• 91 results
    Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Hot_Karl

Just in time for that new Twisted Metal reboot right guys? Am I right?

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By JazGalaxy

Vigilante 8 was incredible. The soundtrack was fantastic, the comic book art was fun, the cars all looked good, the gameplay was exciting and fun, the stages were great and the interactivity was second to none in those days and only really eclisped by Twiested Metal Black...

Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
    harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By harvey_the_pooka

I AM FUCKING STOKED ABOUT THIS! Carmageddon is the shit!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ghostiet

Oh God, Carmageddon. That game was relevant in 1998, when it was published, why should anyone give a shit now? We got Twisted Metal on the horizon.

Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
    harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By harvey_the_pooka
    @CaptainFish: Nobody messes with the champion!

No Caption Provided
    mortal_sb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mortal_sb

YES. OH GOD YES.
    I remember the good old times when me and my cousin, both 7 or 8 years old played carmageddon 1 on a piece of shit computer. and how annoyed we were that we had the german version with robots instead of people. still played through this like 4 or 5 times. loved the items and the first level with the football stadium. oh man, i hope they don't fuck this up.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Funkydupe

Add a 50 versus 50 teams fight to the death mode.

Tekkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Tekkor

I have to admit I played alot of the first one. I liked it quite a bit. I dont remember exactly why...but it was fun. I think I skipped the sequels. I would be interested to see a reboot of this though. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By crusader8463

Muhahhahaha! I beat you to this news by a couple days! I win the internet newsies this time Mr. Navarro!

JTHomeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#60  Edited By JTHomeslice

Stone Sour is complete baaaaaaaaaaarf.

nidzumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By nidzumi

Stainless did a good job with MTG and Risk looked pretty faithful version of it. Not that Carmageddon is anything like that but I've got no reason to doubt them yet.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well the URL is still registered to Square Enix. I'm not familiar with how URL registration transfers work, but if you sold off the rights to a franchise, wouldn't you transfer the ownership of the URL to them? And wouldn't that change in ownership show up on a whois report?

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Zabant
    No Caption Provided
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ShaggE
    @Ghostiet said:
    Oh God, Carmageddon. That game was relevant in 1998, when it was published, why should anyone give a shit now? We got Twisted Metal on the horizon.
    Because Twisted Metal is a completely different type of game? And "relevancy" is not synonymous with "enjoyable" unless you only play games to impress others?

But why should anyone give a shit about Twisted Metal? We got Burnout on the horizon. *sigh*
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MrOldboy
    @ShaggE: huh? twisted metal, burnout, hot related in the slightest. either bad irony or bad comment.

Anyway, if this is anything but a $10 XBLA game it is doomed.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#66  Edited By 234r2we232
    @VinceNotVance said:
    Just in time for that new Twisted Metal reboot right guys? Am I right?
    You mean in the same way that the Mortal Kombat reboot was just in time for the Street Fighter reboot? It's always telling over which developers are doing all the work and who are just riding coattails :)
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Deusx

Squeenix... Damn.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @VinceNotVance: I wish. 
    Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vaile

The Big Lebowski reference alone made reading this article worthwhile.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By TheHT

Mysterious independent benefactor? Freaky.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ShaggE
    @MrOldboy said:
    @ShaggE: huh? twisted metal, burnout, hot related in the slightest. either bad irony or bad comment.

Anyway, if this is anything but a $10 XBLA game it is doomed.
    No, just awful reading comprehension. I added the *sigh* to make my point even more obvious, but I guess nothing short of a long drawn out explanation will suffice.

You see, Twisted Metal plays entirely differently compared to Carmageddon. It also plays entirely different to Burnout. These three games are unrelated in every way except for the fact that they involve taking out other racers through destructive means. Therefore, saying that one should overlook Carmageddon and go for Twisted Metal instead makes very little sense, much like saying one should overlook Twisted Metal and buy Burnout. 

Sweet baby jesus on a trampoline. 
    Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bernoulli
    @Ghostiet said:
    These games are nothing alike.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Ghostiet
    @ShaggE said:

@Ghostiet said:

Because Twisted Metal is a completely different type of game? And "relevancy" is not synonymous with "enjoyable" unless you only play games to impress others?
    But why should anyone give a shit about Twisted Metal? We got Burnout on the horizon. *sigh*

Gaming evolved in those 12 years. We're way past it. 3/4 of open world games with cars in them now can do Carmageddon's selling point. And do it much better than a reboot possibly can. And Twisted Metal has at least a passing similarity to it, unlike Burnout to ANY of them.

A Carmageddon reboot seems pointless to me, that's all. I can't think of a way to improve on the formula and trying to sell copies on brutality alone is juvenile as shit and probably won't work anymore. If it's PSN/XBLA - sure, I don't know, try it. A full prized game? It's one of the dumbest ideas I've heard this year.

