CastleCrashers Breaks Live arcade SALES RECORD !!!!!!!!!

#1 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -

HOLY SHIT, no wonder the servers got over loaded. Braid was considered a success after selling 30,000 in its first week, Geometry wars2 did around 60k.............well, Castle Crashers sells over 110,000 in 3 days (looking at the leaderboard)

in an interview with Tom fulp and Dan paladin (the dudes who made the game) from Joystiq,
" Joystiq : Now that Castle Crashers has been out for a few days now, have you heard about the game's sales?

Tom: We don't have official numbers, hopefully we'll be getting them soon. As far as we know we are record breaking, because we aren't sure of anyone else selling as many copies. But we have to wait for official confirmation from Microsoft.
Dan: Though, we do have leaderboard totals to go off of and the last time we check, it was at about 103,000 players."

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/31/pax-2008-the-behemoth-talks-castle-crashers-pricing-patches-an/

#2 Edited by Player1 (3839 posts) -

Cool. The game is a lot of fun. They should be working on a patch though, not taking interviews! lol.

#3 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -

Wow, and I didnt even buy that one!

#4 Edited by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -
Player1 said:
"Cool. The game is a lot of fun. They should be working on a patch though, not taking interviews! lol."

they already said, its not the game. it was a server side problem. MS dedicates a certain amount of bandwidth to games....they had no idea this game would suddenly start breaking records. same thing happened with HALO3 the first day. and they said the fix is coming very soon.

anyways, Can we say the First Million Selling Arcade game???
#5 Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver (390 posts) -
#6 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

Arcade game of the year. Brings more to the table than Most retail games.

#7 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

I believe this, CC is just too damn good, as a matter of fact i think i'll go play it right now

#8 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3325 posts) -

Wow, and I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the game can be played in local multiplayer with up to three other people who have silver accounts and never paid for the game, right?

We'll get sales info when we get sales info.  Leaderboards mean nothing.

#9 Posted by Rowr (5236 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"Player1 said:
"Cool. The game is a lot of fun. They should be working on a patch though, not taking interviews! lol."

they already said, its not the game. it was a server side problem. MS dedicates a certain amount of bandwidth to games....they had no idea this game would suddenly start breaking records. same thing happened with HALO3 the first day. and they said the fix is coming very soon.

anyways, Can we say the First Million Selling Arcade game???"
I have suspicions there are a few problems there aside from "server side problems"

Like when I join a game which already appears to be full, and then the game freezes.
#10 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8610 posts) -

This is the only summer of arcade one I haven't bought yet (besides Galaga).  I will definitely now.

#11 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

They said a patch is coming.  I'll wait for official numbers though.  I'm expecting over 90,000.

#12 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Good for them, they definitely deserve it.

#13 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

You can't use the leaderboards to determine sales.  Many people have more than one profile on their 360.

#14 Posted by elektrixx (307 posts) -

I hope they roll out the patch soon, because I'm not going online in-game until it's fixed.

#15 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Bionic Commando did 170,000, but that's over two platforms. So we should wait for solid 360 stats on that one before we do this.

#16 Posted by Rowr (5236 posts) -
elektrixxx said:
"I hope they roll out the patch soon, because I'm not going online in-game until it's fixed."
frustration.

This game doesnt like me to host games.

Which is unfortunate as it seems like the quickest way to successfully find one.

The only success I have had is with friends. Even then it is fucking frustrating to get to the end boss and then drop out to lose all your xp etc.

If this game wasnt so fucking good, this would have killed it dead.
#17 Posted by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

Dude listen
Renegade_v2 said:

"Player1 said:

anyways, Can we say the First Million Selling Arcade game???"

#18 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Hmm, I don't have any friends playing it... I bought it though, and it's pretty cool, but I need to get some co-op on.

#19 Edited by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -

Didn't BC:Rearmed sell 130,000 in its first week?

EDIT: Ignore that, I just remembered that BC:Rearmed was for multiple platforms.

#20 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

Good news, I'm glad the game is doing really well, its super fun and deserves it, this and BC are the best value of games I've got in a long long time.

#21 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

Good stuff, I'm glad they're doing well - we need more games from the Fulp!

#22 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

BC:Rearmed did 130,000 in its' first week across 360, PS3 and PC (not 170,000 as previously mentioned).  I haven't checked the Leaderboards of that (it actually only accounts for those who've beaten it and challenges), but what I can say is that Castle Crashers, when I checked a couple of hours ago was approaching the 170,000 person on the Leaderboard mark.

#23 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Lame. Geo wars 2 is far better.

#24 Posted by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -
Subway said:
"Lame. Geo wars 2 is far better."
How can you even start to compare the two? They're completely different. Apart from them both being games on Xbox live arcade I can't think of a single similarity!!!
#25 Posted by Gorillawhat (1260 posts) -

I just beat Castle Crashers today. What a game! I'm really happy that it's selling so well.

#26 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Subway said:
"Lame. Geo wars 2 is far better."
How can you even start to compare the two? They're completely different. Apart from them both being games on Xbox live arcade I can't think of a single similarity!!!"
One is fun, the other isn't. That's how I'm going to compare them :-p
#27 Posted by rmanthorp (3694 posts) -

Amazing its a fantastic game!

#28 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -
Player1 said:
lol...it works fine now though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.