Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 28, 2012

A sequel to the classic 1988 strategy game Carrier Command, Gaea Mission is based on the second book of the Gaea Universe trilogy and is licensed and endorsed by the creators of the original game.

Carrier command reboot

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Back in 1988 I visited a computer show in London with my Dad, it was great (from my 8/9 year old eyes) it also happened to be near my birthday so with my birthday money I got myself two games which I still love to this day.

First was Dungeon Master the second was Carrier Command (both for the Atari ST). Fast forward to 2012 and we get both a DM remake and now it seems we’ll also get a CC reboot!

Looks like it’ll be released in September (with luck). I thought 2012 only held GW2 and Dragon’s dogma to grab my attention but then I found this!

Now I doubt it’ll have the great sound track!

For those that never played the first incarnation or Hostile Waters, CC was a real time strategy game that had two carries sailing around a new group of islands at some point in the future. The islands had a new form or energy which could be used to power all your units. Your task was simple capture all the islands or try to take down the enemy carrier (both were winning scenarios).

So if you liked sins of the solar empire you may want to keep an eye on this, I know I will.

For ref, the 1988 version

poheroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By poheroe

wow!

JimmyPancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JimmyPancakes

I played this and Dungeon Master on my ATARI ST. All these people talking about their nintendos and segas just don't know about the realness that was the ATARI ST. So many heart achingly happy memories of magic.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Used to play the PC port of the original back in the early 90´s. I really hope the reboot ends up decent. Has been kinda hard to tell by the trailers.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

I dont want to undermine you, because Im not. But it sounds like you like this game because you have attached positive emotions that are not from playing the actual game its self. Thats totaly fine, and I have a game like that too ( the creatures series ). I just thought it was interesting.

UtamiJogjaf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By UtamiJogjaf1

good game.i am playing it.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By kalmis

Really interested in this, but liked to see a demo first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.