Am I the only one who is legitimately impressed with this game?

• 58 results
#1 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

My semester ends tomorrow after I take 2 finals.

I plan on playing this game. 

Who is with me?!?! 

I love my job. 
#2 Posted by csl316 (7986 posts) -

This game, in some weird, primal way... scares the living fuck outta me.

#3 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

I'm not going to lie.

This game frightens me.
#4 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I thought it looked quite good but it seems just so weird but not in a bad way, just a way thats weird if you know what I mean. I was impressed for a Russian game made in an apartment, except for the womans voice that was bad.

#5 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

I doubt I'll ever play it, it freaks me out just looking at it

#6 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

I'm with ya. Can't afford the game right now though, and I have a couple of upcoming exams next month...

I just have a thing for weird games, and the quick look was amazing, really showed how crazy the game is. You might want to check out the developer's previous game, The Void.
#7 Posted by Sparklykiss (1938 posts) -

I already have so many planned purchases. I'd like to sneak this one in because it's just so fascinating to me. I may pick it up. It's currently on the "We'll See" list.

#8 Posted by EveretteScott (1444 posts) -
@abdo said:
" I'm with ya. Can't afford the game right now though, and I have a couple of upcoming exams next month...

I just have a thing for weird games, and the quick look was amazing, really showed how crazy the game is. You might want to check out the developer's previous game, The Void.
"
It's all about Pathologic for me.
#9 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

Little crazy naked aged babies that you kick for fun?

no thanks!
#10 Posted by Lelcar (597 posts) -

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.

#11 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I'm going to wait until some GB user inevitably plays through all of it and posts their thoughts on the game as a whole.

#12 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

This game scares me, dude.

#13 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

Put it in a steam sale and I'm in.

#14 Posted by Edmundus (254 posts) -

This game looked hilarious. If I had a better PC I'd definitely get it.

#15 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

The Banjo Kazooie vehicle building aspect of it is what appeals to me the most.  I'd like to see more gameplay around that to see just how much you can customize your stuff, if at all really, or if there are only a half a dozen combinations to go with.

It's a neat looking game to be sure tho.

#16 Posted by Hailinel (23698 posts) -

This game is terrifying.  I think Jeff was right in suggesting that it's what we'll see when we die.

#17 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I bought a couple of those indie packs over Christmas, including the horror pack. That was enough fucked up indie weirdness for AT LEAST a year.

#18 Edited by Animasta (14643 posts) -

This game seems boring compared to their previous games :P

boom

still crazy though

#19 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Laketown: Holy shit. That is exactly the game that I was thinking of when I posted, I had no idea it was them. DEFINITELY too much fucked up indie weirdness.
#20 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Laketown: Holy shit. That is exactly the game that I was thinking of when I posted, I had no idea it was them. DEFINITELY too much fucked up indie weirdness. "
they also did pathologic, which is also crazy in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT way. completely open world, super fucking janky (horrible translation), some amazing 4th wall breaking shenanigans. I'm so glad I didn't play it though
#21 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" @Laketown: Holy shit. That is exactly the game that I was thinking of when I posted, I had no idea it was them. DEFINITELY too much fucked up indie weirdness. "
they also did pathologic, which is also crazy in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT way. completely open world, super fucking janky (horrible translation), some amazing 4th wall breaking shenanigans. I'm so glad I didn't play it though "
I've played a little bit of that too. Here I was thinking there was a rising movement of weird-ass games, turns out it was all the same guys. That game WAS janky as hell though, and completely impenetrable. The bit at the beginning where you were watching the actors was really neat, but I still have no idea what was going on.
#22 Posted by Nux (2294 posts) -

I really don't lhink I can.
#23 Posted by obcdexter (573 posts) -

The quick look kinda left me with that weird "I HAVE TO PLAY THIS!!!"-feeling. It just seemed so ... nauseating yet exciting ... as if something incredibly good--or bad--could happen any second.

#24 Posted by phuzzybunny (171 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" Put it in a steam sale and I'm in. "
Me as well. Just to see what comes after the penguins. It could be anything...literally....anything. And that excites me.
#25 Edited by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

I still don't see what the gameplay or real goal of the game was... it's so confusing, and the dialogue is a little bit nonsense. I agree with whoever said it was like dialogue you hear in a dream. There are sentences, they just don't... compute. 

If I can pick it up for 9.99 or less though, I'm there, just to see what happens next, really. 
#26 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Was just watching it.

...my god.

#27 Posted by weegieanawrench (1934 posts) -

I'm also pretty impressed by this, it's so weird you kind of have to play it. 

@XII_Sniper:  I'll pay you the $10 myself, this game looks nuts.
#28 Posted by pikeplacer (388 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
"I'm not going to lie.

This game frightens me.
"
#29 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

I will play it once it becomes cheaper. €20 seems a bit steep for it.

