Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Captain America: Super Soldier

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 19, 2011

Tying in to the 2011 film Captain America: The First Avenger, Super Soldier tells a side-story where the ultra-patriotic Steve Rogers takes the fight to the villainous HYDRA organization during World War II.

Captain America Tie-In Game Announced

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

Sega previously announced that they are creating games to tie in with the upcoming Captain America and Thor movies.  They announced some first details about Captain America: Super Soldier today, as Joystiq reports.  The Joystiq story has a few early images, so it's worth checking out.

There's scant details to go on, but it sounds like they're going for an Arkham Asylum-type vibe.  If the game matches the description given by Joystiq, it will be contained to a castle being used as a Hydra base.  So you'd expect that, like Arkham Asylum, you'll have to figure out how to navigate around the castle by gaining new equipment or unlocking other paths.  If that's the case, it could be very interesting, though I'm not going to let myself get hyped up for a movie tie-in game.  They typically overpromise and underdeliver.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I love some some Captain America, so a game focused solely towards him is criminally awesome.

maimran91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By maimran91

It's gonna suck

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan

The biggest problem I can think of concerning it aping AA's style is that Arkham Asylum is recognizable and interesting. Some random Hydra castle....not so much.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

They've got a hot Madame Hydra and some crazy ass science experiments going on.  That's all I needed to know.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By carlthenimrod

Sega? Uh-oh...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.