Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cargo Commander

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 01, 2012

A 2D sidescroller "action platform" roguelike game from small Netherlands developer Serious Brew, in which players jump and drill through cubic cargo containers in space as the eponymous Cargo Commander.

Played it for a bit. Seems interesting.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By D_W

I knew I had to pick up this game from the trailers. It looked like it would going to be a randomly generated Metroid-vania. Unfortunately that was not exactly the case. This game has a high score focus and progression system which is a bit disappointing though its still a fun game that I don't regret buying. Once again I did another of my faux-quicklooks which can be viewed here:

The progression system is really the only thing that bugs me about the game. It makes players have to play a lot of it to generally get the high scores. Of course if you're skilled/lucky enough you'll be able to get a high score and it seems that everything that the system unlocks can be gained through the once-per-life upgrades during regularly play. I don't know... after typing that out I'm not nearly as bothered by it and am actually coming around to it as a design choice. Regardless this game would work well as something to play while listening to a podcast, etc.

Has anyone else checked it out?

thejams1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thejams1138

I've played it for a bit too, its really fun in that pseudo-rogue-like kinda way. You unlock journey mode at level 6, in which the undefined time limit is taken away and the focus switched purely to survival and getting rare loot.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By D_W

@thejams1138: I not sure which mode I like more. I certainly better at the wave based mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.