Capcom's Sales & Earnings Up Thanks To Monster Hunter Tri On Wii

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Capcom's sales and earnings are up. An earnings statement issued by Capcom shows sales for the first half of the fiscal year (April 1 through September 30) at 38,892 million yen, up 24.5% over the same period the year prior. Operating profit is also up 33.1% to 5,476 million yen.

According to the Osaka gaming giant, the main reason for the increased sales and earnings was Monster Hunter Tri on Nintendo Wii, which it noted as becoming the first Wii third party game to reach well over a million units domestically.  

Capcom also pointed out strong repeat sales performance for Resident Evil 5 and Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, both of which were released in past terms.

For the company's consumer games business, sales for the six month period were up 68.3% over the same period last year to 16,486 million yen. Profits were up 100.7% to 3,637 million yen.

Aside from Monster Hunter Tri, other strong performers include DS's Gyakuten Kenji (Ace Attorney Investigations) and PSP's Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes.

The company did however point out some negative performances. Outside of Japan, Bionic Commando (Xbox 360, PS3) failed to sell as predicted, and its multiplatform title Dark Void has slipping to the latter half of the fiscal year. (-January release)

For the full year ending March 2010, Capcom expects sales of 95,000 million yen and operating profits of 15,500 million yen.  

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378301

#2 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -

No mention of console sf4 sales. hmm

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
@fRAWRst: I know that SFIV has sold at least 2 million worldwide.
#4 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Good to know.

#5 Edited by kagekage (704 posts) -

Nice to hear Monster Hunter is thriving on the Wii.  Loved and still love it on the PSP.
Still wish that it had come to PS3 too. :(

#6 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -
@JJOR64: Thats great news, im a huge fighting game fan and more street fighter money for developers can only make me happy.
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
@fRAWRst: Same for me, that's why I own SFIV on 360 and PC.  :P
#8 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@fRAWRst said:
" @JJOR64: Thats great news, im a huge fighting game fan and more street fighter money for developers can only make me happy. "

@JJOR64
said:
" @fRAWRst: Same for me, that's why I own SFIV on 360 and PC.  :P "

You should buy the PS3 version also.

All your money is going to a great cause...
#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: If I had an arcade stick for my PS3, I would.
#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @Linkyshinks: If I had an arcade stick for my PS3, I would. "

You could save yourself the expense and get one of these on Amazon. There's no substitute for another Joystick / TE of course:

#11 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

"According to the Osaka gaming giant, the main reason for the increased sales and earnings was Monster Hunter Tri on Nintendo Wii, which it noted as becoming the first Wii third party game to reach over a million units domestically."

Sweet. I guess that just shows how inaccurate the Media Create sales / Famitsu sales are in the end because according to them the game's still at around over 900k sold or something, with people over at GAF still debating if the game will achieve 1m by the end of the year. It has :-D
#12 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@fRAWRst said:
No mention of console sf4 sales. hmm
@Linkyshinks said:
An earnings statement issued by Capcom shows sales for the first half of the fiscal year (April 1 through September 30)
SF4 came out 2 months before this report, so a good chunk of the sales would have been in last report.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.