#30 Posted by BulletStorm (487 posts) -

This game is unsettlingly weird, like I felt nauseous during the quicklook. The whole experience was like being in a dali painting. 

Even if I could stomach the weird, my computer isn't in a private space and I would not want to explain constantly what was up with the naked buddies.
#31 Posted by august (3825 posts) -

Their take on gnostic cosmology seems pretty interesting.

#32 Posted by Daavpuke (120 posts) -
@craigbo180:

It's going to be hard to get a complete view of the game as it's just too messed up to put in words. I completed the game and put up just about every aspect in the Wiki if you want to get an idea. But this really is a game that you need to play for yourself to experience its wonder. It has many many flaws though, but still it's a very charming title that I would recommend to anyone, despite its issues. The strange universe just works to suck you in.
#33 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -
@EveretteScott said:
" @abdo said:
" I'm with ya. Can't afford the game right now though, and I have a couple of upcoming exams next month...

"
It's all about Pathologic for me. "
Just bought that, gonna play it
#34 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

It didn't give me the idea that there was much more to it then what was shown in the quick look, so no i am not very impressed, although that was probably my favorite quick look ever

#35 Posted by clush (410 posts) -

Having played a couple of hours of this I'm not very impressed, but definitely amazed. I'll be writing a review at some point in the next couple of days. The game is definitely unique and weird, but sofar that seem to be the game's main and possibly  only real qualities.

Also, for some reason the game's atmosphere and tone remind me of Black & White... how weird is that.

#36 Edited by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

Seems like Ice-Pick Lodge was going for the "weird for the sake of being weird" crowd. I respect that, but when you're asking me to buy a product with my hard-earned money, it's really a non-question. No, I'm not interested in Cargo! The Quest for Gravity.

...I'm glad it exists? I just wish there was a(n) coherent story/interesting character/fun gameplay.

#37 Posted by wafflez (521 posts) -

Its oddly compelling.  I doubt I'll ever play it, but it seems out there enough that it will gain a cult following. 

#38 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

I think it looks cool honestly, it almost looks like a bit of a cross between Nuts and Bolts, Dr Seuss and a bad LSD trip. 

#39 Posted by megalowho (955 posts) -
@Shindiggah said:
" I think it looks cool honestly, it almost looks like a bit of a cross between Nuts and Bolts, Dr Seuss and a bad LSD trip.  "
There's definitely something Seuss-ish about this game, which you really don't see all that often. A big reason of why it looks so appealing to me.
#40 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11423 posts) -

Well, other than the part where it seems entirely incomprehensible and bizarre, it doesn't look like a game I would have much fun with from a purely gameplay perspective. Maybe ripping dudes in half is more my style or something. I dunno.

#41 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

The "Nuts and Blots" aspect of the the game is legitimately pretty fun. It's gameplay is extremely simplistic compared to most other games, but I think thats what I like about it. As for the weirdness. well. Ya, it's pretty fucked up. Overall pretty good for a budget title.

#42 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I would pay at most $3 for this game. Make it happen, Steam.

#43 Posted by FesteringNeon (2158 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" Put it in a steam sale and I'm in. "
Agreed.  It's one I actually want to play and don't want it to be filed in back for later. Hopefully this summer.
#44 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

It's an oddity for sure. I don't think it looks terrible, but I don't think I'd ever finish it.

#45 Posted by hollitz (1398 posts) -

It's a game that I need to own, but maybe only at 10 bucks or lower.  

It was the most amazing quick look I've seen in a long time.
#46 Posted by JJOR64 (18894 posts) -

Weirdness aside, the game does look neat.  When the game hits a Steam sale, I might pick it up.

#47 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -
@npeterson08 said:
" Seems like Viva Media was going for the "weird for the sake of being weird" crowd. I respect that, but when you're asking me to buy a product with my hard-earned money, it's really a non-question. No, I'm not interested in Cargo! The Quest for Gravity. ...I'm glad it exists? I just wish there was a(n) coherent story/interesting character/fun gameplay. "
Viva media? who the fuck are they? the game was developed by Ice Pick Lodge.
#48 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

Cargo looks so dope. I love my job.

#49 Edited by npeterson08 (502 posts) -
@Laketown said:

" @npeterson08 said:

" Seems like Viva Media was going for the "weird for the sake of being weird" crowd. I respect that, but when you're asking me to buy a product with my hard-earned money, it's really a non-question. No, I'm not interested in Cargo! The Quest for Gravity. ...I'm glad it exists? I just wish there was a(n) coherent story/interesting character/fun gameplay. "
Viva media? who the fuck are they? the game was developed by Ice Pick Lodge. "
Woops, Viva Media is the publisher. Misread while looking it up. Edited my original post.
#50 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Nope, I totally want to play this game too.

I sense this being a great Steam sale grab in the near future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.