Do you think Capcom is making too many vs games?

#1 Edited by msavo (7523 posts) -

It seems that lately Capcom has really been pumping out the vs fighting games. Marvel vs Capcom 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Street Fighter X Tekken and vice versa with Tekken X Street Fighter (I know Namco is making that one but I just thought I'd add it). Do you think after this round of vs games Capcom should stop while it's ahead or should they keep on putting their characters in vs fighting games?

#2 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -

2 is not too many

#3 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Capcom was exactly like that in the past, so no. They are giving their fans what they want.

#4 Posted by Redbullet685 (5981 posts) -

Vs are great games, so no.

#5 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

So that makes like 4 Vs. games coming out in the span of 3 or 4 years. That doesn't seem to bad kinda reasonable actually.
Personally I want more make Capcom vs. Sitcom stars of the 80's.  I bet my team of ALF, Guile, and Mr. Belvedere will be unstoppable.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (22752 posts) -

I don't think so.  TvC was released earlier this year, MvC3 won't be released  until sometime next year, and Street Fighter X Tekken won't be released until the year after that at the earliest.

#7 Posted by Soapy86 (2599 posts) -

I'm excited for MvC3, but yes, I think they're beginning to make too many. Meaning there aren't too many right now, but if they stay on this path there definitely will be. And I think that's unfortunate. Capcom brought fighting games back in vogue with Street Fighter IV, and now it seems they're content to flood the market with them again and possibly relegate the genre to very niche audience again.

#8 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

Of course not, I hope it keeps going until they run out of good things to pitch themselves against and we end up with Capcom vs Digimon or Capcom vs US Presidents. 
Then I will say they have gone too far.
#9 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -
@WoodenPlatypus said:
" Of course not, I hope it keeps going until they run out of good things to pitch themselves against and we end up with Capcom vs Digimon or Capcom vs US Presidents. Then I will say they have gone too far. "
Digimon is certainly too far but US Presidents might be the closest thing we get to Lincoln Force.
#10 Posted by Yummylee (20625 posts) -

Hell nawww. They still need to release their Darkstalkers vs Soul Calibur!

#11 Posted by RecSpec (3683 posts) -

Namco is making Tekken X Street Fighter, not Capcom. You know this, yet you still act like Capcom is behind it. 
You NEED both of those games to make that crossover work. You can't just have one or the other.

The answer to your question is they aren't making enough DarkStalkers games.

#12 Posted by GunstarRed (4746 posts) -

No, but I think people will tire of fighting games again before we get a Darkstakers...which makes me sad.
#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4862 posts) -

No.

#14 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Nope, I want more "VS" games.  I still want to see Disney vs Dead or Alive.

#15 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

No?

#16 Posted by C2C (831 posts) -

Nope, 

Heck I wouldn't even be mad if they made another Capcom VS SNK.

#17 Posted by DXmagma (317 posts) -

everyone loves versus games, and coupled with the great fighting games capcom makes why not?

#18 Posted by ZeroCast (1870 posts) -

#19 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

More fighting games = good. The community needs to grow larger.

#20 Posted by Druminator (1666 posts) -

The only one I want is Capcom X Mortal Kombat.

#21 Posted by MikkaQ (10227 posts) -

This is good, actually, it's been a while since we've got any vs games in regular fashion. 

#22 Posted by PatrickCrider (25 posts) -

Is doesn't matter how many of them there are, as long as there good, you know?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.