Also, next time try to take your head out of your ass and be hostile when provoked, mkay?
    kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kidman

Can't have Carmageddon without Fear Factory!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShaggE
    @Ghostiet said:
    @ShaggE said:

@Ghostiet said:

Gaming evolved in those 12 years. We're way past it. 3/4 of open world games with cars in them now can do Carmageddon's selling point. And do it much better than a reboot possibly can. And Twisted Metal has at least a passing similarity to it, unlike Burnout to ANY of them.

A Carmageddon reboot seems pointless to me, that's all. I can't think of a way to improve on the formula and trying to sell copies on brutality alone is juvenile as shit and probably won't work anymore. If it's PSN/XBLA - sure, I don't know, try it. A full prized game? It's one of the dumbest ideas I've heard this year.

Also, next time try to take your head out of your ass and be hostile when provoked, mkay?
    They have just as much in common as Burnout does. Destroy enemy cars. 

Gaming has also evolved since Twisted Metal's heyday. Whats your point? You also seem to be assuming to know what this reboot is offering before we even know if it IS a reboot.

I'm not saying the new game is good or even necessary, just that comparing it to Twisted Metal is ridiculous. In fact, one might say the comparison is most easily reached when one's head is in one's ass.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By Getz
    @Koshka said:
    @Getz: Carmageddon was mostly about killing pedestrians, and I feel, at the time the goriest game. I think you don't know what carmageddon is.
    Nah brah, it's YOU who don't know what Killer Instinct is. It was a pun you dolt.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ch13696

First off, what's wrong with Stone Sour? That's just an opinion that shouldn't really have anything to do with the article. And second, why would you think "Squenix" load the game up with Stone Sour?

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#78  Edited By Pop

Oh fuck yes! I'm sorry you can all hate me but I fucking loved carmageddon 2, I played the crap out of it finished it a bunch of times, I actually can't believe that they're remaking this cause I know a lot of people hate it, if I think about it idk if I would like it, nah screw that I can still hear the pedestrian yelling at night and the 100 credits popup as you kill them :D. I just hope they make it right.

Overbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Overbite

oh holy shit

ArkHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ArkHunter

How about Demolition Derby? That actually had at least 2 maybe versions on the PC. I liked Carmageddon, but it would basically be like Burnout where you can run over people too.

Phalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Phalex

Yep. It's definitely time for a new Interstate '76.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kidman
    @ArkHunter said:
    How about Demolition Derby? That actually had at least 2 maybe versions on the PC. I liked Carmageddon, but it would basically be like Burnout where you can run over people too.
    You're talking about Destruction Derby:)
    _Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By _Nuno_

Couldn't have chosen a worst timing for the announcement of a carmagedon remake, sin ce the supreme court is actually about to rule on the legallity of selling M rated games to kids...

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84  Edited By I_smell

Oh man I loved Carmageddon!

...nnnnnot sure if I would love it in 2011. Cars crash good in everything now, it's not that amazing any more.

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#85  Edited By j_meyer_13

I LOVE THIS!!

Avatar image for arrested_developer
    Arrested_Developer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I still have a PC Gamer demo disc with this game demo on it.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#87  Edited By xpgamer7

Interesting...

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By vinsanityv22

"If you said WWE Crush Hour, you're obviously just trolling at this point, and I hate you. "

-rofl. Damn, you got me, Alex!

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#89  Edited By Lazyaza

God I hope they don't fuck this up. The only way carmageddon works is with a completely unrestrained sense of madness and hilarity in all of its design, aka; fun. 

Tanstaafl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Tanstaafl

I have so much love for Carmageddon.
    I remember when i was like 15 or something and i got the demo for Carmadeggon, there was just 1 car you could drive and something like a 3 minute timer but otherwise a whole city level to mess around in.. well the whole game was pretty much built with plain text .ini files. The demo timer was something like "Demo timelimit: 300" i just deleted that line and suddenly had unlimited time in the demo.. so i changed the name of my car in the ini to an ai car and suddenly i was driving the other cars :P that ended up being a pretty damn full featured demo once i opened it up.. Anyway i went on to buy and love all the games, loved getting into the .ini files and modding to my hearts content as well. I'm hoping the new game will allow a little of that as well.. at the very least it better come out on pc :P whatever, still excited!

Avatar image for deactivated-63590ea485d4d
    deactivated-63590ea485d4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tanstaafl said:
    I have so much love for Carmageddon.I remember when i was like 15 or something and i got the demo for Carmadeggon, there was just 1 car you could drive and something like a 3 minute timer but otherwise a whole city level to mess around in.. well the whole game was pretty much built with plain text .ini files. The demo timer was something like "Demo timelimit: 300" i just deleted that line and suddenly had unlimited time in the demo.. so i changed the name of my car in the ini to an ai car and suddenly i was driving the other cars :P that ended up being a pretty damn full featured demo once i opened it up.. Anyway i went on to buy and love all the games, loved getting into the .ini files and modding to my hearts content as well. I'm hoping the new game will allow a little of that as well.. at the very least it better come out on pc :P whatever, still excited!
    Ha!!! I remember doing this too!!!
    Also, the Unreal tournament original demo was basically the full game with less maps, but you could just add custom maps to the folder and play online!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.