Castle Crashers coming to the PS3!

• 56 results
#1 Posted by Forcen (1836 posts) -

Confirmed by Emil at The Behemoth.

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/?p=1353

Looks like its going to be the same as the XBLA version just trophies instead of achievements.
Also I'm guessing the DLC will be included.
#2 Edited by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

For a second, I thought you drew that picture. I would have been like, "Wow!"

#3 Posted by skyboost (34 posts) -

Yay! This game looks fun.

#4 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -

already own it on the 360, but that's great news regardless! A wonderful game like this should be shared with everyone!

#5 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Congratulations to PS3 owners, because this is one of the best download-only games available. 

#6 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

wow no fanboy rage

#7 Posted by AuthenticM (3766 posts) -

Sold.

#8 Posted by BlameTheGame (75 posts) -

Looking forward to this game. Would've bought it on 360.. no use for that now!

#9 Posted by regularassmilk (1449 posts) -

DUDE, SWEET!

#10 Posted by Skillface (565 posts) -

Anyone with a PS3, BUY THIS GAME WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!

Hours of entertainment, especially with buddies. I've beaten it at least 5 times with the same 3 friends.

#11 Posted by Psych0Penguin (412 posts) -

I've got it on 360 and I can recommend it, glad to see its getting a wider audience and more people will get to play it. Definitely worth the money.

#12 Posted by Tsupu (13 posts) -

Good game, PS3 owners should get it.

#13 Posted by ververdan0226 (1573 posts) -

Dude, yes!!

#14 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

Hi-five, everyone!

#15 Posted by JJOR64 (19025 posts) -

Awesome for PS3 owners.

#16 Posted by pieboy12321 (61 posts) -

amazing game, nice for u ps3 owners! I have it on 360 its really fun

#17 Posted by JJOR64 (19025 posts) -
@kashif1 said:
" wow no fanboy rage "
Nothing stays exclusive anymore unless it's first party stuff.
#18 Edited by TheMeat (63 posts) -

This seriously made my entire week!  I don't think I'll ever own a 360, because it doesn't make much sense to me for own two systems.  It's too much money that I don't have!!!  It's nice that us PS3 owners are going to have a chance to play a great title!  And again, props for no console flaming!

#19 Posted by Tovan (633 posts) -

Awesome, PS3 users really need to play this, it is worth every cent.

#20 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

Sweet. I'll have to get it once I get a PlayStation 3.

#21 Posted by Chaser324 (6662 posts) -

This is great for PS3 owners...hopefully you guys won't have to wait months for a patch like 360 owners did.

#22 Posted by CoverlessTech (748 posts) -

I surprisingly didn't really get into this game. It seemed like something I would enjoy but I think the unlocks killed it for me. I was playing it just to get characters I wanted to play as but when I got them I was burnt out on grinding the game to get them so I didn't really enjoy it. And it might have been because of that evil save glitch that deleted my levels. Maybe I should try to get back into now that it's been about a year.

Hope you guys get some more enjoyment out of it then I first did.

#23 Posted by JJOR64 (19025 posts) -
@Chaser324 said:
" This is great for PS3 owners...hopefully you guys won't have to wait months for a patch like 360 owners did. "
The patch will probably be there day one.  I think The Behemoth learned their lesson.
#24 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I played the demo and just don't understand why people love it so much.

#25 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
i bet it won't have a ton of issues with multiplayer like the 360 version did. 
psn games are seriously a hallmark of this generation, its the one thing PS3 seems to do way better than 360. 
#26 Edited by Ironknight (129 posts) -

Its a good game especially when your playing with 3 other people so congrats to ps3 owners and don't worry 360 owners your getting trine in a few months

#27 Posted by JJOR64 (19025 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" I played the demo and just don't understand why people love it so much. "
The mulitplayer is probably the best part of the game.  Demo is probably only like 2 levels I bet so you don't get the full experience.  It's like the Castlevania: SOTN trail.  It's only very beginning of the game, you don't even get to play as Alucard.
#28 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" i bet it won't have a ton of issues with multiplayer like the 360 version did. 
psn games are seriously a hallmark of this generation, its the one thing PS3 seems to do way better than 360. 
"
XBL Problems are usually from over crowded servers...
#29 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I played this and was way behind on levels, some dude was like level 200, and I was there at 20, so after that I just thought meh.

