want to work with Capcom again: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/126575/mvc3-sfiv-kofxiii-producers-mention-cvs3-we-want-cvs2hd-online-edition-and-capcom-vs-snk-3-please

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Ono was watching a bit of KOF pools at EVO this year...

KamranAGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thephantomnaut: Very interesting, thanks for the tidbit.

He has expressed interest and praise for KoF13 before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.