Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capcom

Company »

Capcom is a well-known Japanese game developer and publisher, formerly known as Capsule Computing. They are responsible for such franchises as Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Onimusha.

Awesome Ideas #1: Mega Man Movie Advertisements

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Romination

Just a little intro to this idea. Sometimes, I get great ideas for trailers or...ideas, and I figure that when I get an especially good one, I might as well share it. I got a few ideas already, I'll start with what I feel is the best one.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The teaser starts out as the Mega Man 2 opening. Really, this is just in terms of visuals and musical stylings. The text at the bottom just says "In the year 200x..." (i suppose they could insert the year of the movie's release here) and then the camera starts slowly panning up, then faster, and as it goes, the image changes from adorable 8-bit to a high-definition skyscraper facade, the city in the background engulfed in flames, and the music from an NES sound to a more contemporary Anamanaguchi sound (mix of chiptunes and real instruments). The fire creates a shadow that casts itself over Mega Man so that all we can see is his legs (so as to leave a bit of mystery for the final design to later ads), but we still see a silhouette. The head-part turns toward the camera, it cuts out, and the audience is left wondering if it was all just a fever dream or not.

The follow up trailer would show Dr. Light building Mega Man. Just quick flashes of him lugging things around, turning bolts, inserting things into other things, and then it ends with him at his control panel, flipping a switch and looking up. The camera pans over and zooms in so that all we can see are Mega Man's closed eyes. Dr. Light's voice carries in "Do you read me, Mega Man?" and at the words "Mega Man", the  eyes open and it fades out to a title screen.

When the movie would come out though, none of that would be in it. These are all the background of Mega Man you need-he was built by Dr. Light and is a robot. The idea of Wily and the robots should be introduced in the movie though-those are too important to risk an unseen trailer.

Uh...I'm not at all sure how this'll go (all my other blogs crash and burn and one got me expelled from a school), but how do you think it sounds? Anything else you'd like me to make awesome in some way? I got a few ideas already, but I could always go for more (and responses might also open my door to making new and smarter blogses! What could hurt?!)

Later.

-Rom

PS: Enjoy if you haven't already.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Romination

Just a little intro to this idea. Sometimes, I get great ideas for trailers or...ideas, and I figure that when I get an especially good one, I might as well share it. I got a few ideas already, I'll start with what I feel is the best one.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The teaser starts out as the Mega Man 2 opening. Really, this is just in terms of visuals and musical stylings. The text at the bottom just says "In the year 200x..." (i suppose they could insert the year of the movie's release here) and then the camera starts slowly panning up, then faster, and as it goes, the image changes from adorable 8-bit to a high-definition skyscraper facade, the city in the background engulfed in flames, and the music from an NES sound to a more contemporary Anamanaguchi sound (mix of chiptunes and real instruments). The fire creates a shadow that casts itself over Mega Man so that all we can see is his legs (so as to leave a bit of mystery for the final design to later ads), but we still see a silhouette. The head-part turns toward the camera, it cuts out, and the audience is left wondering if it was all just a fever dream or not.

The follow up trailer would show Dr. Light building Mega Man. Just quick flashes of him lugging things around, turning bolts, inserting things into other things, and then it ends with him at his control panel, flipping a switch and looking up. The camera pans over and zooms in so that all we can see are Mega Man's closed eyes. Dr. Light's voice carries in "Do you read me, Mega Man?" and at the words "Mega Man", the  eyes open and it fades out to a title screen.

When the movie would come out though, none of that would be in it. These are all the background of Mega Man you need-he was built by Dr. Light and is a robot. The idea of Wily and the robots should be introduced in the movie though-those are too important to risk an unseen trailer.

Uh...I'm not at all sure how this'll go (all my other blogs crash and burn and one got me expelled from a school), but how do you think it sounds? Anything else you'd like me to make awesome in some way? I got a few ideas already, but I could always go for more (and responses might also open my door to making new and smarter blogses! What could hurt?!)

Later.

-Rom

PS: Enjoy if you haven't already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.