#30 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Here's a pic:

#31 Posted by Venatio (4492 posts) -

Good news indeed for people who want it

Although I skipped Castle Chrashers on 360 so I will probably skip it on my PS3 too

#32 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Yes, yes, yes, yes, this rocks.

#33 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
It's the music, length of the game, number of secrets (animal orbs, weapons), leveling up system, graphical style, and humor mostly.

Best beat em up of all time by light years.

Very good news for non-360 PS3 owners.
#34 Posted by MattyFTM (14420 posts) -

I thought microsoft had the publishing rights to castle crashers? I guess it must have been a timed thing.

#35 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
" I thought microsoft had the publishing rights to castle crashers? I guess it must have been a timed thing. "
Probably not exclusive publishing rights, just a one-time thing. Publishing of Xbox Live Arcade games is a grey area really, so I don't actually know whether Microsoft really "published" it or whether it's considered self-published.
The Behemoth never gave O~3 or Zoo Digital exclusive publishing rights to Alien Hominid, and I don't imagine them doing that for any of their other games.
#36 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

Well this is good news for PS3 owners. I played a little in a friend's 360, and it was fun as hell. Can't wait to try it again on the PS3.

#37 Posted by Bucketdeth (8026 posts) -

Man that kicks ass, I'm definently buying this one.

#38 Edited by CoverlessTech (748 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" @TheGreatGuero said:
It's the music, length of the game, number of secrets (animal orbs, weapons), leveling up system, graphical style, and humor mostly.Best beat em up of all time by light years.Very good news for non-360 PS3 owners. "
The humor? You mean poop jokes? If you really think there is humor in that then I well leave you to it. The "humor" was one of the things that actually drove me away from this title.
#39 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

I have both a PS3 and 360 and have never bought this game... should I and which version? 

#40 Posted by CoverlessTech (748 posts) -
@Luke said:
" I have both a PS3 and 360 and have never bought this game... should I and which version?  "
Depends on where you have more friends. The game is a little dull playing single player and like all beat em ups it can get frustrating playing with strangers.
#41 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" @TheGreatGuero said:
It's the music, length of the game, number of secrets (animal orbs, weapons), leveling up system, graphical style, and humor mostly.Best beat em up of all time by light years.Very good news for non-360 PS3 owners. "
Man... I really can't imagine it possibly being the "best beat-em-up of all time". The competition in that genre may be a bit stiffer than you think.
#42 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Finally. I liked that game on the 360. Now that I don't have my 360 anymore I can finally get it on my PS3.

#43 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

This game is fucking amazing. I would buy it if i already didnt have it.

#44 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
Man... I really can't imagine it possibly being the "best beat-em-up of all time". The competition in that genre may be a bit stiffer than you think. "
Why not play it yourself?  Up against Double Dragon, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, TMNT arcade, what others?  Why would the competition be stiffer than I think?  Have you seen the amount of games I've played?

My main problem with most of those games is they don't have the content to keep me interested.
#45 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

Castle Crashers is great.  I'm glad it's getting the chance to sell on PS3 too.

#46 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2910 posts) -

I am all the way down for this. I hope they bring 'Splosion Man over to PS3 as well since I'd rather use the PS3 controller for a sidescroller.

#47 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Awesome!

#48 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2910 posts) -
@Diamond: How about Pulirula? I've played it and can ascertain that it is pure crazy. Also: The Simpsons arcade game.
#49 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Every PS3 owner cheer for one of the awesomest download only games ever mader

#50 Posted by Jimbo (9881 posts) -

Called it in that rumour thread.  GO ME!

*high fives a full length mirror*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.